The Official Thread of The New York Yankees - 2023 | Page 8 | The Boneyard

The Official Thread of The New York Yankees - 2023

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
6 runs for the O’s without recording an out in the 1st inning. This is embarrassing.
jim carrey attorney GIF

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Let's be real. This is a mediocre team at best. Outside of Cole and Judge, average backup talent.

Reaction Score
Everyone the Yanks were rumored to be interested in including Grichuk and Hicks all went to others in the playoff races. Don’t get me wrong I hope they don’t make the playoffs if it helps us get rid of Cashman but it also proves just how worthless this man is. He will pick up some .220 hitter still I’m sure.

Reaction Score
Everyone the Yanks were rumored to be interested in including Grichuk and Hicks all went to others in the playoff races. Don’t get me wrong I hope they don’t make the playoffs if it helps us get rid of Cashman but it also proves just how worthless this man is. He will pick up some .220 hitter still I’m sure.
Ya have a better chance of winning the lottery then seeing Cashman being fired. The Yankee brass along with the local media will just use injuries as an excuse.

I have no faith in this organization to do anything right.

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
Rizzo 0 for 5 with five strikeouts yesterday. Lol

Hal, Cashman and Boone are married to sabermetrics which is sort of funny based on the absurd payroll and terrible numbers every player not named Judge is putting up.

Story I recall when they interviewed manager candidates was that Cash and Hal had their cracked analytics team run an “optimal” line up with 9 specific players. They then presented this list of players and their stats in jumbled order to each candidate and had them make the optimal batting order based on the stats. Boone was the only one who got the line-up 100% correct based on what their analytics team spit out. He’s not going anywhere whether they make the playoffs or not unfortunately.

Reaction Score
Ya have a better chance of winning the lottery then seeing Cashman being fired. The Yankee brass along with the local media will just use injuries as an excuse.

I have no faith in this organization to do anything right.
They gave up a while ago. No chance of ever winning again with Cashman and Hal won't fire him. Hal is pathetic, the old man deserved much better.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
So many teams bringing in top talent.

Yankees = zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Maybe they're selling. Maybe they're buying.

Reaction Score
So many teams bringing in top talent.

Yankees = zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Maybe they're selling. Maybe they're buying.
2-4 in the last six games entering tomorrow’s deadline.

Just a weird purgatory the Yankees are in: still in the Wild Card hunt and Judge back, but still such a dud of a lineup.

While I’d be amenable to selling, I just can’t see the Yankees doing it with their record and proximity to the last spot in the playoffs.

Still think they’ll add a LF and maybe another RP, but what do I know? Feels like a total toss up.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
German scratched. Fill-in gets lit up. German relieves him and dazzles.

Rays Glasnow just dazzles.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Tomorrow is it. Will Cashman do anything? I doubt it.

Steinbrenner is not worried about winning another world series. Just get in the playoffs so they get extra cash.

Cashman has no idea what he is doing. Too many of his trades have been busts.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
So I guess the new strategy is to pitch around Judge. Rizzo and Stanton are so bad they walk the guy in front of them intentionally.

As I said before...I don't see how this gets fixed. They are stuck with Rizzo, Stanton and DJ because of their contracts. And the minor league system isn't producing talent.

They should be selling but they don't have anything to sell...lol.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Yankees 3 for 23 through six. 4 total bases. 6 whiffs.

ShakyTheMohel

Reaction Score
A few stats:
Team BA .230 - 29th out of 30 teams
Hits 797 - 29th out of 30 teams
Doubles 139 - 30th out of 30 teams
OBP .302 - 28th out of 30 teams.

This is what Steinbrenner and Cashman have built. This is the new look Yankees.
And they have one of the highest payrolls. That's called poor management.

Reaction Score
And they have one of the highest payrolls. That's called poor management.
For sure.

Now, it's just grin and bear it.

For this year, treat Judge's and Cortes' return as a "phantom trade additions", keep LeMahieu at 3B and hope he keeps hitting, play Bauers more at 1B to bench Rizzo, do a lefty/right split at LF between IKF/McKinney and then hopefully call up Pereira/Florial/Peraza when rosters expand in September. Also hope that Rodon/Severino figure it out. Nothing much else to do than just root for the team and the players in spite of the crappy management.

For next year, Donaldson/Severino/IKF/Peralta leaving clears up 45 million to hopefully make a few changes, albeit it would be silly to expect a big change.

Reaction Score
For sure.

For this year, treat Judge's and Cortes' return as a "phantom trade additions", keep LeMahieu at 3B and hope he keeps hitting, play Bauers more at 1B to bench Rizzo, do a lefty/right split at LF between IKF/McKinney and then hopefully call up Pereira/Florial/Peraza when rosters expand in September. Also hope that Rodon/Severino figure it out. Nothing much else to do than just root for the team and the players in spite of the crappy management.

For next year, Donaldson/Severino/IKF/Peralta leaving clears up 45 million to hopefully make a few changes, albeit it would be silly to expect a big change.

I'm ok keeping IKF hell he's been one of the better players and plays multiple positions. Peralta is fine too but so many others have to go. Can't keep both McKinney and Bauers there's a reason they are journey men. Rizzo is done, no pop great guy but not having a 1B that can drive the ball and drive in runs is just plain awful. Donaldson, Severino both need to go fast and for good. Rodon one can only hope there's something especially since he's had a shortened season. Same with Montas, never know but this team is so far from being any good at all it's beyond belief. The situation that cashman has this storied team is beyond acceptable and until he goes, we will be this same team or worst. Not good at all to be a Yankee fan!

Reaction Score
For sure.

Take Peralta back from my previous post, he got lit up again today. And Rodon? Lol lit up and hurt again. Nice contract this’ll be.

ShakyTheMohel

Reaction Score
Take Peralta back from my previous post, he got lit up again today. And Rodon? Lol lit up and hurt again. Nice contract this’ll be.
I would also say Rizzo should be cut some slack due to his concussion. He started out this year strong.

As far as Rodon...we have officially lost a year with him. Injured for half a season and ineffective when he came back. Maybe next year...lol.

Reaction Score
Cole pitching tonight and go figure Yanks getting no hit after 4 by Cease and his 4.70 ERA.. Of course they had bases loaded no one out and didn’t score again lol.

Reaction Score
After an awful first month, Schmidt has been pretty darn solid. Would like to see him clean up his efficiency, but he’s a fun guy to watch and has good stuff.

Also, I’m sure Jomboy will make an edit soon, but for now, a decent breakdown of Boone’s ejection from last night:

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Curious if anyone has any interest in next Friday's UConn event (Yankee-Red Sox game). I may have a couple extra tickets (I will be going).

Included is a Yankee-UConn jersey. If I have them to sell price will be below cost.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom