two things | The Boneyard

two things

Reaction Score
When will they post the places where the games are being played, XL or Gampel, so we can buy tickets for single games?

We get no respect. Article every day this week in the Norwalk Hour and the Danbury New Times on the Mens BBall team, for the women, nothing.

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
I’ll be moving from Atlanta to New Hampshire and will be able to attend UCONN games for the first time!!! SO excited and I am wondering the same thing especially about the tickets part.
Hate to tell you this, but NH isn't that close to CT. Plan to stay over.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I’ll be moving from Atlanta to New Hampshire and will be able to attend UCONN games for the first time!!! SO excited and I am wondering the same thing especially about the tickets part.
Good for you Lucky, I’m jealous. I’m hoping to see my first women’s game in Gampel Pavilion soon. I’m a huge fan who’s not getting any younger or wealthier.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
When will they post the places where the games are being played, XL or Gampel, so we can buy tickets for single games?

We get no respect. Article every day this week in the Norwalk Hour and the Danbury New Times on the Mens BBall team, for the women, nothing.
Men's season officially started Tuesday with the first practice. Once the women's begins next week we'll start getting regular in-season press coverage.

MooseJaw

Bullmoose#1
Reaction Score
Atlanta is a good place to leave, we will be heading to Tn. soon, 35 miles from Knoxville, Would I go to Rocky Top for a game, only if the Husky's are playing there and I could get tickets. So hello TV.

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
Good for you Lucky, I’m jealous. I’m hoping to see my first women’s game in Gampel Pavilion soon. I’m a huge fan who’s not getting any younger or wealthier.
Carnac, it is hard to believe that you have not been to a game. That is something that needs to be rectified as soon as possible.

It is like saying that Einstein did not take Physics in High School.

When you finally get to Gampel, you will have the time of your life. Get there real early, hang out in the bookstore across the street from Gampel, buy a lot of UConn gear, and then get into the arena early to watch them go through warm ups.

And make your presence known. I promise to buy you a hot dog. And a pretzel to boot.

Switching gears, it is hugely annoying that they require season ticket holders to commit to Gampel, XL, or both without knowing where the games are going to be played. I have them for both so it is not much of an issue for me, but still.

And as far as coverage goes, The Hartford Courant has been giving the men a lot of coverage recently - loads of optimism about where they are at - but once the women start practicing, there will be no shortage of coverage for them as well.

Carnac

Reaction Score
If you're just over the MA border it is less than a 2 hour drive; not much longer than a drive from southwest CT to Storrs.
Uhhh Monte, I’m a little further away than a two hour drive. Believe me, if I did live that close, I would be a regular at Gampel, the XL and the Mohegan Sun Arena for the women’s BB games. You could spot me real easy. I’d be the tall guy walking around the arena wearing a turban and a smile. :)

Monte

Count of Monte UConn
Reaction Score
Uhhh Monte, I’m a little further away than a two hour drive. Believe me, if I did live that close, I would be a regular at Gampel, the XL and the Mohegan Sun Arena for the women’s BB games. You could spot me real easy. I’d be the tall guy walking around the arena wearing a turban and a smile. :)
Where do you live?

Carnac

Reaction Score
Carnac, it is hard to believe that you have not been to a game. That is something that needs to be rectified as soon as possible.

When you finally get to Gampel, you will have the time of your life. Get there real early, hang out in the bookstore across the street from Gampel, buy a lot of UConn gear, and then get into the arena early to watch them go through warm ups.

And make your presence known. I promise to buy you a hot dog. And a pretzel to boot.

Switching gears, it is hugely annoying that they require season ticket holders to commit to Gampel, XL, or both without knowing where the games are going to be played.

And as far as coverage goes, The Hartford Courant has been giving the men a lot of coverage recently - loads of optimism about where they are at - but once the women start practicing, there will be no shortage of coverage for them as well.
I’ll try to make it out there next year. That would be very enjoyable. I’ve seen them 4 times here in Northern and Southern California. One was the Loss at Stanford in 2014. The team’s only loss that season. Didn’t like the loss, but enjoyed watching them play live in person. Looking forward to it. Thanks. :cool:

Carnac

Reaction Score
Atlanta is a good place to leave, we will be heading to Tn. soon, 35 miles from Knoxville, Would I go to Rocky Top for a game, only if the Husky's are playing there and I could get tickets. So hello TV.
That’s the only time you dare go to a Tennessee women’s basketball game wearing UConn gear. There’s safety in numbers. :confused:

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Southern California. In a suburb of Los Angeles called the Inland Empire. Born and raised here. I still like living here. All of our (kids and grandchildren) and friends are here.
Riverside, etc. is probably 1.5 hours from me in LA. If/when UCONN plays UCLA we could meet up!! Don't get a chance to hang with many UCONN fans out here.

Carnac

Reaction Score
Riverside, etc. is probably 1.5 hours from me in LA. If/when UCONN plays UCLA we could meet up!! Don't get a chance to hang with many UCONN fans out here.
Definitely, count me in. I’ll see if I can get MDoggie to join us. He also lives in the area. I’ve known him for over 30 years, way before I became a UConn fan. I’m closer to Upland.

Last edited:

Carnac

Reaction Score
Men's season officially started Tuesday with the first practice. Once the women's begins next week we'll start getting regular in-season press coverage.
That’s when we can begin in earnest to figure out Geno’s starting 5.

Reaction Score

Media Day was today, so I imagine more stories will be coming. As much as we love content, it does require a fair bit of work for the reporters and it's a lot easier to develop stories when you have a media day with lots of player access.

Reaction Score

Switching gears, it is hugely annoying that they require season ticket holders to commit to Gampel, XL, or both without knowing where the games are going to be played. I have them for both so it is not much of an issue for me, but still.

I gave up my Gampel tickets a few years ago, simply too long of a drive. I've kept my XL tickets. Question, in the old days Gampel would be just about sold out. Do you anticipate Gampel selling out this year? If so, unless Carnac, et. al., has some special friends, it might have to be the XL center. However, it's not all bad. If he has to settle for the XL center I'll look for a tall guy in a turban in the cheap seats and buy him a refreshment.

Reaction Score
Carnac, another thought. For anyone much over 6 feet tall, Gampel isn't very comfortable. The architect must have been 5 feet tall.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom