U19 USA vs Italy - Tuesday's game | Page 2 | The Boneyard

U19 USA vs Italy - Tuesday's game

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Megan Walker has a nice looking shot, if she gets more consistent as she gets older, she'll be a dominant player. As expected for a HS player her defense needs significant improvement.

Reaction Score
The only really positive thing about the US today is that they are dominating the boards.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Crystal goes to the bench 5:33 left with USA having a 13 point lead. 58-45

Short Rest for Crystal she's back in the game at 4:27 left.

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
Ruthie plays like she hasn't fully grown into her body yet.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
USA wins it 66-49.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
USA Wins 66-49 due to their 3rd quarter dominant performance. That's were the game was decided.

Lack luster 4th quarter as USA only scored 14 points to Italy's 10

Live Stats: FIBA Live Statistics

Crystal and Tyesha Harris (So Carolina) left USA players. Each with 11 points. Joyner Holmes had 9 pts Megan Walker with 6 points.

Since I mentioned her earlier, I thought Joyner Holmes played much better in 2nd half.

Reaction Score
U guys sound like spoiled little babies...let the young ladies play and learn from their mistakes! It's summer for goodness sake! Get over it...congrats on another win USA!!!

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
66-49 final. USA did much better in third and most of fourth periods. Crystal was a difference maker.

The good news: They won
The bad news: They need to get better very soon.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
U guys sound like spoiled little babies...let the young ladies play and learn from their mistakes! It's summer for goodness sake! Get over it...congrats on another win USA!!!

I don't know if you were actually watching the game, but it is the consensus of those of us who were that our favorites did not acquit themselves particularly well. Sorry to bring rain to your summer picnic.

Reaction Score
Anybody notice how tight the rims are? I am still sensitive to rims since FF. :(

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
USA next plays Puerto Rico in the one and done Round. Listed as the first game tomorrow, so it may be an approx 7:30 AM Start

Besides the USA game, the Italy vs Spain game could be interesting for us fans.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Most of us were only saying what the coaches were probably saying to the players. USA players definitely weren't playing up to their potential. It was not just the poor shooting it was the lack of ball movement and getting called for silly fouls by being out of position. If they play like they did in the 1st half, they won't beat Russia. The goal for the team and players is to bring back the Gold Medal. They're not in Italy for a Vacation.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Through 3 games Walker is 13-24 (54%) on twos, 1-8 (12%) from three, and 1-4 from the foul line.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
USA Wins 66-49 due to their 3rd quarter dominant performance. That's were the game was decided.

Lack luster 4th quarter as USA only scored 14 points to Italy's 10

Live Stats: FIBA Live Statistics

Crystal and Tyesha Harris (So Carolina) left USA players. Each with 11 points. Joyner Holmes had 9 pts Megan Walker with 6 points.

Since I mentioned her earlier, I thought Joyner Holmes played much better in 2nd half.
Thanks for mentioning Holmes. I was going to ask if she was at the tournament. I could not tell what player she was. What is her number? Harris from SC looks good offensively and CD is making some really good passes. It is certainly not from of a lack of talent but no one player so far, has stood out from the rest of the players, imo. Maybe one will in upcoming games.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I read all of the comments. I concur with most of your observations. I thought it was just me. The USA coaches had to going crazy during the game. Our girls were not playing like the elite players they are supposed to be.

Half the the points Italy scored were uncontested. At times, our defense was nonexistent.

I made the same observation as another poster. Crystal is the only serviceable pg on the team. The coach can't take her out for long periods of time. The entire tenor of the game changes when she comes out.

Make no mistake about it, Dangerous is the leader and COO of the team during their games. You can tell, the other players willingly defer to her.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

So talking about women's basketball on a women's basketball forum is sounding like "spoiled little babies"? What do you suggest we talk about?

donalddoowop

Reaction Score
Her consistency from the outside is one of the few areas in her game that she really needs to work on.
I believe if she improves on her consistency she will become an elite player. I'm feel sure her decision making and shot selection will improve greatly at Uconn.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Chennedy Carter is gonna be a real handful in the SEC. They should have the guards switching on screens not chasing. Italy has a very simple game plan, spread USA out and go 1 v 1.
Chennedy Carter is a maddening player to watch. She is clearly gifted offensively but displays so little effort ( actually no effort) when her assigned person does not have the ball. Body language aside she needs to be coached up on putting in some work before her player gets the ball and the concept of actually being in a position to help her teammates defensively.

donalddoowop

Reaction Score
Chennedy Carter is a maddening player to watch. She is clearly gifted offensively but displays so little effort ( actually no effort) when her assigned person does not have the ball. Body language aside she needs to be coached up on putting in some work before her player gets the ball and the concept of actually being in a position to help her teammates defensively.
On what SEC team will she be playing?

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Megan Walker has a nice looking shot, if she gets more consistent as she gets older, she'll be a dominant player. As expected for a HS player her defense needs significant improvement.

Through 3 games Walker is 13-24 (54%) on twos, 1-8 (12%) from three, and 1-4 from the foul line.

The FT shooting is an anomaly. She's usually at about 80%.
Then MW 54% shooting from the floor would be an anomaly also. It's a nice improvement above her HS and previous USA basketball shooting numbers. We have debated this before, IMO MW's feet are not square to the basket on her shot and in this tournament her shot seems flatter than I can remember. The last time we debated this one poster said that that new fangled way kids are being taught to shoot these days- to which I cannot relate.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom