UConn All Time Greats in 2k17 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn All Time Greats in 2k17

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Duncan played an extra year, that means more development and more time to achieve things. Second, he never won a title like Kemba did, let alone the fact that Kemba put an entire team on his back and won it all, something that can be seldom said. Finally, Kemba's numbers as a junior were pretty ridiculous too, dont remember off the top of my head but id certainly say its not overshadowed by Duncan's 21-15-3 in any way. I get that Duncan was super consistent and well rounded, but Kemba's peaks were something else. Kemba could win you a game that mattered, Duncan and big men in general cant really do that.
Im not trying to devalue anything Kemba did by any means. I just think you gotta give credit where credit is due. Like I said, I think their greatnesses are comparable, but just my opinion I would rate Duncan higher.

Reaction Score
What's really criminal is how Kemba got snubbed for POY in favor of Jimmer.

Reaction Score
I'm guessing more factors into the rankings than just how good the specific player was at UConn. It's probably some combination of the two. I doubt Kemba is a 95 overall if he wasn't a borderline all-star at the NBA level.

Still...however you're doing it, Caron being an 87 is baffling. He should be up there with Hamilton and Ray.

The Duncan/Kemba debate is probably unsolvable. One is obviously much better at basketball than the other, and that's certainly no slight to Kemba. Then again, they played in different eras, which complicates things...you could argue that taking everything into account (how good they were relative to everybody else in that particular season, the value of guard play in college basketball relative to other positions, leadership/charisma, context of how their respective teams fared the season after their departure, etc.), Kemba had a better, more accomplished season.

Reaction Score
Is anyone else having trouble downloading the roster? Whenever I click buy it just says "working" and stays like that. I wish Boat was on the roster. Hands down my favorite player of all time.

Reaction Score
What's really criminal is how Kemba got snubbed for POY in favor of Jimmer.

Or Big East Player of the Year...

But this is a time-honored Boneyard favorite topic.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
If this is based on college performance:
Bazz is way too low
Drummond doesn't belong
No Okafor, BG or KEA is ridiculous

Reaction Score
Adrien is .the only guy I wouldn't have included.

NlVV4I3.jpg

Say that to his face.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member