The Official FloHoops Thread (All others merged here) | Page 3 | The Boneyard

The Official FloHoops Thread (All others merged here)

Reaction Score
As the Holiday Tournament season arrives we find two UConn games exclusively on Flo Hoops. Apparently they learned that most of us used the $12.99 a month package and the cancelled. Well! They’re on to us! Monthly rate is now 29.99.
I would happily pay $15 for each game. But " disengaging" from the service is like dealing with a telemarketing service in Russia. You can't reach them and the instructions/language are insane.

Reaction Score
Yeah, I’d dearly like to see these games too. However, I believe we will handle UCLA quite handily. I just don’t think they are a legit #3 team. I’d have to put them somewhere between 5 & 10. They certainly aren’t in the same class as South Carolina. Sure, they have Betts, a potential problem in the frontcourt but Geno has successfully dealt with bigs his entire career.
As for their vaunted backcourt, Rice and Osbourne, I just don’t think (unless they have some sort of “can’t miss” day) they will be able to score enough points to hang with us. Neither are high percentage, efficient scorers and I think we simply have way too much firepower on our team. I think Paige, Azzi, Caroline, & Aubrey will just be too much for them to handle.
Paige is too much for anyone to handle. AZZI likely wont be playing. Caroline is still " way off " from her game, and Aubrey is back to her freshman mentality when it comes to shooting the damn ball. UCLA has some fabulous young players. They may not rate a number 3 ranking, but they are going to be a tough out. More so, as the year progresses.

Reaction Score
Easy solution to that. Tell them to get lost and if nobody pays it the price will drop.
The better choice would be to have some normal operation buy the rights to the games. It isn't the monthly price, it is the subterfuge involved in getting dis-engaged from the service. I only care about UCONN, not Villanova vs Georgia.

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
The better choice would be to have some normal operation buy the rights to the games. It isn't the monthly price, it is the subterfuge involved in getting dis-engaged from the service. I only care about UCONN, not Villanova vs Georgia.
They’ve actually made it a lot easier to cancel! It’s in a logical place in your account settings and doesn’t involve sending an email or talking to anyone.
A3FB6CC1-EA69-48AE-BD72-B408D8440FA0.jpeg

Reaction Score
Be careful with that cancel thing. I took the cheaper $8.99 a month thing assuming I could just hit the cancel after the games. Nope. Cancelled fine AFTER the paid for YEAR was over. That month thing is misleading. It is calculated from the year rate you are agreeing to. Maybe they have changed their sports but somehow I doubt it.

Reaction Score
Is Flosports the same as Flohoops. The app that comes upon my TV is Flosports - if I sign up for that will I get Flohoops too?

Reaction Score
I don’t mind the $30 so much, but the purported difficulties in canceling are enough to scare me off. I’m not taking a chance on having to pay for a year or getting involved in some acrimonious “online” fight (shudder) for a low quality stream-cast of two games! Though I have to admit I’d love to see them, it just doesn’t seem worth it, especially as I’m undoubtedly the most incompetent “techster” certainly on this site and likely in the whole country! I’d probably find a way to be locked into a lifetime subscription before it was all over!:rolleyes:

Monte

Count of Monte UConn
Reaction Score
This is a situation where UCONN should step up and show appreciation for their many loyal fans....They should NOT schedule any games televised by FloHoops!

Reaction Score
This is a situation where UCONN should step up and show appreciation for their many loyal fans....They should NOT schedule any games televised by FloHoops!
UConn doesn't control it.

Majic Hands

https://www.neumi.com/jkvetter
Reaction Score
:D
Bit the bullet about an hour ago. Downloaded the app on my android TV Nvidia Shield.

Went with the monthly package through the Villanova BigEast link.

My lady and I will be watching the girls :)

PS. The lady & I have been living life together for 50 years :rolleyes:

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
Good grief.

It only costs $7.50 per game to watch, or it’s free to listen to.

The Flo situation isn’t that serious.

Reaction Score
They don't control their schedule??
They don't control who broadcasts the games. Geno has said it's hard to get games against good opponents, so upon hearing that FloSports will be the ones covering his game against the #4 team in the country you want him to back out of it or turn it down because of fan appreciation?

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
I broke down and got Flosports for the $29.99. If I find a bar to watch it in I will probably spend more than that on beer. LOL

Reaction Score
I used the Villanova link and signed up and watched a little of Villanova and a bit of Xavier last night. I’ve signed up every year that the games were on Flophoops and have never had an issue cancelling.

Monte

Count of Monte UConn
Reaction Score
They don't control who broadcasts the games. Geno has said it's hard to get games against good opponents, so upon hearing that FloSports will be the ones covering his game against the #4 team in the country you want him to back out of it or turn it down because of fan appreciation?
Ask Geno how he would like it, if there were NO fans in the stands for all home games.

Reaction Score
They don't control their schedule??
FloHoops for the most part broadcasts all Holiday Invitational Tourney's where ever they are played. For UConn to control their schedule so FloHoops does not broadcast their games...UConn would have to decline to play in these Holiday Invitational games.

Reaction Score
Ask Geno how he would like it, if there were NO fans in the stands for all home games.
He didn't like it but there is nothing he can do. See COVID-19 year.

Reaction Score
No one is going to stop going to games because there's a game on FloHoops once or twice a year. If you're gonna have a game that's not widely available, doing so on a major holiday where viewership would be down anyway is probably a good time to have it.

Majic Hands

https://www.neumi.com/jkvetter
Reaction Score
Flosports was and is brilliant for what the guys did.

Started a sports streaming service for un-represented sports. If I remember correctly they started with track and wrestling.

Beautiful story about having an idea and having it grow into a profitable enterprise.

Unfortunately or perhaps fortunately. . . They are expand their foot print getting contracts that might not have been picked up by other spots networks.

Or, if picked up would not be broadcast for free.

I would bet if it was picked up by ESPN it would be in a + package where you have to pay anyway.

It's getting cold outside and we'll get to watch some WBB that we wouldn't get to see for a couple months.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom