Time to Come Home Tyler? | The Boneyard

Time to Come Home Tyler?

Reaction Score
IMG_6335.jpeg

Reaction Score
It will take about $1M to land Van Dyke. ND may take a shot at him but he’s probably ending up on the West Coast—unless we get busy with fundraising.

Reaction Score
It will take about $1M to land Van Dyke. ND may take a shot at him but he’s probably ending up on the West Coast—unless we get busy with fundraising.
You think so? He has been pretty inconsistent - that’s not to say he won’t be in high demand from lower P-5 and all G-5 schools. Hope UCONN recruits him hard and offers good money (I was thinking more like $500,000?)

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
19-12 TD/INT and 2700 yards passing in the ACC is considered great? I’d take him in a heartbeat, but I’m surprised it would take some massive NIL deal to land a kid of this caliber?

Reaction Score
You think so? He has been pretty inconsistent - that’s not to say he won’t be in high demand from lower P-5 and all G-5 schools. Hope UCONN recruits him hard and offers good money (I was thinking more like $500,000?)

No way he’s worth 500k.

Reaction Score
QB would absolutely be the position this type of money should be spent on, especially for a team like UCONN.

Just my opinion, but if Mora says they need $1.5m for NIL, I just don’t see how offering 1/3 of that budget to a single player is good business. Would he upgrade the QB position? Of course, but there are plenty of other gaps to fill in, not to mention, making sure current players get their cut as well.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I hate this so much. Players deserve to be paid but the folks making money off their labor should be doing the paying. One thread we're taking a bow for raising 500K. The next thread I find out that buys us half of a stiff.

Reaction Score
I hate this so much. Players deserve to be paid but the folks making money off their labor should be doing the paying. One thread we're taking a bow for raising 500K. The next thread I find out that buys us half of a stiff.

So true.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
The way Damelio is treating Roberson, it seems like they’re invested in him.
This might not be an appropriate analogy, but last week the Steelers fired OC Matt Canada, widely blamed for running an elementary, boring and inefficient offense. Kenny Pickett, whom I think is a smart QB with some limitations, was among the lowest-ranked QBs in the NFL this year. The Steelers hadn't gained 400+ yards on offense in two seasons.

With a new OC and playcaller, Pickett threw for close to 300 yards for the first time in forever, the Steelers had 418 yards of offense, thanks to a more open offense and utilizing TEs and the middle.

And it's that thought that Roberson might be better than he's shown. That drive in 4th vs NH where he hit three consecutive mid-range passes and just missed a long TD pass to Ross was the type of thing we should've seen back in game 5. Given the options, I'd invest in Roberson too.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Saw an initial list of QB portal entries, the most interesting was the Indiana QB. We might be abe to get a low level P5 starter if the mutual agendas add up. I still think we have a line, receivers' group (assuming they all stay) and a running game to attract a decent thrower.

I think it'd be easier to pump of the offense with one or two guys than fix the speed problem on defense.

Reaction Score
Yep. Have to admit. But the allure of Waterbury must be too much.
He may be done with football. He was on the roster but didn't play and doesn't have a number assigned. Have to imagine that he would have been their best QB if he was healthy to play. And they are D2 so he didn't have to sit out or anything.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom