The Official Thread of The New York Yankees - 2023 | Page 9 | The Boneyard

The Official Thread of The New York Yankees - 2023

Reaction Score
The lineup is better with Judge back and Sean Casey taking over, but it still sucks.

The rotation is now in shambles too bad Cole has been screwed out of a Cy Young by the lineup or the shaky pen.

You think the Yankees would ever entertain the idea of Mariano of working with Clay Holmes of course not that would go against the Yankees analytics concept. Supposedly no ex Yankees including the core 4 arent allowed at spring training anymore. I see Cashmans philosophy is working very well.

Reaction Score
The lineup is better with Judge back and Sean Casey taking over, but it still sucks.

The rotation is now in shambles too bad Cole has been screwed out of a Cy Young by the lineup or the shaky pen.

You think the Yankees would ever entertain the idea of Mariano of working with Clay Holmes of course not that would go against the Yankees analytics concept. Supposedly no ex Yankees including the core 4 arent allowed at spring training anymore. I see Cashmans philosophy is working very well.

When they stop allowing Cashman to go to spring training all will get better. But Hal said he is staying put so we will be in as much a shambles as the rotation for years to come, that's my guess.

If Hal gave a crap, had any clue about baseball he would've brought Jeter in as GM and Mattingly in as Manager last year then at least we'd have a chance. Get used to loving UConn hoops then waiting for it to arrive again, or hoping your football team can entertain you because our baseball team blows.

Reaction Score
1 hit lol

The announcers I heard when checking in on MLB network said something along the lines of “… if you look it up many of the best outings by pitchers this year around the league were against the Yankees “

Thank you Brian, at least they’re acknowledging your analytics as being successful….for everyone but the Yankees.

Reaction Score
I play in a couple baseball fantasy leagues, You can never go wrong going with pitchers facing the Yanks. Its sad really.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
I guess the good news with this horrendous season is that now they can look at tearing it down. If they had another 93 win season and early exit in the playoffs, Steinbrenner would have just run it back and tweaked the lineup.

Now he knows they need to start over... starting with leadership.

What sucks is that Judge and Cole are in their prime.

Reaction Score
I guess the good news with this horrendous season is that now they can look at tearing it down. If they had another 93 win season and early exit in the playoffs, Steinbrenner would have just run it back and tweaked the lineup.

Now he knows they need to start over... starting with leadership.

What sucks is that Judge and Cole are in their prime.
Only way they tear it down and build again towards winning it all is without Cashman and they ain't firing Cashman.

ShakyTheMohel

Reaction Score
Only way they tear it down and build again towards winning it all is without Cashman and they ain't firing Cashman.
Yeah....it does feel that way. But...this is a good litmus test for Steinbrenner...does he really want to start over or not? He only has to eat $20mm. With the money they have, it's not out of the question.

If they keep Cashman...you are correct...they will keep spinning their wheels. I don't get why he loves Cashman...doesn't he see what is happening on other teams like Tampa and Houston?

Or does he not care? Will falling ticket sales make him care? Or do they have enough other revenue streams that reduced ticket sales won't matter?

Reaction Score
Yeah....it does feel that way. But...this is a good litmus test for Steinbrenner...does he really want to start over or not? He only has to eat $20mm. With the money they have, it's not out of the question.

If they keep Cashman...you are correct...they will keep spinning their wheels. I don't get why he loves Cashman...doesn't he see what is happening on other teams like Tampa and Houston?

Or does he not care? Will falling ticket sales make him care? Or do they have enough other revenue streams that reduced ticket sales won't matter?
I honestly don't think Steinbrenner cares at all, if he did Cashman would already be gone. I hope fans start boycotting.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Tear it down? Why? Hal and Brian keep saying there right there.

Nothing, and I mean nothing will change as long as Cashman is GM. And Cashman has Steinbrenner's complete support.

ShakyTheMohel

Reaction Score
Tear it down? Why? Hal and Brian keep saying there right there.

Nothing, and I mean nothing will change as long as Cashman is GM. And Cashman has Steinbrenner's complete support.
But does Cashman have his support because revenues have been where he wants them to be? If this season negatively impacts revenue, is Cashman less safe?

It feels like Steinbrenner doesn't care if they win a championship...but I would be surprised if he didn't care if they lost money.

Reaction Score
Now that the season is “over” this article does a nice job providing reasons to watch:

In summary:

1) Root for Cole to win Cy Young
2) Play the kids. Vazquez, Brito, Peraza, Schmidt, Pereira, Wells, Beeter, Warren…

Reaction Score
Tear it down and show everyone how weak your farm system is after all as well. They're in huge trouble as are we as fans. This is a complete and utter mess. No light at the end of the tunnel unless they make changes on top. Their bargaining power is way down and the times of players wanting to put the pinstripes on have gone away.

Agree though play all the kids the rest of the year see what you have if anything.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Saw an article the other day about a recent (former Yankee) prospect blasting the minor league development system, claiming they don't teach anything (especially fundamentals) and that the only thing they care about with batters is exit velocity and walks.

The last part explains a ton about why we can't do anything on offense beyond stray home runs.

I have a strong suspicion that Hal is going to force Cashman to tear down and rebuild the development staff throughout the minor league system and (hopefully) this will be what makes or breaks Cashman's future with the team.

I also read recently that Cashman wanted to be a seller at the deadline but Hal refused, knowing that Yankee Stadium would be a ghost town for the remainder of the season if they were sellers. It may be that way after this weekend anyway.

Reaction Score
I'm a fan of this.

McKinney has been a good foot soldier, but smart to DFA impending journeymen UFAs that the team might not want to keep around for next year.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I'm a fan of this.

McKinney has been a good foot soldier, but smart to DFA impending journeymen UFAs that the team might not want to keep around for next year.

I'm at Yankee Stadium as we speak. McKinney is playing left field this game

boba

Somewhere around Barstow
Reaction Score
Now that the season is “over” this article does a nice job providing reasons to watch:

In summary:

1) Root for Cole to win Cy Young
2) Play the kids. Vazquez, Brito, Peraza, Schmidt, Pereira, Wells, Beeter, Warren…
I think my response shall be to cancel my MLB subscription. Simply put, nothing gained by watching a thoroughly mediocre baseball team. (Even Apple knows this as it provided all the words via the suggestions!)

Reaction Score
Do you think Hal even cares that a so-so Sox team is embarrassing them in their home turf? I mean they did get 2 hits yesterday and only struck out 9 times Friday so it’s no time to panic. Lol
He doesn’t care he cares more about his personal relationships then his on the field product.

When Hal said he is not his father (which is fine) it hit me he is the exact opposite he won’t fire anyone he honors entire contracts and won’t get rid of anyone during their contract unless there is tremendous PR pressure.

Reaction Score

Francesca touches on a lot here. What he doesn’t get is in order for change to happen real change fans have to boycott need to empty seats at the stadium and less viewership on TV, ownership needs to be embarrassed.

I know it’s unfair to tell fans not to attend games. I don’t wanna tell people how to spend their time and money, not saying the fans going to games are part of the problem but they aren’t helping the problem. Hal is a crook he is stealing your money.

Reaction Score
The Yanks are horrible and did not deserve to win; but I don't get this call.

I believe IKF got his foot in to where home plate is (Wong's knee is literally on home plate) before the tag; but it is close. So I can see that call going either way. But, Wong set himself up in the middle of home plate. I understand that he has a right to field the throw; but he also has to give the runner a clear lane to the bag (on a non-force play) and I do not see any clear path here. The fact that IKF's foot slides into Wong's leg screams blocking (in today's game). The video review stating that there was no blocking goes against what I have been taught as a baseball coach and what my son (who is a Sox fan sadly) has been taught as a catcher himself.

Reaction Score
I'm a fan of this.

Welp, take two:

Pereira and Peraza now up.

Time to play the kids! (Pereira everyday and Pereza starts at 2B w Torres at DH once every fourish days)

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Welp, take two:

Pereira and Peraza now up.

Time to play the kids! (Pereira everyday and Pereza starts at 2B w Torres at DH once every fourish days)
I thought I read Everson was coming up on Friday.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom