The one past husky you would want on this team | Page 3 | The Boneyard

The one past husky you would want on this team

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Johnny Time! Just joking, but he'd be a front court improvement for sure. Just not as big an improvement as my #1 choice... Emeka would be the biggest instant improvement.

Next choice would be Caron.

Thinking about a big that could be the bully instead of being bullied, Jake wouldn't be a bad addition, either. Or Charlie V. He could show these guys what a stretch 4 should be.

But in the end, it comes down to Emeka, and it ain't close.

I could get behind Johnnie time

Reaction Score
if you didnt answer emeka please never post again
Exactly he is the complete game changer.
His addition alone buts this same group of players into another category.
Frankly I wonder about the basketball understanding on the BY at times.
We would have hammered FSU last night just with him in the post.
The post presence of someone who can both defend the rim , rebound and command a double team makes everyone else a better player.
Even TO’s get reduced .
I don’t expect the casual fan to understand the connection but I think we have some aspiring coaches here.
The guys named certainly would make the team better but not take it up a level.

Reaction Score
if you didnt answer emeka please never post again

Okafor is the only serious answer but our program has had 4 or 5 guys that have an argument for being the best player in the nation their final year. The question is silly but realistically, any of these guys would make the current team a potential 1 seed. The more interesting question would be either which non All American or even non NBA player would be the best addition.

Reaction Score
Any of the top guys obviously. Emeka would probably be the most useful considering how weak we are in the paint.

Reaction Score
If it's really anyone, then I would go with Emeka. He might not emote, but once in while he would get that chip and dominate. I still remember when he came in the semifinals against Duke and they way he finished that up.

If I pick a non NBA player, I'd pick Freeman. Or I'd go back to Rod Sellers. Both were extremely tough. I still think Freeman was pound for pound one of the toughest guys to come through UConn. Man could he rebound.

I like Okafor still overall because he could rebound and block shots without giving up position. He would get rebounds out of his zone and developed enough of a jump shot and hook to be an offensive threat.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Okafor or Voskuhl.

Jake was a very underrated on-ball defender and possession ender.
And probably the best outlet passer we've ever had.

Reaction Score
Let's say it's not an all time great, but just a really good player... Boone or Hilton Strongarms...

Reaction Score
Our fanbase vastly overrates our guards, Gilbert is a total stud but he isn't there yet. Our froncourt is terrible so Donyell, Emeka, or Caron are all an easy choice but Kemba was just at another level his junior year, adding the best and most clutch player in the country could do wonders.
Senior AJ, Junior Dyson, Freshman Kemba, Senior Austrie is better than this.

We once had a guard lineup that had Ray coming off the bench behind KO and Doron.

JA and AG are good, but they aren't in the league of those two backcourts...just off the top of my head. I'd probably take KEA-Moore-Jones over this backcourt.

Reaction Score
Our fanbase vastly overrates our guards, Gilbert is a total stud but he isn't there yet. Our froncourt is terrible so Donyell, Emeka, or Caron are all an easy choice but Kemba was just at another level his junior year, adding the best and most clutch player in the country could do wonders.
Not to mention, he took up so much of the opposing defenses attention, and that made everyone better.

Reaction Score
Hasheem Thabeet
If you're looking for the skills Hasheem possessed I'm curious why you would pick Hasheem over Emeka. Wasn't Emeka better at everything that Hasheem was good at? Not trying to say you're wrong but curious to your reasons for picking Hasheem.

Reaction Score

We once had a guard lineup that had Ray coming off the bench behind KO and Doron.

JA and AG are good, but they aren't in the league of those two backcourts...just off the top of my head. I'd probably take KEA-Moore-Jones over this backcourt.
Are you kidding me? Those backourts were way better, as was Kemba and Lamb, Bazz and Boat and others. All those backcourts had stars, I think AG will get there someday but he's not there yet.

Reaction Score
Emeka.

Our guard play could be better as could our wings but we have 0 front court threat minus Eric Cobb when he’s feeling it. A defensive anchor with a good low post game and we’d be a Top 25 team no question.

Reaction Score
I would have to go with Emeka. Double Double Machine with 3 or 4 blocks a game. Plus, he was a smart player. A joy to watch. I think he alone would make this a ranked team.

Reaction Score
Didn’t see him mentioned...put Drummond on this team and we are undefeated right now with a top 10 ranking

Reaction Score

KEA-Jones-Moore won us a title. This group is trying to get us to the NIT.

But.....things are changing.

Reaction Score
KEA-Jones-Moore won us a title. This group is trying to get us to the NIT.

But.....things are changing.
They did, but they also had Rip, KFree, and Jake (along with a deep bench). You have to try to isolate the backcourt from the wider team, and I also tried to take the sum total of their individual talent/ability rather than their fit. KEA-Moore not just had a better team, but they were a better fit.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom