U17 and U18 recruiting target observations | Page 38 | The Boneyard

U17 and U18 recruiting target observations

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Blue Star's Mark Lewis who attended a recent Texas high school tournament:

Charli Collier – 2018 – 6-5 – Post – Barbers Hill
– Continues to develop and add to her game…Increased strength…Passing the ball more effectively…Jump hook is showing much more refinement…Uses the high post drive more selectively…No longer settles for the perimeter looks…Depth of skills challenging defenders…Plays with effort on both ends

Two-For-One In Texas - Bluestar Media

Reaction Score

– Continues to develop and add to her game…Increased strength…Passing the ball more effectively…Jump hook is showing much more refinement…Uses the high post drive more selectively…No longer settles for the perimeter looks…Depth of skills challenging defenders…Plays with effort on both ends

The UConn door is unlocked for her................she just has to open it

Reaction Score
Nice player but no room at the inn at UConn

Raoul ‏@Raoul_000 1h1 hour ago
WBB: New schools mentioned in connection with Abby Prohaska (OH-2018) — Notre Dame, Tennessee, Stanford, UCLA, Vandy http://www.wcpo.com/news/insider/lakota-west-to-host-prestigious-journey-to-the-tourney-event-this-weekend …

Cx-Qjv7XAAcoOyb.jpg

0 replies1 retweet3 likes

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score

Two-For-One In Texas - Bluestar Media
Jump hook! I love it. Sign her up!

Reaction Score
Nice! I can imagine Crystal Dangerfield feeding the post like a beast! How are our chances?

Reaction Score
The new MW. Someone start a thread and let's shoot for a million views.....

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Nice get for ND..solid all around player

Raoul ‏@Raoul_000 20m20 minutes ago
WBB: Abby Prohaska, 5-8 G, Lakota West HS (West Chester, OH), has committed to Notre Dame; 2018 commit #2 for ND, joining Katlyn Gilbert.

So her Hoopgurlz profile says she is 5-8. Prospects Nation says she is 6-0. A Hoopgurlz article from March says she is 5-10.

I'll go with the 5-10 since that's what USAB listed her at.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Nice get for ND..solid all around player

Raoul ‏@Raoul_000 20m20 minutes ago
WBB: Abby Prohaska, 5-8 G, Lakota West HS (West Chester, OH), has committed to Notre Dame; 2018 commit #2 for ND, joining Katlyn Gilbert.

A lefty who is supposed to be very physical and hasn't met a floor she won't dive on. This is making several Irish faithful think of Brittany Mallory. That would be a.o.k. for me! :D

Dillon77

Reaction Score
So her Hoopgurlz profile says she is 5-8. Prospects Nation says she is 6-0. A Hoopgurlz article from March says she is 5-10.

I'll go with the 5-10 since that's what USAB listed her at.

Sounds good to me...looks like Niele's sky miles allowance might be able to be reduced a bit with the Gilbert/Prohaska early signings.

Reaction Score
Sounds good to me...looks like Niele's sky miles allowance might be able to be reduced a bit with the Gilbert/Prohaska early signings.

Don't know if you saw her play this summer.....she was a coaches favorite on the USA team..........played a fair amount of minutes............nice shot.............good form.............not the fastest player but physical and smart.........BTW................Playing against Michelle Sidor this weekend...........just a scrimmage....curious to see if she has improved over the summer

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Just went on the USA site and was looking at that U17 team's stats - not overly impressive with a lot of the players getting significant minutes not producing very significant stats. It does make you wonder about the coaching.

Interesting to note that 2018 is looking more like 2016 with recruits committing quickly in their Junior year rather than 2017 where it seemed we got into September of their senior year before most of the 2017s made their choice. It is the end of November and 15 out of ESPNs top 60 have already given verbals.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Don't know if you saw her play this summer.....she was a coaches favorite on the USA team.....played a fair amount of minutes..nice shot...good form...not the fastest player but physical and smart....BTW......Playing against Michelle Sidor this weekend......just a scrimmage....curious to see if she has improved over the summer
Based on the actual stats - not all that true - averaged 13.3 minutes/game and scored 3.1 ppg - shot 30% overall and 23% from 3 and 62% on FTs - she did have 14 assists but also 10 TOs.
As I said above - the stats for that team were pretty problematic. As a team they had 98 assists and 151 TOs! Shooting was .37/.27/.69

Reaction Score
Based on the actual stats - not all that true - averaged 13.3 minutes/game and scored 3.1 ppg - shot 30% overall and 23% from 3 and 62% on FTs - she did have 14 assists but also 10 TOs.
As I said above - the stats for that team were pretty problematic. As a team they had 98 assists and 151 TOs! Shooting was .37/.27/.69

Considering that she was pretty much an after thought among that group and based on the strange substitution patterns of those coaches 13.3 minutes is fairly significant..........I don't think too many kids shot well during that tournament.....her shooting form was excellent

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
You know, the interest and success Uconn is having in the TX region may be the result of membership in the AAC with its crazy geographic spread - with Tulsa, Houston, SMU and Tulane, plus Memphis there is a lot more exposure for the program in the region - add in H and H with Texas and Baylor and uconn is playing three games a year that are likely a long or short road trip away from that hot bed of talent. They have lost some of the mid-west exposure but still have Cinci, Temple replaces Villanova, and they have more exposure in FL and Carolina. Not everything about the AAC is terrible :rolleyes:

Dillon77

Reaction Score
Just went on the USA site and was looking at that U17 team's stats - not overly impressive with a lot of the players getting significant minutes not producing very significant stats. It does make you wonder about the coaching.

Interesting to note that 2018 is looking more like 2016 with recruits committing quickly in their Junior year rather than 2017 where it seemed we got into September of their senior year before most of the 2017s made their choice. It is the end of November and 15 out of ESPNs top 60 have already given verbals.

I noticed that, as well, Our two class of '16ers -- Boley and Young -- both signed up early, while Danielle Patterson was pretty close to the wire in 2017. And for 2018, we've already got two -- Ms. Prohaska and Ms. Gilbert -- committed.
Muffet is on record as saying he should have four, maybe even five, recruits in 2018 . Given how many have already committed, I wonder if this will become a buyers or sellers market from here on in.

Dillon77

Reaction Score
Don't know if you saw her play this summer.....she was a coaches favorite on the USA team.....played a fair amount of minutes..nice shot...good form...not the fastest player but physical and smart....BTW......Playing against Michelle Sidor this weekend......just a scrimmage....curious to see if she has improved over the summer

"Glue" player is something I hear/read a lot of in regards to Prohaska. If she can attain that threshold, good, and indications are she might be able to go beyond that.

Look forward to hearing your take on Sidor. Saw a few lines here or there (Prospects Nation?) on her performance at various camps, all of which focused on long-range bombing or "ability to pour in points" (or something to the effect).

Whoa, the HS games will begin soon....will have to check out various holiday tournaments.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom