The freshmen | Page 4 | The Boneyard

The freshmen

Dogstar

Of course I'm Sirius
Reaction Score
The freshmen have to play against seasoned veterans every game. If that's not a comparison, I don't know what is.
No kidding ..but I'm talking specifically about the comparison between Aubrey and Q

Reaction Score
No kidding ..but I'm talking specifically about the comparison between Aubrey and Q
I understood what you meant, and I think we get to compare the freshmen to upperclassmen because that's who they'll play against in practice and in games. Obviously we need to make allowances for experience and maturity -- that's the very stuff comparisons are made of. Perhaps that's what you were thinking too, that allowances needed to be made and maybe you thought I wasn't making enough of them.

On the other hand, if you think they're too emotionally delicate to withstand any such comparison -- assuming any of the players even read the BY -- I think you're mistaken. They are very sturdy and measure themselves against upperclassmen all the time.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Agree. There were a few times where she drove into the lane, and then had no where to go, and no options. I wonder if she had not gotten there so quickly (LOL), and so deep, if there would have been a better outcome. One play, she drove in and tried to bounce pass to Ice, however it seemed that it was too late, and the defenders closed out the space.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
I think Moriah Jefferson was quicker. KK, however, is bigger and stronger and is probably a better long-distance shooter as a freshman than Moriah was. Moriah had strong 3-point percentages in her latter years.

Reaction Score
our freshmen are amazing! Ash is playing like an upper classman and is the happiest kid out there; KK shows some no fear in attacking the basket and her outside shooting is improving. Q is sniper who in the last some games show she can rebound and is growing on defense.

Reaction Score
Q has a higher 3 point field goal percentage and is shooting a respectable 45.6% overall. After a recent game Geno wisecracked that he told Q to keep shooting even if she missed her first few shots and she looked at him like, “Are you crazy? Of course I’ll keep shooting “. He also said, “I love that”.

View attachment 94875
I knew Q was special when they played the games in Croatia last summer. One game in particular, it may have been the first game, she came in the game and immediately started jacking up shots with reckless abandon and never seemed phased when she missed. I said whoa, that is not the typical freshman mentality. True to form, she has remained unphased and is a good, not yet great, shooter. She will become great before she leaves UConn. I tell you what, I would not trade our three true freshmen for any other group of freshmen.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom