Men - UConn Baseball 2024 | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Men UConn Baseball 2024

Reaction Score
Is this in lieu of the March open dates? Or is a series being put together in addition to these games?

Hard to schedule out of conference weekend series games in late March this late in the fall. Remember, UConn did have a home series scheduled for Easter weekend, but the school backed out before the contract was signed.

Reaction Score
Hardly a surprise to see UMass on the UConn baseball schedule again, they seem to be on it pretty much every season despite the fact that UMass rarely has a solid team in terms of RPI ranking. I kind of expect UMass to be one of the worst non conference teams on the UConn baseball schedule this season.

Reaction Score

Hardly a surprise to see UMass on the UConn baseball schedule again, they seem to be on it pretty much every season despite the fact that UMass rarely has a solid team in terms of RPI ranking. And as mentioned above, UMass has not had a winning season since 2009. I kind of expect UMass to be one of the worst non conference teams on the UConn baseball schedule this season.

Reaction Score
On the bright side, nothing this year will be equivalent to the RPI hit of the swan song of a game we played against Hartford at home last year (#300 out of 305 in RPI)

Reaction Score
Challenging…? Yes. But take away name recognition and Uconn should be favored to win every series outside of the Auburn series mentioned in this tweet. UCLA would probably be considered the favorite as well in a single game. Everybody else incl. Louis/USF Ind St. should not. I’d say Uconn has done pretty well against both of those programs. This is the national perception, though. Challenging, as much to all those programs, even more so then Uconn.

Reaction Score
A lot to like about the aggressive schedule. Brutal stretch w/ letdown alert and jet lag a given with such a quick turnaround coming back from Cal Baptist. URI on the road and then granted LIU, still gotta play em…followed by a tough 3 gms at Rutgers. Love the midweek KState and Cincy scheduling. At Auburn and UCLA is great
I like the midweek games as well. I noticed last year that other teams schedule tougher OOC midweek away games such as game against Cincy once school ends.

Reaction Score

Does anybody know what the payout structure looks like for an NCAA Baseball Tournament Berth? I’ve found basketball’s general information available, however, I can’t find anything on baseball. The numbers are not comparable, I understand that, but I’m curious as to what type of revenue the other sports can generate from NCAA Tournament success. Qualifying, regionals, supers, etc. or however it’s structured.

Reaction Score
Does anybody know what the payout structure looks like for an NCAA Baseball Tournament Berth? I’ve found basketball’s general information available, however, I can’t find anything on baseball. The numbers are not comparable, I understand that, but I’m curious as to what type of revenue the other sports can generate from NCAA Tournament success. Qualifying, regionals, supers, etc. or however it’s structured.
There is no NCAA payouts from the College World Series.

Reaction Score
Wow. I assumed wrong. I thought the payouts would pale in comparison to football/basketball but I didn’t think they went w/out compensation. Thanks for the reply.

Reaction Score
According to their biographies on the UConn Athletics baseball website, Grad transfers Cameron Mayer, Caleb Shpur, and Gabe Van Emon have two years of eligibility left to play college baseball including the 2024 season.

Reaction Score

-> 1. Kansas State got the scheduling memo

When the Wildcats missed the NCAA tournament last year, committee chairman John Cohen repeatedly pointed to K-State’s non-conference schedule as the reason they didn’t make the tourney — somewhat ignoring the fact KSU clearly had a better resume than a team like Oklahoma. With that said, coach Pete Hughes is leaving nothing to chance in 2024 with road trips to Arizona State, Tennessee, Clemson, Wichita State, Missouri State, UConn, Northeastern and Nebraska. KSU might or might not make the NCAA Tourney in the spring, but if it doesn’t, it certainly won’t be because of scheduling. <-

Reaction Score
George Welch, the LHP Grad Transfer from Southern New Hampshire, is no longer listed on the UConn baseball roster. He is the first player who was on the fall ball roster to be removed from the roster.

The UConn baseball roster currently has 44 players listed on it. The spring roster limit this coming seaon is 40 players. Usually UConn baseball will redshirt a few players and have them listed on the online roster (in the past I have referred to them as being a mini taxi squad), but they won't be on the actual spring playing roster.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
belle

Top Bottom