two things | Page 2 | The Boneyard

two things

Reaction Score
Meanwhile, I just want the darn schedule to come out so I can see when they play at Georgetown so I can get tickets to see the Huskies in DC. That's the closest they will get until they have the home and home season with Maryland.

Catching games in Philly would also be reasonable on weekends.

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
I gave up my Gampel tickets a few years ago, simply too long of a drive. I've kept my XL tickets. Question, in the old days Gampel would be just about sold out. Do you anticipate Gampel selling out this year? If so, unless Carnac, et. al., has some special friends, it might have to be the XL center. However, it's not all bad. If he has to settle for the XL center I'll look for a tall guy in a turban in the cheap seats and buy him a refreshment.
Huge amount of anticipation around here about the upcoming season.

I think that Gampel will sell out on weekend games, when it is easier for people especially large groups to get there. On weeknights, there will probably be some seats available in the upper levels for mediocre Big East games, but that`s about it. The students might also not come out in full force for a so-so midweek game.

However, although I have never used StubHub or similar outlets for UConn tickets, I think you can get them there if you are willing to pay a premium plus the not insignificant processing fees.

I haven`t seen numbers, but I spoke to someone in ticket sales at UConn as part of the season ticket renewal process and I was told that season ticket sales were up.

I also went through the season ticket upgrade process this summer but nothing was available in the lower level. My seats are not bad in the upper level but there were no upgrades available for me there either. That all indicates strong demand.

This is not surprising. No games to see in person last season, and we are all chomping at the bit to see Bueckers, Fudd, et al. Cannot wait.

The unknown variable is how will Covid affect things. The demographics of the in person fan base is not great, lots of old folks. We don`t know what the protocols will be although Governor Lamont`s emergency powers have been extended until at least February and I suspect they will require proof of vaccination to get in. Almost all of the old people in Connecticut have been vaccinated. Proof of vaccination will probably make some people more comfortable showing up (I`m going to be there whether they require proof or not, but I`ll just leave it at that).

Also on the topic of Covid, normally there are the busloads of church, school, etc. groups that come to the weekend games. Since those younger age groups might not be vaccinated, a vaccination requirement might keep those groups down. Also, schools have been very strict with Covid protocols, and they might decide to simply not book those trips like they have in the past in any event.

We will see. One way or the other though, I think that Bueckers, Fudd and the rest are too big of a draw, especially after a year of no in person games, and they will fill or nearly fill the place on most days and nights, other than perhaps a mediocre midweek Big East game. Even there though, the place will be almost full.

Reaction Score
Never seen the Huskies live. Would love to
I live in Queens NY and have no transportation.
Disability (I use a walker) makes it tough to get to Storrs
My daughter and granddaughter live in Long Island, so we went to a WCBB game at Stonybrook before the pandemic.
She loved it (she's my BY Avatar)
Can go to a game at St.John's on Sunday, 1/23. Can probably talk them into it if it's an afternoon game.
I want my granddaughter( 6 years old) , who is very active and likes to shoot baskets in her backyard, to see it done right.

MooseJaw

Bullmoose#1
Reaction Score
I’ll try to make it out there next year. That would be very enjoyable. I’ve seen them 4 times here in Northern and Southern California. One was the Loss at Stanford in 2014. The team’s only loss that season. Didn’t like the loss, but enjoyed watching them play live in person. Looking forward to it. Thanks. :cool:
Perhaps I see an opportunity for a BY get together for a game. Just a thought but I have never been to a game at either location. I had relatives living in Ct. from the 60's until last year, we went to many H.S. girls games but never made it to the big time. If there is interest heading to UCONN next year for a game it would be an experience that would be hard to pass up. For many of us time is not in our favor and there is no time like next year. Any interest out there?

MooseJaw

Bullmoose#1
Reaction Score
Never seen the Huskies live. Would love to
I live in Queens NY and have no transportation.
Disability (I use a walker) makes it tough to get to Storrs
My daughter and granddaughter live in Long Island, so we went to a WCBB game at Stonybrook before the pandemic.
She loved it (she's my BY Avatar)
Can go to a game at St.John's on Sunday, 1/23. Can probably talk them into it if it's an afternoon game.
I want my granddaughter( 6 years old) , who is very active and likes to shoot baskets in her backyard, to see it done right.
Inthepaint: I love your avatar, she looks like a little princess. Stay strong, enjoy the upcoming season.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Carnac, another thought. For anyone much over 6 feet tall, Gampel isn't very comfortable. The architect must have been 5 feet tall.
The seats in the Mandalay Bay Arena in Las Vegas , home of the Aces and the NHL Knights are tight also. I had to sit at an angle the first time I attended a game. Those seats are very uncomfortable for tall people. Now I only sit in aisle seats when I go there. I’ll keep that in mind, thanks.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
The seats in the Mandalay Bay Arena in Las Vegas , home of the Aces and the NHL Knights are tight also. I had to sit at an angle the first time I attended a game. Those seats are very uncomfortable for tall people. Now I only sit in aisle seats when I go there. I’ll keep that in mind, thanks.
I read somewhere recently that Mark Davis is looking at other options on the Aces playing venue. Evidently you are not the only one to complain about the leg room.

Reaction Score
True. From Manchester to Storrs is only about 120 miles. The original poster said they were moving from Atlanta, where a 2 hour drive can sometimes take you about 5 miles.

Had to read this twice. Until I realized you weren’t referring to Manchester CT. :D

Carnac

Reaction Score
I read somewhere recently that Mark Davis is looking at other options on the Aces playing venue. Evidently you are not the only one to complain about the leg room.
Serg, as I’m sure you know, there are many other venues in Las Vegas that are available, big enough and would love to become the new home of the Aces.

Reaction Score
Had to read this twice. Until I realized you weren’t referring to Manchester CT. :D
Yeah. I think back in the day they had a list of 20 or so acceptable New World names to choose from.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Serg, as I’m sure you know, there are many other venues in Las Vegas that are available, big enough and would love to become the new home of the Aces.
True that, it's just how big does Mark want to go. Currently they average less than 5,000, even in the pre COVID days. Now if they happen to win the WNBA title this year it might help in tickets sales. Mandalay Bay Arena holds 12,000, which is more than twice the size of current attendance. Currently there are 5 Men's and Women's basketball conference championships held in Vegas, so he does have at least 5 venues he can play at including their current one.

Reaction Score
When I had Gampel tickets I always had bench seats. Whoever was directly in front of me could use my knees as armrests and I'm only 6'2". I've sat in the chair back seats for events like "First Night". A little better, but it would still be tight for anyone taller than me. As for width, I'll defer to Mrs. Skeets :)

Reaction Score
All this talk about getting to games made me think... The guy who always helped me feel like I was at the game...even though I wasn't was @dannykuconn . Does anyone know... maybe Danny himself will answer... if he's coming back this year? Always Love his action photos of the Husky games!

GO HUSKIES!

Reaction Score
Uhhh Monte, I’m a little further away than a two hour drive. Believe me, if I did live that close, I would be a regular at Gampel, the XL and the Mohegan Sun Arena for the women’s BB games. You could spot me real easy. I’d be the tall guy walking around the arena wearing a turban and a smile. :)
I'm not so sure they'd let you walk around either the XL or Gampel just wearing a turban and a smile.

Carnac

Reaction Score
When does official practice begin for our team? :rolleyes:

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Uhhh Monte, I’m a little further away than a two hour drive. Believe me, if I did live that close, I would be a regular at Gampel, the XL and the Mohegan Sun Arena for the women’s BB games. You could spot me real easy. I’d be the tall guy walking around the arena wearing a turban and a smile. :)

Pretty sure they require you to wear pants.

Reaction Score
When I had Gampel tickets I always had bench seats. Whoever was directly in front of me could use my knees as armrests and I'm only 6'2". I've sat in the chair back seats for events like "First Night". A little better, but it would still be tight for anyone taller than me. As for width, I'll defer to Mrs. Skeets :)
I never sat in worse seats than the upper bowl of the XL Center, there's practically no room for your knees/feet and steep as heck. Forget trying to get up to go for food/drinks or whatever while fans are seated, if you're lucky you'll be able to make the aisle but don't lose your balance trying to get there. :mad:

Reaction Score
When will they post the places where the games are being played, XL or Gampel, so we can buy tickets for single games?

We get no respect. Article every day this week in the Norwalk Hour and the Danbury New Times on the Mens BBall team, for the women, nothing.
But did the mens team get a mention in the Wall St Journal crossword?
26D4FCC1-15F7-4C25-90FF-3BE0F93AE677.jpeg

Reaction Score
Definitely, count me in. I’ll see if I can get MDoggie to join us. He also lives in the area. I’ve known him for over 30 years, way before I became a UConn fan. I’m closer to Upland.
I am about an hour from UCLA in Ventura County. Deal me in!

Reaction Score
I never sat in worse seats than the upper bowl of the XL Center, there's practically no room for your knees/feet and steep as heck. Forget trying to get up to go for food/drinks or whatever while fans are seated, if you're lucky you'll be able to make the aisle but don't lose your balance trying to get there. :mad:
When I started to get pushed to the "double letter" rows of the XL center for single game tickets is when I decided to get season tickets. Those upper rows are ridiculous. You have to watch the TVs because you can't see the court.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom