The one past husky you would want on this team

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Okafor. No doubt.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Didn’t see him mentioned...put Drummond on this team and we are undefeated right now with a top 10 ranking

Your opinion seems weighted by what Drummond has become since going to the NBA, not what he was at UConn. He was on a young, but much more talented team than this year's squad (Bazz, Lamb, Boat, Oriakhi, Roscoe, Daniels, Giffey) and couldn't get past the 1st round.

Reaction Score
I just finished skipping over everyone’s posts, so apologies if someone else already gave my clearly correct answer, but the one guy we need is obviously Diamond Stone. He’d be a senior right now and would probably be averaging 25/15. Stupid UA money. Hey NCAA! Let’s get it going with those investigations! Few knows what he's talking about!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Thought about this hard. Emeka and thabeet were my first thoughts. Then Rudy and donyell ( my second pick). But I needed guts and fearlessness and a lunch pail, chip on your shoulder guy. There is only one of those. Rebuounding, defense, shot blocking, and quiet leadership.

Jeff adrien. I know there are other big names. I guess I just miss a real old school pounder for us. It’s been awhile with AO the last.
medeldove

Reaction Score
KEA-Jones-Moore won us a title. This group is trying to get us to the NIT.

But.....things are changing.
We’re a post stopper away from being a very good team.
Carlton hopefully will gets there soon I’m afraid that ship has sailed for Cobb. Yakwe was a force in that last run against FSU but his size and condition limit him.
The mantra for this team’s success has to be defense creates offense.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Rip Hamilton for his midrange game and ability to defend the 3 or 4
Ben Gordon for his toughness and overall consistency

Reaction Score
Rip Hamilton for his midrange game and ability to defend the 3 or 4
Rip in college or the NBA? I don't remember Rip being a good defender at UConn. He even used to make fun of himself for his lack of defense. His teammates used to kid him about it also.

Reaction Score
I don't even need to read this thread to answer the question. We've had lots of great players. But you eliminate everyone on the perimeter because we are light years better this year on the perimeter than underneath. So would Ray or Kemba make this team much better? Of course. But improving this year's team the most requires the aircraft carrier in the middle. Someone who can both score and defend in the paint. And as important as Thabeet was his last year here, mentioning him in the same sentence as Okafor is absurd. They were not, are not, and will never be on the same level.

So the answer is Emeka Okafor.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Rip in college or the NBA? I don't remember Rip being a good defender at UConn. He even used to make fun of himself for his lack of defense. His teammates used to kid him about it also.
Stan Van Gundy called him a solid committed defender when he was coaching him. I remember in 2008 during the playoffs, no one could stop Lebron and in a pivotal game Van Gundy put Rip on LeBron and he held him to something like 12 pts - it was the first time LeBron didn't score 20 plus points in the playoffs in his career to that point.
I don't recall him being how you described him while at UConn - I remember him blocking shots and clogging lanes - he wasn't the best ever at UConn but I do remember him harassing opponents
In any case - this team could use a Rip type player

Reaction Score
Overall, I’d take Emeka. He would be a game changer for the Huskies right now since we have a weak front court. But we do have a lack of leadership, that’s why I might pick kemba ray or shabazz

Reaction Score
John Thomas. 70’s. Rebound, defend, block shots. You couldn’t move him with a fork lift.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom