U16 US Trials - games, lists (May 26-28) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

U16 US Trials - games, lists (May 26-28)

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Interesting stuff from Lewis - thanks for posting.
(I am always a little wary of his evaluations and comments as he is not a disinterested observer, but it is interesting.)
I think he underestimates the coaching issues on the previous U16/U17 teams - perhaps they were not talented enough, but I felt the coaching was suspect as well. And I am not sure it was the selection process that was at fault though I think the complete revamp between the two competitions was a mistake - USA is always behind the world in putting together teams and getting them organized and one way to compensate for that is to keep continuity year to year. They do it with the coaching for that reason and usually do it with the players - I didn't see a significant change in performance of the selected players with the new line-up, but really all the same issues from they previous year.

Reaction Score
First cuts have been made.

Brunelle, Boston, Gordon, and Watson are still there.

Bueckers, Burke, Brink, Taylor, Jones, and Jackson did not.

No shame in getting cut here.........plenty of other chances to prove oneself in the years ahead..........that said, glad to see my girls Miller and Watson showing what NJ Shore ball is about

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
No shame in getting cut here....plenty of other chances to prove oneself in the years ahead.....that said, glad to see my girls Miller and Watson showing what NJ Shore ball is about

I only had one of the two lists so I deleted my post you quoted. Turns out, they all made it through round one.

I thought it was odd that they would be cut so early.:p

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom