Top 50 Recruits | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Top 50 Recruits

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Ro
The thing is that once again, your list of uk players includes a grand total of zero rings. And oddly enough the single UCONN player you mentioned has one. Funny.

The way I see it if you want to see NBA success then be an NBA fan. John Wall and Demarcus Cousins and so on are indeed top NBA players on the rise, no argument here. But none of them care that they went to kentucky, it was just a stepping stone to them. I watched guys like Kemba and Shabazz pour their heart and soul into this team.

I'll take the championships, kentucky can have the nba all star game
Rondo, Anthony Davis, MKG, and Tayshaun all have rings...

I want NBA success because that's another factor in being a great program. I want our program to be the best ever eventually in all facets and with Kevin Ollie I believe we can do that. But you can't have great NBA HOF players without the talent .

Reaction Score
Drummond on the other, size and athleticism that hasn't been seen since Shaq. You don't have to do anything but throw the ball in their general area and let them do the rest. Shaq scored wayyyyy more points but he also played in a much different era, one where you actually got the big man the ball. And he had Penny to get it to him. Physical presence, Drummond isn't just tall, his wide and he's strong. You don't see real big men like him anymore. He will be the best big of his era. Only time can convince otherwise.

Did you really just compare Drummond to Shaq? Isn't the the sane comp to Dwight Howard? Also, I didn't read the whole thread but I saw enough of the "Kentucky one and done's are meaningless to UKs rep" since they didn't improve/weren't there long enough. So we can't be claiming Drummond then, right?

Reaction Score
Bledsoe avg above 20 ppg and avg more assists in his first year starting.

Bledsoe actually averaged less assists and the exact same amount of points and he played in a way more up tempo offense. Google is your friend.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Nobody is this guy's friend.

Anyway, he's right about Kentucky's superior talent. That's why they keep beating us in the Final 4.
So by that logic the 2010 Butler team had more talent than the 2010 UK team.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Bledsoe actually averaged less assists and the exact same amount of points and he played in a way more up tempo offense. Google is your friend.
That's my fault. Doesn't erase the fact that we're comparing our best PG to their 3rd best in the league... (Rondo, Wall)

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Yes we have owned UK in college basketball head to head but for what I'm making my case for (The NBA) they're future looks a lot better right now with 3 all star PGs and 2 All star big men in the making.

Reaction Score
Guess I'm a little impatient but Duke, Kentucky, and North Carolina have top 10 recruits coming next year and we were the ones to win the national championship. They seem to get them every year but shouldn't we get at least one this year? It's like we're Rodney Dangerfield or something, still a tough sell to these kids.

Reaction Score
jibsey said:
Guess I'm a little impatient but Duke, Kentucky, and North Carolina have top 10 recruits coming next year and we were the ones to win the national championship. They seem to get them every year but shouldn't we get at least one this year? It's like we're Rodney Dangerfield or something, still a tough sell to these kids.

Olllie would need a time machine to recruit this year's class with a national championship.

Reaction Score
Ro

Rondo, Anthony Davis, MKG, and Tayshaun all have rings...

I want NBA success because that's another factor in being a great program. I want our program to be the best ever eventually in all facets and with Kevin Ollie I believe we can do that. But you can't have great NBA HOF players without the talent .

Rondo does not have a ring. Not an NC ring, I'm not talking NBA success, like I said kentucky can have the NBA if we keep winning NC. And the other 3 you didn't list in your post. You listed Wall, Cousins, Bledsoe and Rondo. Grand total of ZERO national championships.

Nnocu

Poplar Poster
Reaction Score
Understatement of the century. I'll take UConn's NBA starting five against Kentucky's NBA starting five.

UConn
PG- Kemba Walker (Shabazz)
SG- Ray Allen
SF- Caron Butler
PF- Rudy Gay
C- Andre Drummond

Kentucky
PG- John Wall (Rondo)
SG- Michael Kidd-Gilchrist
SF- Tayshaun Prince
PF- DeMarcus Cousins
C- Anthony Davis
If you're gonna include Shabazz on that list you should include Randle/Young.... Either way, I honestly wouldn't like UConn's chances at this point in time.

Reaction Score
Bledsoe avg above 20 ppg and avg more assists in his first year starting.

First off, Bledsoe averages 17.7 ppg not 20. Kemba Walker also averages 17.7 on the dot. And Kemba averaged 6.1 apg to Bledsoe's 5.5. Check your stats before you post

Reaction Score
If you're gonna include Shabazz on that list you should include Randle/Young.... Either way, I honestly wouldn't like UConn's chances at this point in time.

You probably didn't like UCONN's chances against uk the last few times we've played them either did you?

This proves the point that NBA talent does not equal collegiate success. I love our system and stick to my original point that I would hate it if our program resembled john calapri's glorified AAU teams.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
If you guys really need me to break down the nba talent...
Kentucky
PG- Rondo, Wall, Bledsoe, Knight, Teague
SG- Meeks, Lamb,
SF- MKG, Prince
PF- Jones, Patterson
C- Davis, Cousins

UConn
PG- Kemba, Price
SG- Lamb, Gordon
SF- Butler, Gay
PF- Adrien, Villanueva
C- Drummond, Armstrong, Thabeet

Now which one would you really take?

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
First off, Bledsoe averages 17.7 ppg not 20. Kemba Walker also averages 17.7 on the dot. And Kemba averaged 6.1 apg to Bledsoe's 5.5. Check your stats before you post
Either way like I said we're comparing our best pg to their 3rd best. It's clear whose the winner there.

Reaction Score
Kentucky is going to beat anyone's NBA roster for the foreseeable based on volume. In the same time it took Bazz to develop, Kentucky sent five one and done point guards to the NBA (Wall, Bledsoe, Knight, Teague, Goodwin - since Wall and Bledsoe were teammates). It's really a "who cares" metric - their NBA success isn't based on anything significant they did at Kentucky. I like being able to claim Drummond as a UConn guy, but I'm not going to pretend the next great big man to come along should come to UConn based on how we developed him (Okafor in the mid 00's, definitely).

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Rondo does not have a ring. Not an NC ring, I'm not talking NBA success, like I said kentucky can have the NBA if we keep winning NC. And the other 3 you didn't list in your post. You listed Wall, Cousins, Bledsoe and Rondo. Grand total of ZERO national championships.
If we're talking about that then they have 8 to our 4... I'm as big of a UConn fan as anybody and argue with my UNC and Duke friends to the death about our program but I am also a realist.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
We used to be NBA U. The best program to produce nba talent. I want to get back to that.

Reaction Score
If you guys really need me to break down the nba talent...
Kentucky
PG- Rondo, Wall, Bledsoe, Knight, Teague
SG- Meeks, Lamb,
SF- MKG, Prince
PF- Jones, Patterson
C- Davis, Cousins

UConn
PG- Kemba, Price
SG- Lamb, Gordon
SF- Butler, Gay
PF- Adrien, Villanueva
C- Drummond, Armstrong, Thabeet

Now which one would you really take?

How could you forget Ray Allen? Emeka Okafor? Really now?

Reaction Score
Did you really just compare Drummond to Shaq? Isn't the the sane comp to Dwight Howard? Also, I didn't read the whole thread but I saw enough of the "Kentucky one and done's are meaningless to UKs rep" since they didn't improve/weren't there long enough. So we can't be claiming Drummond then, right?

Yes, I did compare him to Shaq. No Howard is slightly shorter than both when they came into the league and 40 pounds lighter than Drummond, 60 than Shaq. That said, I realize I'm not in the majority in this opinion but I'm sold.

And yes you could say that about him as a one and done. But I think his continued connection with the university despite leaving and the fact that he's been a UCONN fan his whole life makes me think it was more than a stepping stone for him. He also didn't have the easiest year with all of the issues that team had. There is also the argument that many believe had we not been banned from tournament play in what would have been his sophomore year he would have returned to school.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
So
How could you forget Ray Allen? Emeka Okafor? Really now?
Sorry. Emeka was out all year. Don't know how I forgot about Ray. It doesn't change anything though.

Reaction Score
Either way like I said we're comparing our best pg to their 3rd best. It's clear whose the winner there.

Yes but their 3rd best didn't win in college..neither did their second.....or even their best. Ours did.

Reaction Score
We used to be NBA U. The best program to produce nba talent. I want to get back to that.

We produced the most NBA talent at a time when you weren't guaranteed a spot in the NBA before you set foot on a college floor. It's a new age and having a one and done factory is certainly a viable strategy. I'm just glad it's not ours.

Reaction Score
If we're talking about that then they have 8 to our 4... I'm as big of a UConn fan as anybody and argue with my UNC and Duke friends to the death about our program but I am also a realist.

4 of their 8 came when Adolph Rupp wouldn't let black people play. And another was in 1978.

Reaction Score
So

Sorry. Emeka was out all year. Don't know how I forgot about Ray. It doesn't change anything though.

Of course it does. Drummond and Emeka erases any advantage Kentucky has at center.
PF give it to Davis. SF and SG are UConn's advantage (Butler, Lamb, Allen, Gordon, Gay, that's 5 guys), while PG is Kentucky's advantage. Still, Kemba holds his own.

You can't tell me that you would put money down on a Kentucky victory over the Uconn side. Would you bet money? Center is a wash, but each school is better at 2 other positions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Razzle

Top Bottom