Time to Come Home Tyler? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Time to Come Home Tyler?

Reaction Score
The key to choosing a QB from the portal and spending the big bucks to land him is whether he fits the system of the OC. That means making sure you have the right OC in place. I’m not letting Charlton pick the next QB.

Purple Stein

I like to sim things.
Reaction Score
He may be done with football. He was on the roster but didn't play and doesn't have a number assigned. Have to imagine that he would have been their best QB if he was healthy to play. And they are D2 so he didn't have to sit out or anything.
I saw that and wondered if he was going to enter the portal again this year or if he’s just done.

Regardless, he did not play at Post this fall.

Reaction Score
The key to choosing a QB from the portal and spending the big bucks to land him is whether he fits the system of the OC. That means making sure you have the right OC in place. I’m not letting Charlton pick the next QB.
Why not? He picked Fagnano

Reaction Score
I think their valuations are often wildly wrong.
We better pray that they are astronomically wrong. They have two of our players with NIL estimates. It is not good for us if they are anywhere accurate on those two.

Reaction Score
The Washington St. QB, Cameron Ward, supposedly has 10 offers for $1 million.

Reaction Score
The Washington St. QB, Cameron Ward, supposedly has 10 offers for $1 million.
I think that’s a fair price. QB is the position that is going to get the most NIL money as it should be.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
We better pray that they are astronomically wrong. They have two of our players with NIL estimates. It is not good for us if they are anywhere accurate on those two.
I just saw that. 321k for Joly and 304k for Senn?? Wow. Two players and over 600k.....I know these are random estimates but still....

Reaction Score
Players deserve to be paid but the folks making money off their labor should be doing the paying.
And if we (the fans) are the ones being forced to pay for these players, shouldn’t we get a say in who we get? The collectives should set up a voting system - the more you give, the more voting power you get. I’m kidding of course but that is how ridiculous this whole thing has become.

Reaction Score
I said this years ago and I’ll say it again. The Boneyard NIL Collective. We all drop some cash and we control who gets it. This group is obviously the most qualified of all UConn football fans! lol

Reaction Score
And if we (the fans) are the ones being forced to pay for these players, shouldn’t we get a say in who we get? The collectives should set up a voting system - the more you give, the more voting power you get. I’m kidding of course but that is how ridiculous this whole thing has become.
Who does decide who gets paid and how much? Does the collective have a Board that votes on compensation for each player? The more I think about this the more I think the quality of football at the G5 level will suffer greatly as the P4 teams stockpile depth with ridiculous NIL payments to 2nd and 3rd string players. Playing time and a chance at a pro career will mean less to many players than a sure $xxx,xxx in the bank right now.

Reaction Score
Who does decide who gets paid and how much? Does the collective have a Board that votes on compensation for each player? The more I think about this the more I think the quality of football at the G5 level will suffer greatly as the P4 teams stockpile depth with ridiculous NIL payments to 2nd and 3rd string players. Playing time and a chance at a pro career will mean less to many players than a sure $xxx,xxx in the bank right now.
That's the point I made last year............schools like UConn will be the equivalent of a minor league team, developing players who will move on when lured by more money or promises the new school's prestige will help them get drafted.

But, with sportsdefinitions.com stating "only 1.6 percent of college football players are drafted into the league", and way too many getting worthless degrees, maybe we can't blame them for grabbing whatever payday they can get in college.

Reaction Score
oh its all silly in the end

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I don't know if it's that silly. We all know how big donors demand a say then take their ball and go home when they don't get it.

Reaction Score
And here’s a sobering thought. Remember when a sports star‘s salary was considered record setting—only to see it exceeded by some other player the next year. These NIL amounts are only going to grow—especially in a competitive marketplace for talent. Forget $1.5 Million, UConn will need $50 Million in NIL in a relatively short number of years. With all due respect to the collectives, we need a blue whale with a passion for UConn football and a bottomless bag.

Reaction Score
To what end? What a waste of money.
And that’s a fair post too. What is the best result for UCONN going forward. They aren’t getting into a Power conference (and no the ACC will not be a power conference after they are raided and offer UCONN a spot). They don’t play in any conference. There is zero direction.

Small amounts make sense because this program can become a G-5 level strong team. But that appears to be the ceiling. Can’t see a big donor willing to drop 3-5 million annually with the upside being a berth in the Circuit City Bowl v. New Mexico.

Reaction Score
Drew Pyne (another CT QB) last year should've came here...instead he transferred to sit on bench at lousy ASU.

Reaction Score
And that’s a fair post too. What is the best result for UCONN going forward. They aren’t getting into a Power conference (and no the ACC will not be a power conference after they are raided and offer UCONN a spot). They don’t play in any conference. There is zero direction.

Small amounts make sense because this program can become a G-5 level strong team. But that appears to be the ceiling. Can’t see a big donor willing to drop 3-5 million annually with the upside being a berth in the Circuit City Bowl v. New Mexico.private E

Private Equity could fund it. They get a cut of bowl revenue, or get to represent the athlete in marketing opportunities.

Something nuts like that.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom