Their fat kid was pretty good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
images
600x431
Yikes

Reaction Score
I was at the game and I can tell you that real life adds 30 pounds to him. Once UCF gets him on a diet and in the gym, he will be a beast with some touch. I also enjoyed the student chant "Feed McBride" every time he set up down low. Nice word play.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
His game is completely dependent on friendly officiating. Any competent ref would have rang up 3 fouls on him in the first 4 minutes he was on the court.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Second coming of Oliver Miller.

Reaction Score
If he does lose that 40-50 pounds--he will be a dominate player in college. He had game--he had real nice feel. Not a shot blocker but a scorer rebounder.

Reaction Score
The kid had pretty good feet for a 6'10" 315 (probably 370) guy……..not a bad player at all. If his knee is healed and he can go work out rigorously and lose 50-60 he could be a problem. Hate those wide (in this case just huge) bodies you can't get around and can't budge………had a decent post game too and for this game knew where the basket was.

He fouled out in 10 minutes but I think the refs fell in love with the "story" also for this game. Part of the reason they cut it down is the stripes let him play. Thought when Jones brought him in, which at that time was during a very physical point, they were just going to hammer us around but instead he had some game.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Why would he be dominant if he lost 50 pounds? His game is entirely dependent on using his 310 (or 330) to move people out of the way.

Reaction Score
Why would he be dominant if he lost 50 pounds? His game is entirely dependent on using his 310 (or 330) to move people out of the way.

Not sure about dominant but he would be better right away……..at 300 he would be better simply by movement and quickness which would be natural with the loss. He showed signs at 350-370 and he's still be real wide and immovable so naturally he becomes more effective, while staying on the court longer.

Reaction Score
Big Boy McCoy!
He was pretty nimble for a few mins - for such a big guy.
Because we had such a large lead, I even rooted for him on a couple plays.

Reaction Score
art4life said:
Big Boy McCoy!
He was pretty nimble for a few mins - for such a big guy.
Because we had such a large lead, I even rooted for him on a couple plays.

I did the same thing, I almost started rooting for him and the UCF underdogs to pull off the upset and break their losing streak. Then I remembered they were playing UConn! He does seem like a likeable kid though, as does their star player (forge this name) and UCF in general. Hard not to like a team that continues to play hard even when outmatched and down by double digits.

Reaction Score
I thought the kid played extremely well. I do think, however, that he was more like 350-360 pounds rather than the 310 they list him at.

Reaction Score
His game is completely dependent on friendly officiating. Any competent ref would have rang up 3 fouls on him in the first 4 minutes he was on the court.

I also was at the game and I completely agree with this--it seems as if the refs got caught up in the fans "love affair" with the kid--not trying to take anything away from the kid--he made the game exciting there for a spell

Reaction Score
He reminded the world how thin our frontcourt is.
Thin as in skinny compared to him--and I was sitting pretty close to him and if they said he weighed 310-315--that must have been an old media guide--his backside alone must have weighed 100--huge shoulders--I give the kid credit--first action after an ACL injury?? Pretty impressive

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Everything he did was a foul. But watching brima get mauled that one play was pretty funny I must admit

Reaction Score
Yeah. This comes up a lot.
50 pounds of fat aren't helping him keep position at all. Put 50 pounds of chicken on a cart and see if it's hard to push. It's not. What the 50 pounds do is slow him down and kill his cardio. Strap a 50 pound weight to your back and run and jump. It'd about kill you.

So . . . . . . if the kid loses the 50 pounds, he will still have the tree trunk leg muscles and cannonball shoulders that make him so tough to move. It's the muscles, not the fat.

Reaction Score
When he entered the game, UCF was down 18, when he exited the game, they were down 20. While he was in, he provided spark and gave the announces something to talk about. Ultimately, he played pretty well but wasn't the difference maker he was made out to be.

Oh, and trust me, I know exactly what 315 looks like...and that's no 315!

Reaction Score
We had Pot Roast in the Super Bowl, now we have Justin "The Buffet" McBride. I enjoyed watching the kid play and loved his enthusiasm. I'm sure part of his weight problem can be attributed to tearing his ACL.

BTW, I remember a fat kid that played for use a while back - lead us to our first NC and remains my favorite UConn player of all time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom