Transfer Portal | Page 28 | The Boneyard

Transfer Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
They have got to change the transfer rules, otherwise College Basketball has truly become a game of 1 year free agents. Wahab is the poster child for a system that needs to be fixed.
Why? He left Georgetown because he didn't like the program. Now the coach he committed to got fired and they hired a new coach. Why should he have to stay to play for a coaching staff he didn't commit to?

A regular college student can transfer to a new school every single year if they want to. Why should an athlete not have that luxury if they want to do what is best for their future?

Reaction Score
This is what i am hearing.. all energy is on a true pg with an outside shot.. pass 1st and control. Looking everywhere... portal, Europe, Jr college
Not loving this news because in my mind we would have already had a target and been close to an agreement. Hopefully not too long of a wait

Reaction Score
Why? He left Georgetown because he didn't like the program. Now the coach he committed to got fired and they hired a new coach. Why should he have to stay to play for a coaching staff he didn't commit to?

A regular college student can transfer to a new school every single year if they want to. Why should an athlete not have that luxury if they want to do what is best for their future?
Because if you don't modify the transfer rules you're going to have guys leaving programs constantly if they're not happy with playing time. Having to sit out a year at least made them pause before making that decision.

Reaction Score
SHOOTING GUARD ALERT:

Kansas State's Nigel Pack. 6'0 180 guard from Indianapolis. Three years of eligibility remaining. Was #123rd

17.4p, 3.8r, 2.2a, 1.5 to, 1.3s.

Career shooting splits: 46.1 2p%, 42.3 3p% (about 60% shots from deep), 82.9 ft%. Make 3.3 threes/game last season.

From 247

An undersized point guard with quickness and top-notch ballhandling ability. Not a physical or explosive athlete. Is a great shooter with range. Is a 90 percent free-throw shooter. Knows how to run a team. Surprisingly good rebounder for his size. Also is a pesky defender who comes up with steals.

Yes. Please.

Reaction Score
Because if you don't modify the transfer rules you're going to have guys leaving programs constantly if they're not happy with playing time. Having to sit out a year at least made them pause before making that decision.
So you would rather have players be miserable than go play somewhere else and be happy? Nice way to build team morale...

Reaction Score
So you would rather have players be miserable than go play somewhere else and be happy? Nice way to build team morale...
Allowing players to transfer every season (without having to sit out) certainly isn't the answer. You have to realize that. My point is that college basketball as a whole would benefit from a little more stability.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The difference between a college athlete transferring and a college student transferring is massive, you can't just handwave it like that. Schools don't invest tremendous hours scouting, recruiting and training a non-college athlete. Was it silly that a coach can just quit and go somewhere and players had to sit out a year in the past? Obviously. Is it ridiculous now that players can just be unhappy with one year of playing time and transfer immediately, possibly multiple times? Absolutely. The reality is college athletes are not regular college students (especially with NIL now) and attempting to equate the two situations is silly

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Allowing players to transfer every season certainly isn't the answer. You have to realize that. My point is that college basketball as a whole would benefit from a little more stability.

They can't, at least not with immediate availability at their new school. Players only get 1 transfer without having to sit out a season.

Reaction Score
SHOOTING GUARD ALERT:

Kansas State's Nigel Pack. 6'0 180 guard from Indianapolis. Three years of eligibility remaining. Was #123rd

17.4p, 3.8r, 2.2a, 1.5 to, 1.3s.

Career shooting splits: 46.1 2p%, 42.3 3p% (about 60% shots from deep), 82.9 ft%. Make 3.3 threes/game last season.

From 247

An undersized point guard with quickness and top-notch ballhandling ability. Not a physical or explosive athlete. Is a great shooter with range. Is a 90 percent free-throw shooter. Knows how to run a team. Surprisingly good rebounder for his size. Also is a pesky defender who comes up with steals.

Yes. Please.
Girlfriend went to K State so I've watched him play more than most here. Ironically I said allll year he's exactly the type of guy that we need to get to the next level. Sign me up

Reaction Score
They can't, at least not with immediate availability at their new school. Players only get 1 transfer without having to sit out a season.
That makes more sense.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
The difference between a college athlete transferring and a college student transferring is massive, you can't just handwave it like that. Schools don't invest tremendous hours scouting, recruiting and training a non-college athlete. Was it silly that a coach can just quit and go somewhere and players had to sit out a year in the past? Obviously. Is it ridiculous now that players can just be unhappy with one year of playing time and transfer immediately, possibly multiple times? Absolutely. The reality is college athletes are not regular college students (especially with NIL now) and attempting to equate the two situations is silly

The coaches pay a buyout

The players sat a year

With NIL I guess there’s an either/or opportunity

Reaction Score
Is it ridiculous now that players can just be unhappy with one year of playing time and transfer immediately, possibly multiple times?
No, it's not ridiculous.

If you don't guarantee anything to the player (in the form of a contracted wage, etc,) then why should the player guarantee anything in return? Even scholarships are yearly renewals.

If schools are worried they are investing money into player development and could lose their investment, then they should incentivize players to return. Like with $ contracts. And remember, the schools are the NCAA. If they wanted to change this, they could.

Reaction Score
doubt he'd leave a starting gig where he averaged 10 and 5.5 in 30+ mpg for a bench role
I can understand that thought process, but you could also argue he just played for a 3 win team and might be looking to play for ncaa tournament quality program. If that were to be the case, I doubt he plays starters minutes for UConn, again he's not a threat outside of 17 feet which severely limits him and the team offensively.

He shot slightly more threes than Andre jackson and made 18% of them, not only does he not make them he doesn't have confidence in the shot. For a team that is looking for a pg with an outside he really doesn't fit that profile. Love how he grades in transition offensively which is why I would argue he fits as a nice backup to come and push the pace offensively.

Reaction Score
Pack played mostly the 2 this year, but he played point last year (or more of a combo role at least).

Either way, he's probably the top transfer of the year. It's a tall ask.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom