The Official FloHoops Thread (All others merged here) | Page 4 | The Boneyard

The Official FloHoops Thread (All others merged here)

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
So, my son came home for Thanksgiving. He is a reporter for Flosports, and helping me sign on.

He was offered tickets to the tournament, but turned them down. He is headed to a track meet in Bermuda next week. Clearly his heart is with track ( he is a successful H.S. Coach) and not Women's Basketball. To each his own.

Reaction Score
Just want to check before signing up...the Villanova deal is not just a special deal for Big East content is it? I will be able to see Vandy's games there? (Vandy's games vs. Iowa State and Northern Iowa from Vegas are listed as FloHoops games)

Reaction Score
When the UConn games have been on FloSports in the past, were we all so fortunate and grateful that MJL243 put those games on Youtube later in the evening?

Reaction Score
Just want to check before signing up...the Villanova deal is not just a special deal for Big East content is it? I will be able to see Vandy's games there? (Vandy's games vs. Iowa State and Northern Iowa from Vegas are listed as FloHoops games)
To answer my own question, I went ahead and signed up using the half-price Villanova link and it worked like a charm. Downloaded the app on my Roku tv, signed in, and it's working, too. Now if it all just works like it's supposed to tomorrow. Vandy vs. Iowa State from Vegas at 3:30 CST leading right into the UConn-UCLA game. That's a good day.

Reaction Score
To answer my own question, I went ahead and signed up using the half-price Villanova link and it worked like a charm. Downloaded the app on my Roku tv, signed in, and it's working, too. Now if it all just works like it's supposed to tomorrow. Vandy vs. Iowa State from Vegas at 3:30 CST leading right into the UConn-UCLA game. That's a good day.
Well worth the money. I did this last year and had no problem cancelling.

Reaction Score
The cancelling issue is not really a problem. If you try to cancel with an app on the phone or Ipad/tablet, it is frustrating because the option is nowhere to be found and you can search forever. But if you go to your pc/laptop, in settings, the cancel option is right there.

Reaction Score
It would be nice to see the games, but I already pay extra for SNY, plus I get ESPN and most of the other sports channels, why pay for more. This is just the beginning of more price gouging coming in the future.

Reaction Score
When the UConn games have been on FloSports in the past, were we all so fortunate and grateful that MJL243 put those games on Youtube later in the evening?
Great question. $30 is $30. Rather wait for Huskygames if that seems likely. So grateful to MJ.

Last edited:

MdStang

Greetings From Geezerville
Reaction Score
Signed up for the monthly subscription. Currently watching the MD - Green Bay game at the Cancun Challenge. Excellent picture on my iMac. Announcers are not top level but admit we are pretty spoiled by the SNY, ABC, ESPN, FS1 crews.

Reaction Score
Hey so if you go to FloHoops Twitter and click on their profile pic, they are currently planning to live streaming the LSU game. Hope they continue this all day, because if so we don’t have to pay.
IMG_4306.png

Reaction Score
Well, they got me. The production at the South Point tournament in Vegas is pathetic. They have one camera, and it's up at the top of the stands at midcourt with someone just swinging it left and right to keep up with the action. It's like a high school manager filming the game for the coach.

The picture quality sucks, and they're so far away you can't possibly distinguish which player is which. The picture quality and camera work on every other tournament I've seen on FloHoops the past two days looks fine. Not this one, though. It's very nearly unwatchable.

Reaction Score
I’m watching the LSU game. The camera coverage is good but the audio is not matching the video. I believe it is off like 30 seconds.

Reaction Score
I am watching the LSU game on Flo Sports. I also watched the Tulane/ Virginia game. That floor is dangerous! I am NOT exaggerating! They had to wipe the floor with big 4’ dust mops several times during the games. So far a player in the first game slipped and almost injured herself. In the LSU game a player slipped during a layup and wrenched her knee. Now we are down there waiting for our turn. I pray that nothing else happens to any more players. If I were Gino, I would not let them play. Citing the floor conditions and player safety as legitimate reasons to not continue. I think the other coaches in this tournament should do the same.
As I’m writing this the LSU player is on the bench with an ice packed wrapped around her knee. It is #5 Sa’Myah Smith.

Reaction Score
I am watching the LSU game on Flo Sports. I also watched the Tulane/ Virginia game. That floor is dangerous! I am NOT exaggerating! They had to wipe the floor with big 4’ dust mops several times during the games. So far a player in the first game slipped and almost injured herself. In the LSU game a player slipped during a layup and wrenched her knee. Now we are down there waiting for our turn. I pray that nothing else happens to any more players. If I were Gino, I would not let them play. Citing the floor conditions and player safety as legitimate reasons to not continue. I think the other coaches in this tournament should do the same.
As I’m writing this the LSU player is on the bench with an ice packed wrapped around her knee. It is #5 Sa’Myah Smith.
I saw Smith’s injury. It did not look good.

Reaction Score
Well, they got me. The production at the South Point tournament in Vegas is pathetic. They have one camera, and it's up at the top of the stands at midcourt with someone just swinging it left and right to keep up with the action. It's like a high school manager filming the game for the coach.

The picture quality sucks, and they're so far away you can't possibly distinguish which player is which. The picture quality and camera work on every other tournament I've seen on FloHoops the past two days looks fine. Not this one, though. It's very nearly unwatchable.
Guess I picked the wrong day to watch South Point. Thank goodness UConn wbb merits better.

Reaction Score
I saw Smith’s injury. It did not look good.
No it doesn’t. It is half time. The player went back into locker room. My husband says there must be something seriously wrong with the air conditioning. It is not properly drying out the gym. As I was watching the 1st game I couldn’t believe how many times the crew was out there with those big mops. Not as many in the 2nd. But still it isn’t much better. I feel so bad for these young ladies. 2 1/2 games to go. Hoping there is no more injuries.

Reaction Score
And those who purchased chose the Conference Special Pricing option, yes?

Reaction Score
It would be nice to see the games, but I already pay extra for SNY, plus I get ESPN and most of the other sports channels, why pay for more. This is just the beginning of more price gouging coming in the future.
Yes, it is getting ridiculous. We cut Xfinity Tv to lower expenses 2 years ago. You TubeTV was cheaper. Now it’s more for less. They dropped SNY, MLB and i think NHL network too.
We are trying Fubo. It cost more , but has a better sports channel selection.

Reaction Score
Decided to do the Conference Special Pricing. Flohoops does bot have a Roku app! Roku has a Flosports app, but the conference special flohoops login doesn't work on it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom