U17 and U18 recruiting target observations | Page 40 | The Boneyard

U17 and U18 recruiting target observations

Reaction Score
Take that MW!!!:p

Destiny Littleton drops 68 points tonight in only 3 quarters of play.... she's on a rampage!

Czm6yiiVIAArM3n.jpg:large

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
While we've been paying attention to games that are played on the court, recruiting continues on, with big Amira Collins giving her nod to Tennessee. She's currently playing on the Paul VI uber high school team with other top-flight recruiting commits, including PG Honesty Scott-Grayson (say that five times fast) and ND commit Mikayla Vaughn, among others.

That's Holly's first commit for 2018, joining her pretty bountiful 2017 class.

Junior Amira Collins of Virginia's Paul VI give verbal commitment to Tennessee Lady Vols
Heck, Holly'll be able to just roll the balls out at practice. Won't have to coach at all.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score

The picture from the article does not look like Jordan Nixon.

Sure looks like a player that is on Fordham (and that looks like the Rose Hill Gymnasium).

In any case, it was sure fun to read an article from the "New York Amsterdam News," even if the photo is seemingly mismatched. My wife is Columbia Teachers College graduate and I used to come see her up in Morningside Heights and the Amsterdam News would be around to read at coffee shops, diners.

As per Jordan Nixon, her name caught my attention when she was at Horace Mann, which is one good college prep school. She's now at Mary Louis Academy, which is also the home of Danielle Patterson, soon to be a member of Notre Dame.

With Lindsay Allen (finally) graduating -- she's started at ND since her first game frosh year -- we'll need a PG to join Ali Patberg. Scott-Grayson and Nixon certainly look to be among the cream of the crop in 2018.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
With Lindsay Allen (finally) graduating -- she's started at ND since her first game frosh year -- we'll need a PG to join Ali Patberg. Scott-Grayson and Nixon certainly look to be among the cream of the crop in 2018.
Did you forget about Abby Prohaska and Katlyn Gilbert?

Reaction Score
The picture from the article does not look like Jordan Nixon.

You're right. Those players have Fordham uniforms on and are playing in Fordham's gym !!!
I'm pretty sure that's not Jordan Nixon.

Reaction Score
Sure looks like a player that is on Fordham (and that looks like the Rose Hill Gymnasium).

In any case, it was sure fun to read an article from the "New York Amsterdam News," even if the photo is seemingly mismatched. My wife is Columbia Teachers College graduate and I used to come see her up in Morningside Heights and the Amsterdam News would be around to read at coffee shops, diners.

As per Jordan Nixon, her name caught my attention when she was at Horace Mann, which is one good college prep school. She's now at Mary Louis Academy, which is also the home of Danielle Patterson, soon to be a member of Notre Dame.

Tuition at Horace Mann is $43,000 per year. That's from kindergarten through 12th grade. I'm not sure of the cost of pre school.

Dillon77

Reaction Score
Did you forget about Abby Prohaska and Katlyn Gilbert?

Oh no, not at all....very happy to have both of those guards on board for Fall 2018. But I'm thinking about point guards. Gilbert is really an off-guard (combo at best) and Prohaska isn't a point player (from what I can see/read, looks like a red-headed combination of Brittany Mallory/Megan Duffy/Hannah Huffman). Patberg will be our only true PG on the roster next year (2017-18) and given her health issues up to now, that's a bit concerning. Maybe Muffet will do a regular-season signing this spring, but if we don't, the Class of 2018 is the next chance for another PG. The "Bench" is a bit worried...would love to see Ali return to health .

Dillon77

Reaction Score
NJ Press Report: Dara Mabrey goes for 33 in early-season match-up....

...for her #1-rated Girls HS team in NJ, Manasquan, over the #6-rated Red Bank Catholic Caseys (yes, that is their knickname, one of the coolest in NJ, IMHO), 66-62.

Due to pre-Xmas lunacy, I was not able to see this one, but I know the Star-Ledger reporter and he's not prone to that much hyperbole. Dara had three 3-pointers and a number of drives and free throws. She seemed confident and hot, after hitting her first few shots. I like the quote she gave about working on her game all summer.

Yes, she did score half of her team's points. That's unusual in that 'Quan is loaded with potential collegiate players, most notably forward Faith Masonius, pesky point guard Stella Clarke and transfer Lola Mullaney. Ms. Masonius, a board favorite and Class of 2019 target, had a double double. Lola Mullaney is a talented transfer from Colts Neck who makes this team even stronger and Stella Clarke (do all the Marlon Brando's on the board love that name?) is a smart distributor, pesky defender and motion machine who gets dead-ball rebounds like a hungry robin gets worms after a warm spring rain. :cool:

Best part about this performance, I'm guessing, is that sister Marina should've been able to catch this big Shore Conference game.
(There's a picture in the linked article that has her going up for a shot in which she looks just like Marina.)

Manasquan at Red Bank Catholic

Hope to get to a few games after the 25th and in January. Until then, happy holidays all!

Reaction Score

...for her #1-rated Girls HS team in NJ, Manasquan, over the #6-rated Red Bank Catholic Caseys (yes, that is their knickname, one of the coolest in NJ, IMHO), 66-62.

Due to pre-Xmas lunacy, I was not able to see this one, but I know the Star-
Yes, she did score half of her team's points. That's unusual in that 'Quan is loaded with potential collegiate players, most notably forward Faith Masonius, pesky point guard Stella Clarke and transfer Lola Mullaney. Ms. Masonius, a board favorite and Class of 2019 target, had a double double. Lola Mullaney is a talented transfer from Colts Neck who makes this team even stronger and Stella Clarke (do all the Marlon Brando's on the board love that name?) is a smart distributor, pesky defender and motion machine who gets dead-ball rebounds like a hungry robin gets worms after a warm spring rain. :cool:

Hope to get to a few games after the 25th and in January. Until then, happy holidays all!

Can you believe that Manasquan was not even in the ESPN top 30 nationally.....only Blair Academy was ranked in top 25 and St Rose was top 30....................

Dillon77

Reaction Score
Can you believe that Manasquan was not even in the ESPN top 30 nationally.....only Blair Academy was ranked in top 25 and St Rose was top 30.....
You really have to wonder how well researched these are...at least in the beginning of the year. After that, the actual results help prove what's in the pudding. Still, this team had the three team leaders back from a squad that lost the TOC in the 2nd overtime to a senior-laden team.
In addition to D. Mabrey, F. Masonius and S. Clark, Victoria Galvan is back from injury to take over the center slot and free Masonius to be a forward. And transfer Lola Mullaney is one of the better shooting/point guards of the class of 2019. They'll round into pretty super form.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score

Due to pre-Xmas lunacy, I was not able to see this one, but I know the Star-Ledger reporter and he's not prone to that much hyperbole. Dara had three 3-pointers and a number of drives and free throws. She seemed confident and hot, after hitting her first few shots. I like the quote she gave about working on her game all summer.

Best part about this performance, I'm guessing, is that sister Marina should've been able to catch this big Shore Conference game.
(There's a picture in the linked article that has her going up for a shot in which she looks just like Marina.)

Manasquan at Red Bank Catholic

Quan.png

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Blue Star observations from the Crescom Classic.

Olivia Nelson-Ododa – 2018 – 6-5 – Post – Winder-Barrow – Established and well known prospect who shows time and time again why she’s so highly regarded…Big, long, active player who makes her presence known every game… So mobile, getting around to get position in the post, handling the ball some in transition, and getting up off the ground quickly to pull boards… The footwork is there…Boxes out every time…Rare combination of size and skills with a still evolving game

Christmas Catch-Up II - CresCom Bank Holiday Invitational - Bluestar Media

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
12/29

22 points for Christyn Williams but Central Arkansas Christian loses in round two of the Naples Shootout.

Reaction Score
Seriously folks, who is our next big recruit? Any inside info?

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Seriously folks, who is our next big recruit? Any inside info?
It's whoever Geno wants. When I see great players at other schools, I know it's because Geno only has four scholarships per year and can't take everyone...... :p

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
NO inside information here but if UCONN signs ANY of these three players there will be a concessional investigation let by Vandy.
Olivia Nelson-Ododa #1 2018 ESPN
Christyn Williams #2 2018 ESPN
Samantha Brunelle #1 2019 ESPN

With Brenda, Mulkey and Muffet and half of the coaches in WCBB as cosignatories. I think right now they are all shaking their heads in admiration, envy, anger, fear and confusion. Just they way I like it. What will they do however if all 3 sign? Put radium in Geno's soup? Commit mass seppuku? All get "Geno Stinks" tattoo's?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom