TV Coverage for first game on FS1 | Page 6 | The Boneyard

TV Coverage for first game on FS1

Reaction Score
I'm sure once the game starts it will appear on the Fox Sports App. That's how those typically work. When you open the app on a fall Saturday a bunch of football games show up that are not on cable.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
There's no unknown. The guy with the fs1 logo in his avatar has told you how to watch.
If you take a look online, there doesn’t seem to be a dedicated real time link for the game, or maybe I’m just missing it.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
If you and I were married (I married up, I know), but now getting divorced, if you kept the money and I took the house, did I buy the house from you? There's an argument to be made and a way you can explain it as yes, but not really. We're really not far apart here, it's semantics. I was only nitpicking your original nitpick. I don't even think it really matters because 6 of the 8 original members of the conference (counting Nova) plus a couple others who've been around for almost 20 years are in the Big East. This is the Big East. I think we all, except Freescooter and a very select few others, would agree.

Nah. I am pretty sure you are wrong. The American was the Big East, straight up. The C7 left the conference. UConn, Cinci and USF stayed in the conference. The name was sold and the Big East rebranded as the American. A new conference was formed by the C7 and others who they invited.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Nah. I am pretty sure you are wrong. The American was the Big East, straight up. The C7 left the conference. UConn, Cinci and USF stayed in the conference. The name was sold and the Big East rebranded as the American. A new conference was formed by the C7 and others who they invited.
Somewhat analogous, consider the interesting history of the name "New England Brewing Company:"

In its first iteration, in the 90s in Norwak, Phil Markowski and Ron Page were the brewmasters, and Rob Leonard came over from Elm City Brewing to join them as a helper. That iteration of NEBCO went out of business during the first bust of the craft beer boom, as did Elm City, and Markowski moved on to Southampton, Page to City Steam and Leonard to John Harvard; then Leonard bought the NEBCO name and started what is now known as NEBCO, and Markowski became the brewer and one of four owners of Two Roads.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
What channel is the fox sports app? Is it the same as FXM, because I think that I get that.
progressive-commercial.gif

Reaction Score
Somewhat analogous, consider the interesting history of the name "New England Brewing Company:"

In its first iteration, in the 90s in Norwak, Phil Markowski and Ron Page were the brewmasters, and Rob Leonard came over from Elm City Brewing to join them as a helper. That iteration of NEBCO went out of business during the first bust of the craft beer boom, as did Elm City, and Markowski moved on to Southampton, Page to City Steam and Leonard to John Harvard; then Leonard bought the NEBCO name and started what is now known as NEBCO, and Markowski became the brewer and one of four owners of Two Roads.
This post just jogged a million memories of my time in SoNo as an assistant editor at what is now a nationally recognized sports business trade publication (then, a faxed daily). I’d be in the office by 5am, occasionally hearing the pop-pop of guns a few blocks away. I’d usually find myself closing those very long days a few blocks in the other direction at the old New England Brewing.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
This post just jogged a million memories of my time in SoNo as an assistant editor at what is now a nationally recognized sports business trade publication (then, a faxed daily). I’d be in the office by 5am, occasionally hearing the pop-pop of guns a few blocks away. I’d usually find myself closing those very long days a few blocks in the other direction at the old New England Brewing.
It was a beautiful building there in the Maritime Center. And their Gold Stock Ale was one of the best beers being made at the time. I believe that was Ron Page's recipe, and it's the only beer from the first iteration that the current brewery has ever made.

Reaction Score
It was a beautiful building there in the Maritime Center. And their Gold Stock Ale was one of the best beers being made at the time. I believe that was Ron Page's recipe, and it's the only beer from the first iteration that the current brewery has ever made.
I drank a lot of Gold Stock Ale. Back then, it was a game changer. Basically, a full bodied golden ale with legit German hops.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Only if you got the Booster too, and on top of that, a negative Covid Test to rule out a breakthrough infection.

:confused:
I think it’s OK if you wear a mask while you watch it but only so long as you’re at least 6 feet away from the television.

Reaction Score
Yeah. I don’t see the game on the fox sports app schedule. Only 2 games in 6:30 time slot. Gotta be kidding me. Thought for sure game was on fs1

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score

I think this is a good example of how someone can be accurate but also wrong.

The things you cited in your post did happen.

But when Villanova and Georgetown and a whole bunch of other original Big East members formed a new conference under the Big East name, that new conference was, for all intents and purposes, the Big East. It's the successor to the original Big East, if not de jure then de facto.

A lot of people here made fun of the new Big East (because we weren't in it), but the negative comparisons were to the original Big East in its heyday; nobody was saying the AAC was still the real Big East. Because most of the teams defected and took their fanbases and rivalries, and the name, with them.

Are the Browns not the Browns? Are the Ravens the real Browns? I wouldn't say so.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
Yeah. I don’t see the game on the fox sports app schedule. Only 2 games in 6:30 time slot. Gotta be kidding me. Thought for sure game was on fs1
I've seen too many sources saying the full game will be streamed on the Fox Sports app to completely write it off, but I guess worst case I listen to it on the UConn Sports Network, watch the silly whip around coverage (on mute) and watch the full game recording from the FS1 overnight broadcast tomorrow.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I think this is a good example of how someone can be accurate but also wrong.

The things you cited in your post did happen.

But when Villanova and Georgetown and a whole bunch of other original Big East members formed a new conference under the Big East name, that new conference was, for all intents and purposes, the Big East. It's the successor to the original Big East, if not de jure then de facto.

A lot of people here made fun of the new Big East (because we weren't in it), but the negative comparisons were to the original Big East in its heyday; nobody was saying the AAC was still the real Big East. Because most of the teams defected and took their fanbases and rivalries, and the name, with them.

Are the Browns not the Browns? Are the Ravens the real Browns? I wouldn't say so.

I agree with the current state of things. The Big East is the Big East. The Browns, The Carolina Hurricanes etc. There is no need to say "New".

But at the time, the name The Big East, belonged to the legal entity that renamed itself The American. So did the tournament credits and exit fees. It could have kept it. The C7 had no right to it until they bought those rights (although they could have remained in that league). I only pointed this out because the person I replied to had some inaccurate perceptions of how that came to be.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom