The View From Section 241 — Boston College | Page 2 | The Boneyard

The View From Section 241 — Boston College

Reaction Score
I heard the same thing from a lineman after the game. The initial false start was more a result of nerves and a D line shift right before the snap, but later, BC started employing a more subtle but effective way to confuse us. For example, if we used the word “blue” as a snap cue, BC began shouting “move“, ostensibly part of their defensive shift commands but a (purposeful?) sound alike word in their call. Later in the game we changed to a clap cue. It also appears that (ahem) some players were more prone to react to their antics than others! I certainly expect far fewer than 8 false starts in any game moving forward—lol.
They're Jesuits.
The end justifies the means, so they do what they do.............:rolleyes:

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Zion Turneer with a career high in passing yards on Saturday.

11-19 for 173, 1 TD, 0 INT.

For the season he's completing 60.7% of his passes. Last three games when the play book seemed to open up some more (FIU, Ball St and BCU) he is 43-60. Even against the Big 3 defenses of SU, UM and NCSU he was 28-45. Yes, I realize many of those were basic WR screens at the line of scrimmage but he made the completion.

He's a 2:1 TD:INT ratio right now at 8 TD and 4 INT.

By no means do I think he is guaranteed anything beyond this season but it's always been my hope Zion would be ready and able to start opening game of 2023. Roberson is going to have to rehab and really show he is demonstrably better to get the starting position back.
Three of the interceptions were in the first two games he played in his college career

401BA777-AF5A-4967-BC27-0905A5A16849.jpeg

Reaction Score
For what it's worth I was sitting right behind the UConn bench and Marion was walking / moving with no noticeable impairment and would hop on the bike every so often to keep warm. He did appear to separate himself from the team at one point at the far end of the sideline with a towel over his head, most likely just frustrated with his luck at this point.... Based on what I saw he looks like he'd be a full go for Friday.

Reaction Score
Someone mentioned in another thread something about BCU linemen mimicking the snap count and cadence.
Something was up for sure, obviously staff had to be harping on silly penalties at Ball St in practice for two weeks. (MAC officials)
ACC officials? Not sure but I did observe a really bad day from our center as multiple snaps were at the qb's ankles and one taking us out of the red zone over his head. Something defensive had him out of his usually accurate delivery.

There were a few plays where my eyes were following the wrong player because I missed who actually had the ball.
Had the same problem, glad to not be alone. Also glad to see these guys perfecting their skills at such a early point in their careers.
This coaching staff is light years ahead of what we have endured the last three regimes.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I pulled in at 10:15 and was utterly shocked. I was parked all the way at the back of the main (against the stadium) blue lot. As someone who almost alway tailgates, it has been years since I’ve been parked so far away from the stadium. And people, many of whom clearly don’t come all the time, were enthusiastically tailgating. And there were younger people than I’ve seen in years. Getting into the stadium, it was a little more full than Syracuse, but against Syracuse at least a third of the fans were wearing Orange. I would guess roughly 23k actual fans in the building (although the concourse behind the scoreboard was so constantly packed with people using the food trucks that it is not easy to tell. There were certainly BC fans there yesterday, but not nearly in that number. The weather held up nicely, more than warm enough for late October. The day was all set up for success.

We choose to park in the back of the Blue Lot by the wood rail each game. For starters, it makes it easy for late arrivals to know exactly where we are and have a good chance to park close. Secondly we've been able to throw the football or baseball around or play other tailgate games before the lot fills up as game time approaches. By that point however, we are onto eating our meal and have no need for the extra room. This week however the lot filled up more quickly and there were vehicles driving through the opposite direction. A few had some pace as well. It's as if people forgot how to tailgate. Perhaps they were new

On the other hand, the parking attendants have become far more amenable. No more crotchety old septuagenarians messing with people's fun for no other reason than the "authority" that comes with the white windbreaker.

Anyhoo, the back of the lot is where it's at.

Reaction Score
My group are back of the lot along the wood rail people too. Nearest light pole is 8b. People find us easily.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom