Men - UConn Baseball 2022 | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Men UConn Baseball 2022

Reaction Score
AAC isn't either?
AAC is falling apart. Who cares? But before we left and the Big XII raidead it, yes, by computer metrics and expected NCAA bids I would have said it was. Although the term doesn’t in baseball have the consensus about what it means that it does in football and hoops.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

I was at the game and saw those kids running around but missed Judge. He is hard to miss.

Question for others. How did UConn get Dana? Impressive homer last night. I know that he transferred from Seton Hall but wondering about the details since intra-conference transfers seem rare.

Reaction Score
I was at the game and saw those kids running around but missed Judge. He is hard to miss.

Question for others. How did UConn get Dana? Impressive homer last night. I know that he transferred from Seton Hall but wondering about the details since intra-conference transfers seem rare.

He is a Grad transfer. That seems to be getting quite common.

Griggs

Yale Bowl portal 8
Reaction Score
Three regular season games played, not a single word in Hartford Courant!

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Three regular season games played, not a single word in Hartford Courant!
All the news thats fit to print - my arse (even if its not their slogan)
its a certain segment of the population rag

Reaction Score
UNF lost to UCF yesterday (2/22/2022) 3-2. UCF is currently 4-0 after winning big against Siena over the weekend with scores of 12-0, 16-2 and 18-0. UNF is at Florida this evening. UNF is currently 1-3.

Reaction Score
UNF lost to UCF yesterday (2/22/2022) 3-2. UCF is currently 4-0 after winning big against Siena over the weekend with scores of 12-0, 16-2 and 18-0. UNF is at Florida this evening. UNF is currently 1-3.

A little more on North Florida. D1Baseball picked them to finish fourth in the Atlantic Sun. North Florida finished last season with an RPI of 122. On the opening weekend, North Florida lost 2 out of 3 games to Presbyterian, a team the had an RPI of 134 last season, and picked to finish third in the Big South this season. I find these to be quite respectable RPI's. Probably not as good as any of the teams UConn played this past weekend, but I still expect competitive games this weekend. As always, while a sweep is always nice, the goal in college baseball is to take 2 out of 3 in any weekend series.

Reaction Score
A little more on North Florida. D1Baseball picked them to finish fourth in the Atlantic Sun. North Florida finished last season with an RPI of 122. On the opening weekend, North Florida lost 2 out of 3 games to Presbyterian, a team the had an RPI of 134 last season, and picked to finish third in the Big South this season. I find these to be quite respectable RPI's. Probably not as good as any of the teams UConn played this past weekend, but I still expect competitive games this weekend. As always, while a sweep is always nice, the goal in college baseball is to take 2 out of 3 in any weekend series.

Wasn't Presby like the last team we played prior to COVID shutting everything down? And weren't they horrific? (Not that you can't improve over 2 years, but IIRC I couldn't understand why we had scheduled a team that bad.)

Reaction Score
Wasn't Presby like the last team we played prior to COVID shutting everything down? And weren't they horrific? (Not that you can't improve over 2 years, but IIRC I couldn't understand why we had scheduled a team that bad.)

UConn did play them that year. Presby had a truly bad year in 2020, they were 2-14, with an RPI of 227 (of course, in a shortened season). They were quite a bit better in both 2019 and 2021.

On these southern road trips, UConn baseball seems to usually do a pretty good job of scheduling competitive southern teams from non major conferences, and generally avoiding the sub 200 RPI squads. Obviously they missed with Presbyterian in 2020.

Reaction Score
Lost to the gators 3-1. So their pitching, non weekend guys, did pretty well against two respectable programs this week. Their lineup has had the benefit of live games twice this week which to me is a massive advantage heading into the weekend while our guys play sim games or take BP. Despite their record 2 out of 3 is a success…

Reaction Score
Lost to the gators 3-1. So their pitching, non weekend guys, did pretty well against two respectable programs this week. Their lineup has had the benefit of live games twice this week which to me is a massive advantage heading into the weekend while our guys play sim games or take BP. Despite their record 2 out of 3 is a success…
But at least we will have all of our arms rested, whereas UNF used up 18 innings of pitching on Tuesday and Wednesday.

Which makes me wonder if the Big East's relative scarcity of mid-week games at the beginning of the year is designed to preserve pitching (before facing relatively stronger out-of-conference teams, i.e. big RPI implications).

Reaction Score
But at least we will have all of our arms rested, whereas UNF used up 18 innings of pitching on Tuesday and Wednesday.

Which makes me wonder if the Big East's relative scarcity of mid-week games at the beginning of the year is designed to preserve pitching (before facing relatively stronger out-of-conference teams, i.e. big RPI implications).
I think it is mostly driven by weather and not a strategy to save pitchers. Most of these teams play in the North and quite frankly it is not practical to be playing a baseball game in February in places like CT, NY, NJ etc.

Reaction Score
Not bad. I expected Florida to have an easier time over UNF in Gainesville. I watched Stetson lose to Florida on Tuesday 8-1 at home.

Reaction Score

So for a midweek game, exactly where within a two hour bus trip of Storrs would you like to play baseball in February or the first half of March?

Reaction Score
I think it is mostly driven by weather and not a strategy to save pitchers. Most of these teams play in the North and quite frankly it is not practical to be playing a baseball game in February in places like CT, NY, NJ etc.
Ah yes of course, that makes sense.

Reaction Score
Others receiving votes (listed alphabetically): Alabama (5-3), Arizona State (3-4), Auburn (5-1), Baylor (3-4), Bryant (3-2), BYU (5-2), Cal Poly (4-3), Cal State Northridge (5-2), California Baptist (7-0), Campbell (1-6), Charlotte (3-3), Coastal Carolina (6-1), College of Charleston (6-1), Connecticut (5-1), Dallas Baptist (4-3), Davidson (5-1), Duke (4-3), East Carolina (2-5), FIU (6-2), Gonzaga (6-2), Indiana (1-5), Indiana State (5-2), Kennesaw State (6-1), Kentucky (7-0), Louisville (4-3), Oklahoma (5-2), Oregon (4-3), Penn (2-1), Portland (6-1), Purdue (8-0), Rutgers (5-1), Saint Mary's College (7-0), San Diego (4-3), Southern Miss (5-2), Tennessee Tech (6-0), Texas A&M (5-2), Texas State (7-1), Tulane (6-1), UAB (6-1), UC Irvine (4-3), UC Santa Barbara (5-2), UCF (6-1), UTSA (6-1), Virginia Tech (6-0), Wake Forest (8-0), Washington State (5-3), West Virginia (5-2).
Dropped out: Duke (26), East Carolina (27), Bryant (29).
By conference: ACC 8, SEC 8, Big 12 4, Pac-12 4, Atlantic Sun 1, Big Ten 1, Big West 1, Conference USA 2, Western Athletic 1.

Reaction Score
Coming in at #47 in this new ranking.

Anyone find it odd that Louisville who is struggling and who we beat fairly easy is coming in at #43. Gotta love the early season polls.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom