Their fat kid was pretty good. | The Boneyard

Their fat kid was pretty good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
For a freshman who missed 20 games rehabbing from ACL surgery, he looked great. To score 13 against a ranked team in less than one half of play was amazing. I enjoyed watching him play. He was one of the few bright spots on a pretty bad team.

Reaction Score
Got some nice moves and touch for a big fella
Kid can't stay on the court in a real game. The game was out of hand and the refs were kind. He has some moves, sure, but most of them involve fouling whoever is guarding him, or setting up an illegal screen to get open.

I'm rooting for him, but until he gets into shape, he won't be able to stay in any game that's actually in doubt.

Last edited:

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Kid can't stay on the court in a real game. The game was out of hand and the refs were kind. He has some moves, sure, but most of them involve fouling whoever is gaurding him, or setting up an illegal screen to get open.

I'm rooting for him, but until he gets into shape, he won't be able to stay in any game that's actually in doubt.
We killed them with floaters in the lane once the team adjusted to him, and other teams will too. He can't defend beyond three feet from the basket and can't jump. Reminded me of 'Escalade' (R.I.P) from the And One street ball team but Escalade had more game.

Reaction Score
We killed them with floaters in the lane once the team adjusted to him, and other teams will too. He can't defend beyond three feet from the basket and can't jump. Reminded me of 'Escalade' (R.I.P) from the And One street ball team but Escalade had more game.
Exactly right. Napier, Boatright, and even Daniels just caught or drove the ball into the middle of the zone, and didn't worry about getting blocked at all.

He also had 3 fouls called on him in 13 minutes. That's over 9 fouls over 40 minutes. And that's with the refs letting him do whatever.

Reaction Score
He played as he should have played. He exploited his advantage against our thin Frontcourt. Not bad for his first real game time of the season, after an ACL injury. This shows our need for some beef on our frontline.

Reaction Score
He was a good player and good for him for coming back from an acl injury. He played hard and you can tell he was struggling with stamina but continued to do what he could. Good for him. Once he gets in a little better shape over the next few years he could become a solid player in our conference.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
How did this guy escape the UCF football coaches?

Reaction Score
There's a reason kids built like an offensive tackle don't play hoops regularly - they'll take up a lot of real estate in the paint, but have a short shelf life once they have to continuously get up & down the court. Give him credit for playing hard and making life difficult for UConn at times though.

Reaction Score
My favorite is when he "blocked" Giffey and Neils just crumbled at his feet. The guy didn't even look like he exerted any energy just stuck is arm out

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
I liked the kid. Type of athlete that reminds you of a teammate we all had (any sport).

cleveland_brown_jr.jpg

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
He definitely looks like could fit in with the other characters on the WWE.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
When I was in college I played in an intramural hoops league and made it to the semifinals where we had to play a team of football players. I was 6' 1" and 160 lbs. and the center for their team was 6' 2", 275 lbs of muscle. I can relate to what I saw tonight. My teammates kept yelling at me to rebound when all the guy had to do was back me out of the paint. Let's just say, it didn't go well.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I'll say this about the kid - he had fat on him, but he was hardly superfat. Guy's shoulders were massive. If he were to lose 40 pounds and work on getting his vertical somewhere between Olander and Gavin, he'd be an incredible rebounder. Had a very nice touch, good feel for the game, and some basic skills. I can't understand how the coaches allow him to carry the extra fiddy. Fiddy on the ribbies.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
If basketball doesn't work out, I'm sure the UConn offensive line could use a hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom