Men - UConn Baseball @ 2023 NCAA Tournament’s Gainesville Regional (6/2>6/5). Elimination Sunday 6/4/23 v. Florida Gators @Noon on SEC Network | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Men UConn Baseball @ 2023 NCAA Tournament’s Gainesville Regional (6/2>6/5). Elimination Sunday 6/4/23 v. Florida Gators @Noon on SEC Network

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Initial thought is start SQuigs against tech and set up the possible moonshot Sears performance against Florida. Also Sears can potentially neutralize the lefties in the Florida lineup specifically Caglianone who can wreck a game on his own. Must beat Tech but gonna have to take some measured risks. We’ll see.

Reaction Score
Initial thought is start SQuigs against tech and set up the possible moonshot Sears performance against Florida. Also Sears can potentially neutralize the lefties in the Florida lineup specifically Caglianone who can wreck a game on his own. Must beat Tech but gonna have to take some measured risks. We’ll see.
If it's my decision, I give Coe the ball against Tech, both because he deserves the #1 slot off last week and because if he goes 5 or 6 innings on Friday he will be available for a final game on Monday if necessary. None of the other starters give you that. I agree with Sears in game 2, looking for his A game if it's Florida, and then Quigley in game 3. If we play 4, and haven't used him already, Ellison in a game 4, and the staff, looking like game 5 last weekend, if there's a 5th game.

Reaction Score
If it's my decision, I give Coe the ball against Tech, both because he deserves the #1 slot off last week and because if he goes 5 or 6 innings on Friday he will be available for a final game on Monday if necessary. None of the other starters give you that. I agree with Sears in game 2, looking for his A game if it's Florida, and then Quigley in game 3. If we play 4, and haven't used him already, Ellison in a game 4, and the staff, looking like game 5 last weekend, if there's a 5th game.
Yes Coe is a fair point, Penders loves him and he’s got a hot hand. The only caveat I would have is how specifically Coe/Squigs match up specifically with tech. If it’s a push I can see Coe starting Friday.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I like the idea of Coe but (if we have someone who could be up for the task) I would consider using an opener for the first two innings, then put Coe in, ideally for the next five.

Reaction Score

Given how Coe has been pitching of late, and the fact that he can be useful out of the bullpen a few days after a start, it certainly would not surprise me to see Coe get the start in the Friday game. I would then expect either Sears or Stephen Quigley to get the start on Saturday, with the other one starting the next game on Sunday. We'll just have to see how the coaching staff decides to go with it.

Hopefully Cooke and Kirby are available to pitch this weekend as well, as that would certainly give a bit more depth to the pitching staff for this regional.

Reaction Score

Sounds like SQuigs on Friday which was my original thought but I have no issues SQuigs or Coe Friday. I’m more interested in having Sears go against Florida if get by Tech. But seems Coe in play for that potential start. We‘ll just have to see (as dbmill says). Haha.

Reaction Score
Sounds like SQuigs on Friday which was my original thought but I have no issues SQuigs or Coe Friday. I’m more interested in having Sears go against Florida if get by Tech. But seems Coe in play for that potential start. We‘ll just have to see (as dbmill says). Haha.

Guess it all depends what we're seeing.

I have to get around to listening to this interview that is referenced here.

Reaction Score
I was thinking the same thing, then the Committee chair says during the post reveal interview how he's not familiar with north east baseball and how they should adjust the RPI to reflect the challenges of northeastern schools.

I would say the chair of the committee might want to get familiar with northeast baseball, considering 3 teams from New England got at large bids, and as I said before, none of the 3 teams were on the bubble. Haven't researched it, but it would seem that this is the first time it has happened in a long time, that is, if it has ever happened before.

Reaction Score
I would say the chair of the committee might want to get familiar with northeast baseball, considering 3 teams from New England got at large bids, and as I said before, none of the 3 teams were on the bubble. Haven't researched it, but it would seem that this is the first time it has happened in a long time, that is, if it has ever happened before.
Yep. Uconn has a #22 RPI yet was lowered effectively 9 spots to the #31 seed and snuck in as a 2 regional seed. Hence my pessimism and paranoia last week.

Reaction Score
Normally I would be heading down to Gainesville to support the team, but already had a vacation scheduled so will have to miss this year.
Yeah, I'm debating going. Fares are still very reasonable out of BDL to Orlando and game tickets are nothing. Will make a decision this afternoon.

Reaction Score
UCF jut lost their HC recently (so did Cincy but that's for the conference realignment threads ;)):

Reaction Score
UCF jut lost their HC recently (so did Cincy but that's for the conference realignment threads ;)):

I know that this is practice but UCF is a nice place to see a game as well. I have sat up top behind home plate and had access to food and beverage. Nice of UCF to allow the use of their field.

Reaction Score
Yeah, I'm debating going. Fares are still very reasonable out of BDL to Orlando and game tickets are nothing. Will make a decision this afternoon.
Fortunately, I can drive the three hours there. Unfortunately, I have a critical software release starting on Friday Night that I'm not too confident about. Have my tickets for Tech and hope to see more games.

Reaction Score
Fortunately, I can drive the three hours there. Unfortunately, I have a critical software release starting on Friday Night that I'm not too confident about. Have my tickets for Tech and hope to see more games.
Made the decision and we will attend. Bought tickets for Friday (easy) and Saturday night (winners bracket game) since that will be a tough ticket under the safe assumption Florida plays. If required can dump them. Will have trip reports and photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom