The Official FloHoops Thread (All others merged here) | The Boneyard

The Official FloHoops Thread (All others merged here)

Reaction Score
As the Holiday Tournament season arrives we find two UConn games exclusively on Flo Hoops. Apparently they learned that most of us used the $12.99 a month package and the cancelled. Well! They’re on to us! Monthly rate is now 29.99.

Monte

Count of Monte UConn
Reaction Score
Does any one know of a CT Sports Bar that will carry the UCONN games on FloHoops on November 24th and 25th?

Reaction Score
As the Holiday Tournament season arrives we find two UConn games exclusively on Flo Hoops. Apparently they learned that most of us used the $12.99 a month package and the cancelled. Well! They’re on to us! Monthly rate is now 29.99.
1. Do you know if Flo Hoops allows subscribers to stream the full games on-demand (instead of streamed live) after the games have finished?

2. I seem to recall that in the past Flo Hoops video quality wasn’t very good. Improved?

3. Also remember posters remarking Flo Hoops made canceling a subscription a bit challenging. Has it simplified the cancellation process?

Last edited:

sun

Reaction Score
Does any one know of a CT Sports Bar that will carry the UCONN games on FloHoops on November 24th and 25th?
IDK if the new sports betting bar at the XL Center will be showing the Cayman games but it has 86 TV screens.
You should call them & ask & then let us know too.
If they're not then call around to other sports bars & ask if they have Flohoops & if they'll show the game for you.
You'd think that places closer to UConn would be showing it, or any place that has Flohoops.

Here's a Courant article with photos about the XL Center sports betting bar.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Does anyone know if UConn+ will show any of the games the next day? Or maybe Youtube? I don't need to see them live but it would be nice to see them at some point.

Reaction Score
It was $29.99 last year, too. They broadcast Vandy's holiday tournament games, and I checked into it but did not subscribe. To me, that's an outrageous price for what they offer, but it must be worth it to some folks.

Reaction Score
Does anyone know if UConn+ will show any of the games the next day? Or maybe Youtube? I don't need to see them live but it would be nice to see them at some point.
Maybe someone will post on youtube. But otherwise without FloHoops you won't see it. Luckily these aren't big games so if you miss 'em it's not that big of a deal I don't think.

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
Maybe someone will post on youtube. But otherwise without FloHoops you won't see it. Luckily these aren't big games so if you miss 'em it's not that big of a deal I don't think.
What are you talking about, UCLA is ranked 3 in the country and Kansas won the WNIT last year with most of their team back. I foresee a big battle with UCLA, with the outcome not really guaranteed for us.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score

Easy solution to that. Tell them to get lost and if nobody pays it the price will drop.

Reaction Score
What are you talking about, UCLA is ranked 3 in the country and Kansas won the WNIT last year with most of their team back. I foresee a big battle with UCLA, with the outcome not really guaranteed for us.
Yeah, I’d dearly like to see these games too. However, I believe we will handle UCLA quite handily. I just don’t think they are a legit #3 team. I’d have to put them somewhere between 5 & 10. They certainly aren’t in the same class as South Carolina. Sure, they have Betts, a potential problem in the frontcourt but Geno has successfully dealt with bigs his entire career.
As for their vaunted backcourt, Rice and Osbourne, I just don’t think (unless they have some sort of “can’t miss” day) they will be able to score enough points to hang with us. Neither are high percentage, efficient scorers and I think we simply have way too much firepower on our team. I think Paige, Azzi, Caroline, & Aubrey will just be too much for them to handle.

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
Does anyone else remember Flo putting out a promo code before the Thanksgiving tournaments started? Or am I making that up?

Reaction Score
Does anyone else remember Flo putting out a promo code before the Thanksgiving tournaments started? Or am I making that up?
I thought they did. I think that is what Nan is referring to?

Reaction Score
For 11/24 and 11/25 games against UCLA and Kansas, any chance to watch without FloHoops ?

Reaction Score
For 11/24 and 11/25 games against UCLA and Kansas, any chance to watch without FloHoops ?
Have no idea. But FloHoops purchased the " rights" to the broadcast so they could force fans into signing up for their service. And then hope the fans forget they signed up and they pay forever.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I'm just hoping it shows up on YouTube the next day or so.

Reaction Score
I'm just hoping it shows up on YouTube the next day or so.
UCLA played at the Battle 4 Atlantis last year along with Tennessee, Louisville, and Texas among other teams. ESPN broadcast the championship game and I believe the third place game. The games shown by FloHoops never appeared on YouTube as far as I know. I found highlights (13-14 mins) from the FloHoops games on YouTube.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Will there be LiveStats for these games? I am guessing that there will be.
I am also hoping that there is an ESPN Gamecast for the games.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
I'll just follow along with the gamecast or game chat whichever is the best. I did Flohoops once, took forever to get it cancelled and their broadcast was the worst ever. I can live without seeing the games as long as UConn comes out victorious.

Reaction Score
Have no idea. But FloHoops purchased the " rights" to the broadcast so they could force fans into signing up for their service. And then hope the fans forget they signed up and they pay forever.
That is basically what happened to me. They bill you for an entire year and I missed the message about it. Small upside is that I can watch any big east games (that are not UConn). It is very difficult to cancel and their policy is OK and the service ends after the paid for games which means you have a year before the cancel takes affect.

Reaction Score
I'll just follow along with the gamecast or game chat whichever is the best. I did Flohoops once, took forever to get it cancelled and their broadcast was the worst ever. I can live without seeing the games as long as UConn comes out victorious.
Follow along with Bob and Deb. I'm guessing the radio team will be there.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
You can subscribe. Go to bottom of the linked page for more info.

We have it with our cable package. If you have cable it can’t hurt to look to see if it’s there. Cable changes lineups all the time

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
I have to giggle. Folks (me included) will pay big bucks (+fees), gas and parking, spend hours in traffic, buy an overpriced beverage but won't pay $15 each per game.
Understand quality and such, but it's interesting what battles we fight/corners we pinch.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom