Top 50 Recruits | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Top 50 Recruits

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Of course it does. Drummond and Emeka erases any advantage Kentucky has at center.
PF give it to Davis. SF and SG are UConn's advantage (Butler, Lamb, Allen, Gordon, Gay, that's 5 guys), while PG is Kentucky's advantage. Still, Kemba holds his own.

You can't tell me that you would put money down on a Kentucky victory over the Uconn side. Would you bet money? Center is a wash, but each school is better at 2 other positions.
Center is not a wash.. Demarcus Cousins averages 23 and 12. He is a monster. Anthony Davis is next along with Andre. But Emeka doesn't balance that out. Then Terrence Jones and Patrick Patterson are doing much better than Adrien and Villanueva. Our wings have their wings beat but they are loaded at PG. Their overall collection of talent in the nba is greater than ours. They have 5 potential all stars (Wall, Bledsoe, Rondo, Cousins, Davis) in that group compared to our 3 (Kemba, Drummond, Gay). I'm talking about current and future all stars btw. A healthy Rondo will be an all star next year.

Reaction Score
HuskyWarrior611 said:
Center is not a wash.. Demarcus Cousins averages 23 and 12. He is a monster. Anthony Davis is next along with Andre. But Emeka doesn't balance that out. Then Terrence Jones and Patrick Patterson are doing much better than Adrien and Villanueva. Our wings have their wings beat but they are loaded at PG. Their overall collection of talent in the nba is greater than ours. They have 5 potential all stars (Wall, Bledsoe, Rondo, Cousins, Davis) in that group compared to our 3 (Kemba, Drummond, Gay). I'm talking about current and future all stars btw. A healthy Rondo will be an all star next year.

60-54

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
60-54
THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE NBA. I don't know why you guys don't understand this.

A program is judged on 3 things.
Great players in the program.
Wins(Titles)
NBA quality

We don't have to get a roster of 5*s like Kentucky but it'd be cool to have 1 or 2 top 10 players that could create hype to win NPOY and be a top 5 pick and be a star in the nba sprinkled in with the vets that we develop for 2 or 3 years like the Samuels, Brimahs, Faceys, Calhouns, etc, that could go on to be average to good nba players. While winning titles. I feel like we have the potential to do that as a program especially with Ollie.

Reaction Score
HuskyWarrior611 said:
THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE NBA. I don't know why you guys don't understand this. A program is judged on 3 things. Great players in the program. Wins(Titles) NBA quality We don't have to get a roster of 5*s like Kentucky but it'd be cool to have 1 or 2 top 10 players that could create hype to win NPOY and be a top 5 pick and be a star in the nba sprinkled in with the vets that we develop for 2 or 3 years like the Samuels, Brimahs, Faceys, Calhouns, etc, that could go on to be average to good nba players. While winning titles. I feel like we have the potential to do that as a program especially with Ollie.

60-54

Reaction Score
THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE NBA. I don't know why you guys don't understand this.

Wins(Titles)
NBA quality
So Louisville isn't a great program because they haven't produced an NBA all-star in 50 years?

Somebody should alert the ACC.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score

Wins(Titles)
NBA quality

We don't have to get a roster of 5*s like Kentucky but it'd be cool to have 1 or 2 top 10 players that could create hype to win NPOY and be a top 5 pick and be a star in the nba sprinkled in with the vets that we develop for 2 or 3 years like the Samuels, Brimahs, Faceys, Calhouns, etc, that could go on to be average to good nba players. While winning titles. I feel like we have the potential to do that as a program especially with Ollie.
In comparison to the other great programs absolutely. They are irrelevant in that fact. People remember Melo and Syracuse 1 ring but nobody would guess Louisville has 3. We all know Louisville's football team made them an easy fit in the ACC. They aren't even the best or most relevant program in the state.

Reaction Score
Crazy stuff here, no comparison in programs and NBA players. Ours get better by staying theirs is just a fly by on the way to what they want. Our kids are "our" kids and coached by a great staff, theirs can be coached by Marists coach and still be in the NBA doing exactly what they are doing now. These are hardly "Kentucky's" NBA players, they are their AAU's NBA players with, as I said, a fly over.

Stupid thread!

Reaction Score

Only 5 people see the court at the same time. I'll take Drummond AND Okafor over Cousins. But I had that as a push. Davis at PF I already had in favor of Kentucky. Jones? He's done nothing. Come'on! Regardless, it all seems even to me mainly because of UConn's wings. All those point guards, eight? How many are playing at the same time?

Reaction Score
ESPN has us as the 40th rated recruiting class, is that because the verbals don't count yet?

It's probably because Cassell is technically a junior college transfer and therefore not considered part of the class. Purvis obviously isn't either, so our true freshman recruiting class is only Hamilton and Lubin.

Reaction Score
UConn needs to stays away from the one and dones. Drummond's one year tour actually hurt the team and the program.
He never developed and totally turned off both Oriaki and Smith. Kentucky brings in five at a time so it works for theml
A healthy Amida is more important to the program than all of these one and doners Ollie is currently recruiting.
UConn football coach will be hitting on Lubin on a daily basis. This kid moves well enough but is no Karl Malone and is not a great finisher near the hoop and he's not a great jumper. Rich Mahorn type.
UConn has enough right now to compete for title if normal progression occurs.

Reaction Score
Who are the top rated recruits we are going after next season? I went on ESPN and looked over the lists that shows the kids ranked in the top 50 which are considering/have UCONN listed. These lists can be BS. Heck the top player has us listed. Anyhow are any such as top rated Rabb not considering us that you know or any add-ons that are considering us that are considered top 50 etc?

Ivan Rabb (1)
Diamond Stone (5)
Cheick Diallo (8)
Isaiah Briscoe (19)
Allonzo Trier (23)
Moustapha Diagne (29)
Chase Jeter (35)
Dwayne Bacon (40)
Jalen Adams (46)
Phil Nolan actually made some top one hundred list once UConn recruited him. By the time the four year eligibility of these guys listed above ends, you can be guaranteed these guys won't be in any Final Fours. Most will be planted on some NBA bench like Lamb.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Crazy stuff here, no comparison in programs and NBA players. Ours get better by staying theirs is just a fly by on the way to what they want. Our kids are "our" kids and coached by a great staff, theirs can be coached by Marists coach and still be in the NBA doing exactly what they are doing now. These are hardly "Kentucky's" NBA players, they are their AAU's NBA players with, as I said, a fly over.

Stupid thread!
Our best future player stayed for one year too though... Like I said talent is more important than anything when it comes to the nba.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Only 5 people see the court at the same time. I'll take Drummond AND Okafor over Cousins. But I had that as a push. Davis at PF I already had in favor of Kentucky. Jones? He's done nothing. Come'on! Regardless, it all seems even to me mainly because of UConn's wings. All those point guards, eight? How many are playing at the same time?
I'm not talking about a basketball game really. I'm talking about the collection of talent like I said before.

Reaction Score
Our best future player stayed for one year too though... Like I said talent is more important than anything when it comes to the nba.

He's not our best unless you're 12 years old………there's been better, many of them. He may well end up being better but he's not there yet. it's about "history" not just what has happened over the matter of KO's stint………..c'mon we're UConn and they're not. Let it go man!

Reaction Score
I'm not talking about a basketball game really. I'm talking about the collection of talent like I said before.

If you were talking about a "basketball game" then maybe we can point out the Huskies beat their collection of talent!!:cool:

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
He's not our best unless you're 12 years old………there's been better, many of them. He may well end up being better but he's not there yet. it's about "history" not just what has happened over the matter of KO's stint………..c'mon we're UConn and they're not. Let it go man!
That's where that keyword future comes in. Come on. I like reading posts here. But you guys have to take off the Husky shades and learn to read every part of a post too. You guys keep coming back to the college game and not understanding that I'm only talking about the nba. Putting great players in the nba because we like to see our kids continue to succeed and play at a high level so we can brag about how we not only win championship but run the nba too. I can't explain this any clearer.

Reaction Score
That's where that keyword future comes in. Come on. I like reading posts here. But you guys have to take off the Husky shades and learn to read every part of a post too. You guys keep coming back to the college game and not understanding that I'm only talking about the nba. Putting great players in the nba because we like to see our kids continue to succeed and play at a high level so we can brag about how we not only win championship but run the nba too. I can't explain this any clearer.

I think everyone understands that, even if some folks literally don't care at all about what happens in the NBA, they still get that NBA success helps UConn's image/brand.

What I believe most people took issue with was your seemingly envious comparison to Kentucky. You must see what makes Drummond different than their one and dones right?- Connecticut kid, grew up a fan of the Huskies, by all accounts a great young man (not saying Kentucky guys aren't), etc.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
HuskyWarrior611 said:

The lady doth protest too much.

No sane UConn fan I know would waste 50 posts arguing and arguing and arguing and arguing to defend Kentucky's greatness, one month after we stepped on their throats and brought home #4. Even throwing out the 8 titles stat (if only CCNY didn't win in 1950, Big Blue would have swept the second Truman administration). Makes me question whether you invented a fake UConn handle to come on here and spew Kentucky propaganda. Since the Civil Rights Act of 1963, we're tied with them 4-4. We don't have to look up at them or envy them, or anyone else - we are on top of the mountain.

Give me the best success story of Calipari developing a guy into an NBA player who wouldn't have gone straight to the pros if he could. Someone who really got better in his college career. Jorts? CDR? Do we have to go all the way back to Camby? Darius Miller maybe, but he's essentially on a Jerome Dyson level right now just trying to stick. Ollie hasn't been coaching long, but was on staff to help develop Kemba, Lamb, Bazz and DD - four guys who pretty much went from non-prospects to players who will or should have nice careers in the league. All of them became immensely better in their time at UConn, but they had to stay a while to develop, meaning we couldn't just bring in more one and dones behind them to add to our NBA litter. Heck, Julius Randle was an unstoppable monster in November and December, putting up 24-15 in his sleep. I watched him back then and thought he would absolutely skin us alive if we had to play them. But by the time we saw him, we reduced him to a face-up passer who took six shots in the biggest game of the year, a couple of which were spoon-fed layups. He got worse this season, but in 3 years he can be another great Kentucky NBA success story, as if those five months in Lexington really made him what he is.

As I said before, we developed Bazz for four years - they sent five one and done PGs to the league in Cal's first four years (until Harrison became the first to stay). Of course they are going to have a better NBA roster than just about everyone - they send more people to the league with their way of doing things. But they're just babysitting for a year. A fictional Kentucky NBA team would probably beat our fictional team in a best of seven, even though their starting five would have a combined five years at Kentucky (Wall-Bledsoe-MKG-Davis-Cousins). But our real team is hanging a real banner. You don't have to imagine that game in your head. That happened.

60-54

Reaction Score
UConn needs to stays away from the one and dones. Drummond's one year tour actually hurt the team and the program.
He never developed and totally turned off both Oriaki and Smith. Kentucky brings in five at a time so it works for theml
A healthy Amida is more important to the program than all of these one and doners Ollie is currently recruiting.
UConn football coach will be hitting on Lubin on a daily basis. This kid moves well enough but is no Karl Malone and is not a great finisher near the hoop and he's not a great jumper. Rich Mahorn type.

That seasons problems had very little to do with Drummond. If anything going to UCONN hurt him. He could have went to Wilbraham and Munson for 1 year and been the 1st or 2nd pick. Instead he came to his dream school and was on a disfunctional team with zero leadership and a coach that spent most of the season in the hospital. Yet despite it all he holds no grudge and continues to be an ambassador for the university. I don't think having him hurt us at all.

Reaction Score

Then change your name to NBAWarrior of ukwarrior and stop coming on here and talking about how much better it is to run an AAU program in the NCAA.

Also, you do realize that you keep saying kentucky but it's not a uk thing to be like this. It's calipari. And mark my words he will eventually abandon that program or run away for violations like he has everywhere else he's every coached. Because like his players; hemail only cares about himself and uk is just a means to personal glory

Reaction Score

Strange post, completely disagree on Drummond. Drummond hurt the program? We won the national championship two years after he went pro. Lot of damage he did...

His future success in the NBA and passion for UConn is nothing but a positive for the UConn program. I was sad to see Roscoe and Oriakhi leave at the time, but we still won another championship without them...losing them didn't exactly hurt us.

Reaction Score

Is that because you know you can't win that argument because we win every time we play them in a basketball game.

Your problem is you want the world. You want what uk has in the NBA and the championships at the college level. calipari has ONE national title in 25+ years of coaching. Took Ollie 2 with family.

The fact is that that's not possible. If it was kentucky would have beaten us. We are proof that our system works better at a collegiate level.

Reaction Score
Strange post, completely disagree on Drummond. Drummond hurt the program? We won the national championship two years after he went pro. Lot of damage he did...

His future success in the NBA and passion for UConn is nothing but a positive for the UConn program. I was sad to see Roscoe and Oriakhi leave at the time, but we still won another championship without them...losing them didn't exactly hurt us.

Oriakhi had very little choice entering his SR year with our sanctions. I still feel bad for him and am forever grateful for his part in one of our rings.

Reaction Score

I have a sneaking suspicion that he is at the oldest 15. The way he'said in love with kentucky he seems like he watches alot of espn. I'm gonna bet he doesn't realize that 7 of 8 uk championships came before they were a one and done factory. 96 and 98 only one freshman on either team ever saw significant playing time. Ron Mercer in 96.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Razzle

Top Bottom