Tulsa game thread | Page 18 | The Boneyard

Tulsa game thread

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I was a walk on in 79. Had to play against him in practice. He was great.
Great player for New London HS.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Re-watching the game. I can see where HCRE went nuts and why he went nuts.
The shot to the head was dirty and they called it off. Should have been first and goal at the 1. That was the second of a number of lousy calls. The non pass interference across the middle on Newsome. The guy grabbed him as he crossed the middle.
The clock didn't start when the ball was placed at the nine yard line with a second left. It started after he took two steps. No way that was a legal play.

The officials were officially lousy to say the least

Yes I am still mad about the officials

Reaction Score
And thank you Junior, for not only knocking the ball away on the final play, but also for not giving the refs a good enough reason to throw a PI flag that would have probably caused a riot.

12919198.jpeg

Reaction Score
And thank you Junior, for not only knocking the ball away on the final play, but also for not giving the refs a good enough reason to throw a PI flag that would have probably caused a riot.
Still do not know how he got there to do that. Incredible play.

Reaction Score

12919198.jpeg

Two games in a row he has dropped back to the end zone to breakup passes! I don't know if this by design or he's doing it on his own but he's making plays that's for sure!

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score

I'm really happy for Tarbutt especially. He needed a "feel good" game, and I'm glad he got one. His two kicks were the difference between Tulsa kicking to tie / win and UConn winning the game...

Reaction Score

12919198.jpeg

Junior hyperextended his back during that play, it was reported, had to be helped off the field. Could see why it happened in that picture. Hope he has recovered.

Reaction Score
Junior hyperextended his back during that play, it was reported, had to be helped off the field. Could see why it happened in that picture. Hope he has recovered.
Damn damn damn damn damn!! A play that should not even have happened if the refs had been on their game.

Reaction Score
Damn damn damn damn damn!! A play that should not even have happened if the refs had been on their game.

He "hyperextended his back" earlier in game - not on that play.

Reaction Score
While we have a long way to go, I am thrilled both that the D is finding its stride in the new alignment and that the team is finding ways to win. Both Temple and Tulsa could have been L's, but the kids gritted out enough to get the W. In time, they will put these teams away earlier, but for where we are (and where we were 2 weeks ago), I am feeling positive about the team.

Reaction Score
The clock didn't start when the ball was placed at the nine yard line with a second left. It started after he took two steps. No way that was a legal play. The officials were officially lousy to say the least
Sure, but was that on 1) the lousy refs, 2) the Rent's not so homerish, seemingly not too capable guy operating the clock this season, OR 3) some combo of 1 + 2?

Reaction Score
The DB's are still playing with big cushions although they do seem a bit quicker to the ball. Summers in particular. Yes, he finally got an interference penalty at a very inopportune time but I look at that as a positive rather than a negative. He is being much more aggressive. Some of that is gonna happen.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Sure, but was that on 1) the lousy refs, 2) the Rent's not so homerish, seemingly not too capable guy operating the clock this season, OR 3) some combo of 1 + 2?

The half (or fully) drunk scoreboard operation is among our longest standing traditions.

Reaction Score
The DB's are still playing with big cushions although they do seem a bit quicker to the ball. Summers in particular. Yes, he finally got an interference penalty at a very inopportune time but I look at that as a positive rather than a negative. He is being much more aggressive. Some of that is gonna happen.
Fortunately, Tulsa is not a passing team. In addition to the big cushions, our defenders are chasing receivers with their backs to the ball. In the ECU game there were at least 4 long passes completed without our defender ever seeing the ball. I wonder if this an indication we lack speed?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom