Twitter and Big East Films | Page 12 | The Boneyard

Twitter and Big East Films

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
So the side piece that led to Cooley's wife pressing him to move to DC was Goodman?

Excited John Cena GIF by WWE

Reaction Score
Because the doc was biting the hand that feeds him. Fanta needs a relationship with the league and the coaches. Doesn't matter that the "documentary was fine", it's an outsider piece. Fanta's supposed to be an insider.

He participated in it and approved the final product. He’s a big boy.

Goodman and Dauster are pathetically using Fanta as a human shield.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
It's extremely strange that they're implying that Fanta thought he was working with the Big East? They don't actually say it, but they just say that the dude "misled those he interviewed by calling his company Big East Films." That reads like a line they put in to make it seem like their involvement was necessary. If John Fanta thought the one man production he was working with was affiliated with the Big East, a company he does actually do work with (he's a host for Big East Media Day for the Big East Digital Network among other things), I'd be gobsmacked.
Yeah that part is confusing. Also did he not have some kind of face to face interaction with the producer at some point?

It’s telling that John did not share the doc though so I’m not sure if he approves of how he was used. That’s just a weird explanation for it.

It’s also the last thing he needs to be worried about seeing the way more important things going on in his life currently.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
That list would take all day, it might be easier to list the things that aren't offensive about him

Let's make it easy. List the three biggest things you hate about him.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I'll go...Patriots fan, Michigan fan, Red Sox fan.

Well, I can't argue any of those!

In general, as someone who used to follow Barstool more, the chasm between what Barstool is and what Barstool is portrayed as being has always been pretty wild.

Toxic right wing hellscape or a bunch of 20-40 year old freaks and geeks making dumb jokes and betting on sports.

Reaction Score

In general, as someone who used to follow Barstool more, the chasm between what Barstool is and what Barstool is portrayed as being has always been pretty wild.

Toxic right wing hellscape or a bunch of 20-40 year old freaks and geeks making dumb jokes and betting on sports.
Don’t think it’s a toxic right wing hellscape, Dave just talks too much for someone with a significant lack of knowledge on most topics. Not to dissimilar from the general public in that way, but he has an enormous audience.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Let's make it easy. List the three biggest things you hate about him.

1. The casual racism. He has used the 'n' word on his podcasts on multiple occasions and has defended a bunch of other racist things he's said.

2. The casual misogony. He regularly attacks women who speak out against the awful things he says about women, and encourages his followers to harrass them online. It happens all the time.

3. He threatened to fire his employees that wanted to unionize (and retracted his threat when AOC tweeted at him that this was illegal) and ended a program in the company that allowed for anonymous complaints to HR.

He's a terrible person. A lot of guys go through that frat boy phase, but most grow out of it eventually. He never did, and started a company encouraging all of that crap.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Don’t think it’s a toxic right wing hellscape, Dave just talks too much for someone with a significant lack of knowledge on most topics. Not to dissimilar from the general public in that way, but he has an enormous audience.

I didn't mean to imply that was your position against him/Barstool. Should have clarified.

Dave's a loudmouth and provocative but he's also playing the El Presidente character more often that not. It's how he became obscenely successful. While I don't even agree (or follow) most he says, he's not a phony and does a ton of charity work.

I just think he takes a lot of flack from people (not saying you) that don't even really know what he is or what he does.

Reaction Score

He clearly hates Goodman. Which lets me overlook a few things.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
1. The casual racism. He has used the 'n' word on his podcasts on multiple occasions and has defended a bunch of other racist things he's said.

2. The casual misogony. He regularly attacks women who speak out against the awful things he says about women, and encourages his followers to harrass them online. It happens all the time.

3. He threatened to fire his employees that wanted to unionize (and retracted his threat when AOC tweeted at him that this was illegal) and ended a program in the company that allowed for anonymous complaints to HR.

He's a terrible person. A lot of guys go through that frat boy phase, but most grow out of it eventually. He never did, and started a company encouraging all of that crap.

1. I don't even necessarily remember the exact details of the N word issue but I believe that African American employees at the time put out a podcast with the actual word spelled out and he was referring to that. Don't try and paint the picture he was referring to or calling people that. That's a pretty despicable insinuation.

2. Oh you mean the people that casually accused him of sexual assault? And he had the receipts to back that up that it was false?

3. Ok so a boneheaded statement about employment legality.

Nothing about the millions raised to small businesses and charities either through direct contributions or exposure?

Reaction Score

I never followed Barstool but a couple buddies of mine used to play weekly basketball with Big Cat and they say he's the nicest guy you could ever meet. I watched his interview with Calhoun and those dudes love Calhoun, Hurley, and UConn. I know Portnoy from his pizza reviews which are a good thing in a time where small business is getting crushed. He's an annoying button pusher but anyone who raises that kind of money for people certainly isn't all bad.

Reaction Score
1. I don't even necessarily remember the exact details of the N word issue but I believe that African American employees at the time put out a podcast with the actual word spelled out and he was referring to that. Don't try and paint the picture he was referring to or calling people that. That's a pretty despicable insinuation.

2. Oh you mean the people that casually accused him of sexual assault? And he had the receipts to back that up that it was false?

3. Ok so a boneheaded statement about employment legality.

Nothing about the millions raised to small businesses and charities either through direct contributions or exposure?

Relax, Dave. It's a message board.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Attributed to former NYS appellate judge and former guest of the New York State Department of Corrections Sol Wachtler. He was not referring to his own indictment.
Ah yes, that's the source.
You're forgetting that truth is an absolute defense to defamation!;)
No forgetting, and I see what you did.

Mine was genuine curiousity as to what others might be thinking after reading something far more direct, extreme, provocative, and inflammatory (and presumably less likely to be true) being posted with no equivocation whatsoever... primarily to see if anybody has been developing some sense of what might be worth pursuing as legally actionable or not (and why), beyond merely harnessing emotions about something and trying to round up support toward forging consensus opinions as to what's in questionable taste or propriety, when it shows up in via innuendo or supposition, under cover of plausibly claimed uncertainty about the story's veracity.

It was either that, or adding a, "One bite, everybody knows the rules" quip.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Fanta did nothing wrong
I don't think he did anything wrong, either, but reading between the lines, it seems like Goodman's implying otherwise. Who else could he be referring to when he claims to be defending "someone caught up in it?" At first I thought it might be Cooley, but the more I think about it the less likely that seems.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom