The View From Section 241 — Ball U | Page 2 | The Boneyard

The View From Section 241 — Ball U

Reaction Score
Really? I always thought the convention was the road team conference brought the refs. I would have sworn to it.
"Conference referees call intraconference games, but two teams playing an out-of-conference matchup decide who will supply the officials by agreeing on a contract before the game — in most cases, the onus lies on the road team to supply the referees."

Alabama/Florida State Home & Home Contract

“1. The said parties mutually agree to cause their respective varsity teams to meet in the city of Tallahassce in the state of Florida on the 30th day of August, 2025 and in the city of Tuscaloosa in the state of Alabama on the 19th day of September, 2026 and then and there engage in games of Varsity Football (the games). The games are to be played at TBD o'clock TBD. “

“ 11. Officials for the game shall be assigned by the Atlantic Coast Conference or the game played on August 30, 2025 and the Southeastern Conference (or the game played on September 19, 2026.”

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score
The game was tough because they lost the mental edge. They had the game in hand and freaked themselves out. Not uncommon with a young team, particularly one with our history of losing and number of injuries. The coaches have to help them use this hurt as motivation to win rather than allow them to wallow and lose. I'll be at the BC game yelling myself hoarse either way.

Reaction Score
FSU and Florida's contract, for many years, has provided that the officiating comes from the visiting teams conference....

You can find the whole crew from the ACC who officiated the 2019 game in Gainesville in this link.

Clemson and South Carolina have the same arrangement...visitor brings officiating crew...

I know there has been a lot of speculation on here about the officials for Saturday's game at South Carolina, so I checked with the Clemson Sports Information Department. The officiating crew for this weekend is the one headed by Tom Zimorski. This is the same crew that officiated Clemson's game at N.C. State last weekend.

Tom Zimorski is an ACC official heading an ACC crew.

Last edited:

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
And I would not give up totally on a bowl even at 5-7 although I concede it would be unlikely. But TV loves a good Cinderella story and how else are you gonna sell one of the Nameless Bowls to a potential audience?

I'm sorry but the idea of a national audience being captivated at the prospect of a 5-7 UConn team made me chuckle a bit.

Reaction Score
I'm sorry but the idea of a national audience being captivated at the prospect of a 5-7 UConn team made me chuckle a bit.
A 5-7 UConn will be playing cards during bowl season

Reaction Score
I think it varies widely depending on the teams, the conferences and the location. I don’t know that much about football officiating, but in some other sports, basketball for example, officials might well work for multiple leagues. The same crew might do an ACC game at BC this week and a Big 10 game at Rutgers next week. The only difference is the patch on the uniform, since I believe they are independent contractors. Not sure if it the same in football, but I know it is true in a few other sports.

Reaction Score
You did, of course, read the unlikely disclaimer. So no offense taken.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom