Men - UConn Baseball @ 2023 NCAA Tournament’s Gainesville Regional (6/2>6/5). Elimination Sunday 6/4/23 v. Florida Gators @Noon on SEC Network | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Men UConn Baseball @ 2023 NCAA Tournament’s Gainesville Regional (6/2>6/5). Elimination Sunday 6/4/23 v. Florida Gators @Noon on SEC Network

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Two questions
what is the status of the two pitures who did not play in the be championship?
since the ncaa only allows 27 players on the roster who is left off?

Reaction Score
Two questions
They currently have 12 position players getting regular PT (Hyde, Garbowski, Huber, Tammaro, Padilla, Freeberger, Morton, Smith, Studley, broadhurst, Simmons and Daniels). I think they would likely want to carry Kron and Dalena as well and leave Brini off to make 14 hitters. That leaves 13 spots for pitchers out of the 15 guys who have been active (not counting Pascarella who pitched 1 game or Freeberger who is already counted as a hitter). If Cooke and Kirby are unavailable those would be the two guys you leave off and if they are available I would guess the two pitchers left off may likely come from the group of lower leverage relievers (Carrea, Abadessa, Quinn, M. Quigley)

Reaction Score
Two questions

For reasons that I don’t understand, UConn doesn’t tell us who its active roster is for any weekend, and while Chris Jones may at some point in the series say who is still on the bench we haven’t seen yet, he doesn’t simply tell us at the beginning of a weekend series.

Reaction Score
There are 40 names on the website roster. That means 13 won’t be on the roster

Reaction Score
There are 40 names on the website roster. That means 13 won’t be on the roster

There are 40 names on the website roster, but three of them are not on the active playing roster for spring of 2023, and it mentions that if you check the biography section of each play Hector Alejandro was out for the season with an injury. Freshmen J.J. Hood and Sam Clark are not on the active roster and were redshirted for the season. By the way, both Hood and Clark are currently in the Transfer Portal, so it is very possible they will not be back next September for fall ball. There are times when a player in the Portal doesn't end up leaving.

The following players are on the official 37 man roster, but did not play in any games this spring. Highly unlikely they will travel with the team.

Chris Brown - the only non freshman of this group.
Levi McAllister
Ryan Juliano
Noah Sorenson
Gavin Greger
Ryan VanDeWater

Juliano is already playing summer ball in the Futures League. Nothing unusual about that, I've seen that sort of thing before with players who were redshirted but on the playing roster.

Reaction Score
Two questions
This is the same for every conference weekend as well.

Reaction Score
There are 40 names on the website roster, but three of them are not on the active playing roster for spring of 2023, and it mentions that if you check the biography section of each play Hector Alejandro was out for the season with an injury. Freshmen J.J. Hood and Sam Clark are not on the active roster and were redshirted for the season. By the way, both Hood and Clark are currently in the Transfer Portal, so it is very possible they will not be back next September for fall ball. There are times when a player in the Portal doesn't end up leaving.

The following players are on the official 37 man roster, but did not play in any games this spring. Highly unlikely they will travel with the team.

Chris Brown - the only non freshman of this group.
Levi McAllister
Ryan Juliano
Noah Sorenson
Gavin Greger
Ryan VanDeWater

Juliano is already playing summer ball in the Futures League. Nothing unusual about that, I've seen that sort of thing before with players who were redshirted but on the playing roster.

I went to the Norwich Sea Unicorns home game tonight against the New Britain Bees. Gavin Greger was the starting left fielder for the Bees tonight, so he is another redshirted UConn player who is already playing in summer ball.

Reaction Score
I went to the Norwich Sea Unicorns home game tonight against the New Britain Bees. Gavin Greger was the starting left fielder for the Bees tonight, so he is another redshirted UConn player who is already playing in summer ball.
Don't expect him back. He is in the transfer portal.

Reaction Score
Don't expect him back. He is in the transfer portal.

That would not surprise me considering he did not get any playing time. Greger isn't yet listed in the D1Baseball.com Transfer Portal list, but that could just be a matter time.

Reaction Score
No surprise in the lineup. I wouldn't have given the ball to Quigley to start but I certainly get why you go with the guy who has been the closest thing to a consistent starter over the campaign. Hopefully he can get us 5 or 6 solid innings and bounce back from the most recent starts. I'm beyond hoping for the spectacular.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom