Too Early: Project the Top 8 seeds | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Too Early: Project the Top 8 seeds

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Texas A&M will have a great opportunity to strengthen its standing with home games coming up against Tennessee (already postponed once) and South Carolina. Win both, and they are guaranteed a Top 8 national seed, IMO, assuming they don't stub their toe in any other regular season games. Even if they don't win the SEC tournament, they will have a pretty impressive resume'.

Baylor has good wins against West Virginia and South Florida. While they do host West Virginia (NET #17) soon, that's the only other Top 25 opponent remaining for them. And, beating them once more in the regular season, and possibly a third time in the Big 12 tournament could end up knocking WVU out of the NET Top 25 rankings. Other games are against non-Top 25 NET teams like Texas (twice) and Oklahoma State (once).

So, Baylor and A&M have very different types of schedules coming up.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Again, I think it’s hard to hold the Pac-12’s schedule against them. Unlike UConn, NC State or literally any team on the East Coast, the Pac-12 either had to fly across the country or have a team fly across the country in order to make a game work. Given the intangibles and unknowns provided by COvID, I think it’s unrealistic to expect that the PAC could have scheduled quality OOC matches the same way the powers on the East can. It’s silly to hold scheduling that was out of their control this year against them.

It’s hard to judge based on what we have to go off, and I think the committee has a harder job than normal this year figuring out what exactly is going on. We’ll get some insight to their thinking on Monday—TAMU will be a team to watch to see how heavily the committee is weighting NET this early.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Again, I think it’s hard to hold the Pac-12’s schedule against them. Unlike UConn, NC State or literally any team on the East Coast, the Pac-12 either had to fly across the country or have a team fly across the country in order to make a game work. Given the intangibles and unknowns provided by COvID, I think it’s unrealistic to expect that the PAC could have scheduled quality OOC matches the same way the powers on the East can. It’s silly to hold scheduling that was out of their control this year against them.

It’s hard to judge based on what we have to go off, and I think the committee has a harder job than normal this year figuring out what exactly is going on. We’ll get some insight to their thinking on Monday—TAMU will be a team to watch to see how heavily the committee is weighting NET this early.
Well, yes and no.

The PAC 12 conference has been very inconsistent across the different sports as it pertains to non-conference scheduling. In men's hoops, here were some of their marquee non-conference games from November and December:

Arizona State vs Villanova (in Uncasville, CT)

Colorado vs Kansas State (in Manhattan, KS)

Washington vs Baylor (in Las Vegas, NV)

Stanford vs Alabama (in Asheville, NC)

Stanford vs North Carolina (in Asheville, NC)

USC vs BYU (in Uncasville, CT)

Oregon vs Mizzou (in Omaha, NE)

Colorado vs Tennesse (in Knoxville, TN)

So, why couldn't PAC 12 women's hoops do the same? Stanford and Arizona had non-conference games scheduled with Texas this season, but both were wiped off the slate due to the PAC 12 "policies".

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
From what I have seen so far. Tennessee is a 3 or 4 seed.

Reaction Score
Well, yes and no.

The PAC 12 conference has been very inconsistent across the different sports as it pertains to non-conference scheduling. In men's hoops, here were some of their marquee non-conference games from November and December:

Arizona State vs Villanova (in Uncasville, CT)

Colorado vs Kansas State (in Manhattan, KS)

Washington vs Baylor (in Las Vegas, NV)

Stanford vs Alabama (in Asheville, NC)

Stanford vs North Carolina (in Asheville, NC)

USC vs BYU (in Uncasville, CT)

Oregon vs Mizzou (in Omaha, NE)

Colorado vs Tennesse (in Knoxville, TN)

So, why couldn't PAC 12 women's hoops do the same? Stanford and Arizona had non-conference games scheduled with Texas this season, but both were wiped off the slate due to the PAC 12 "policies".
1615768547501.png

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom