The best moment of the game | Page 2 | The Boneyard

The best moment of the game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
It looked like Hurley asked Cam if he touched him when they came in for the timeout the play after. So I agree.

Haha my wife pointed that out “he just asked Cam if he touched him and Cam had no idea what to say! Of course he did!”

Reaction Score
Every single bucket Purdue scored in the final 10 minutes we let lay on the ground for like 5 seconds, tossed to the ref, held it for another 5 seconds, then inbounded, then took 25 seconds off the shot clock. We were so savvy at taking time and limiting possessions while still getting good looks for ourselves and frustrating the opponent.

Reaction Score
Every single bucket Purdue scored in the final 10 minutes we let lay on the ground for like 5 seconds, tossed to the ref, held it for another 5 seconds, then inbounded, then took 25 seconds off the shot clock. We were so savvy at taking time and limiting possessions while still getting good looks for ourselves and frustrating the opponent.
has there ever been a team better at breaking a full court press? i knew the game was signed sealed delivered once they started trying it. we'd turn it into a 2 on 1 or 3 on 2 at the other end every time but nah just pass it back out and burn some clock. muahahah.

Reaction Score
Yep the two lobs to SJ was when I felt like they knew they weren’t going to win and that it could get ugly.
When we brought Slamson in with 4 fouls I texted friends “can we get 4 minutes out of him? Doubt it. Let’s just get a few quick dunks.”

And then boom- 2 alley oops and a foul.

Reaction Score
has there ever been a team better at breaking a full court press? i knew the game was signed sealed delivered once they started trying it. we'd turn it into a 2 on 1 or 3 on 2 at the other end every time but nah just pass it back out and burn some clock. muahahah.
Our press break felt so insanely easy last night. I think we TO once, but otherwise we just pass pass pass through it. Ez.

Reaction Score
When we brought Slamson in with 4 fouls I texted friends “can we get 4 minutes out of him? Doubt it. Let’s just get a few quick dunks.”

Why the hell are those 2 alley-oops missing from the extended highlights?! They would be around 14:00, 2nd, between Castle's putback and Spencer's lay-in over Edey.

Reaction Score
7:05 left in the second half. Out of a set we have seen a million times this year. Karaban slips a screen and Samson finds him diving to the basket for a dunk. Pushed the score to 61-46 and with a fifteen point lead I finally started to feel comfortable.

Reaction Score

On both of those plays, Newton threw the alley-oop at the perfect height -- Edey was too tired to get off the ground to deflect and Johnson caught it right at rim height.

Reaction Score
7:05 left in the second half. Out of a set we have seen a million times this year. Karaban slips a screen and Samson finds him diving to the basket for a dunk. Pushed the score to 61-46 and with a fifteen point lead I finally started to feel comfortable.
That was a sneaky-important play after Castle barely missed a 3 that would have pushed it to 20 and Purdue scored 4 in a row to cut it to 13 with Clingan on the bench. Johnson, not a great passer, making that play, while Karaban slipping by Edey, was big.

Tommyboy

a lot of people go to college for seven years
Reaction Score

A couple times the refs started the 5 count before we even had the ball and Alex had to hustle to get it in. They knew what we were doing. :)

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
I think I have to point to Karaban's 3 ball, corner pocket. We were up already, that one was the one I finally stopped stressing and the felt the route was truly on.

Doesn't help my buddy kept saying he needs to stop shooting, in which I replied "I don't care if he goes 0-9, shooters shoot and the next ones going in is where is mind needs to be"
There were a lot of clutch shots (especially Cam's) at critical times but at this shot by Karaban I stood up in my living room and yelled DAGGER. Felt like the life was drained out of Perdue. I heard Hurley say in an interview this past week (paraphrase) "we are just going to keep coming at you knowing you are going to crack at some point; we don't know when but we are confident you will crack."

There is a certitude here where "we don't have to worry if we can just do what we know we can do'

Confidence based on talent, training, unselfishness and relentless commitment.

Hurley also brought up in interviews that by coming to us we will make you NBA ready and we will win with you if let us show you how. Your personal development will not be sacrificed for the team but will rather be enhanced. Great point Dan.

I am just ecstatic about this team and season and the best part is the formula and coaching remain the same because overall its the culture of winning and "that's what we do".

Going to enjoy the spring and summer and hoping the team leadership arises this summer with commitments by example to get here early and start working as others have done in previous years.

Reaction Score
Apparently Hurley didn't know he touched Cam. He was on auto-pilot. He later asked if he had actually touched Cam.

So, what did the officials call there? I would have assumed it would be a technical foul, with two shots and possession for Purdue but it was just a turnover. I didn't hear the announcers address it.

Reaction Score
Our press break felt so insanely easy last night. I think we TO once, but otherwise we just pass pass pass through it. Ez.
Coach said in an interview when they went small, it was to have 5 people capable of breaking the press. Let Edey get his 2's, no 3's, no "and 1" 3's or no fouls on 3's. Alex battled the giant Edey hard and didn't foul, just let him work for his 2's and they either matched or got our own 3 on the other end.

caw

Reaction Score
Forcing the backcourt was one I liked. And another wa castle stealing Smiths dump off pass to Edey.

Reaction Score
These last 3 games need to be sold as a Illibamadue Trilogy Diamond box set.....

Reaction Score
So, what did the officials call there? I would have assumed it would be a technical foul, with two shots and possession for Purdue but it was just a turnover. I didn't hear the announcers address it.
I think they called it out of bounds. Hurley was standing out of bounds, touched Spencer, and Spencer had the ball.

Reaction Score
I thought if Karaban got it going, the game was over. He hit a 3 and then we knew it was over. And then he had to D up Edey and that was tremendous play on his part. I'm gonna have to sit down and rewatch the game because there were so many great plays.

Reaction Score
Why the hell are those 2 alley-oops missing from the extended highlights?! They would be around 14:00, 2nd, between Castle's putback and Spencer's lay-in over Edey.

2:30 perdue on the break and Karaban blocks the shot with no call. Very surprised there because 99% of the time the refs assume there had to be a foul

and this was probably goaltending

goaltending.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member