The Power of The 10-0 Run | The Boneyard

The Power of The 10-0 Run

Reaction Score
Just came to post this. There is a lot of evidence that we’re as good as anybody at our best, as most of us know. Iona is fascinating because they are “streaky” in that they give up a lot of runs, and also go on a lot. Let’s reel off another 27 unanswered on Friday.

Reaction Score
For those not inclined to click a link and read an article:
6A98F09A-430F-44A0-92C7-ABCDBD1753AA.jpeg

Reaction Score
That is exactly where a team would want to be on the graph as far as winning goes. No shock to see our company there. But I don’t feel like we give up so few runs. So many teams have made big runs against us in games, in part due to DH’s TO management

Reaction Score
That is exactly where a team would want to be on the graph as far as winning goes. No shock to see our company there. But I don’t feel like we give up so few runs. So many teams have made big runs against us in games, in part due to DH’s TO management
So are the stats lying when they say we don't give up big runs?

Reaction Score
We have allowed five 10-0 runs this year. View attachment 85170
We gave up 2 separate 10-0+ runs against Providence in the 2nd half, otherwise we would have had the fewest in the country. We were the lowest for most of the year.

Alabama has the fewest, but we did put one on them in our game earlier this year (14-0 actually and had a 13-1 run in 2nd half).

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
Somehow no matter what on any topic DH gets shade thrown his way. We need to stop it about the coach. We were not picked to be a top twenty team this year. Although Shaka took a team that was projected worse further, he may be the only coach who did more with what the experts thought he had pre season. We were picked fourth in the BE and guess what we finished fourth. But nobody picked us as a #2 in the country team. And I still believe in the eye test. When we are playing our game we are a top three eye test team…..

Reaction Score
Interesting, is that how they define it? I wonder how many 8-point runs we’ve allowed. And that discounts something like a 15-2 run
Well, just about all endpoints are arbitrary. Is it possible we give up more 8-0 runs than similarly rated teams? I honestly don’t know. I suspect we don’t. We should ask the winner if the math geek tournament. I’d say 10-0 runs scored and conceded is a good barometer of a team’s ability to go on and prevent runs.

Reaction Score
Well, just about all endpoints are arbitrary. Is it possible we give up more 8-0 runs than similarly rated teams? I honestly don’t know. I suspect we don’t. We should ask the winner if the math geek tournament. I’d say 10-0 runs scored and conceded is a good barometer of a team’s ability to go on and prevent runs.
Sure, the arbitrary nature of defining things is what makes statistics so “fun” lol and like I said, a 15-2 run won’t be included there, which is certainly a killer.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I'm just waiting for someone to state "it's already March 15 and DH still hasn't won a tournament game here".

caw

Reaction Score
What I would like to know is what games did UConn have those kill shots in, and aside from PC, which games did UConn concede kill shots.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom