The Awesomeness of UConn and Inevitable return to BCS status | Page 2 | The Boneyard

The Awesomeness of UConn and Inevitable return to BCS status

Status
Not open for further replies.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Not for nothing, I think we all recognize the reality of the situation. It would take a fool not to recognize that AT THE MOMENT it appears UConn has been left behind. Six months ago Rutgers and Louisville could have said the same thing. As they say, the situation is fluid and it is unlikely that conference realignment is done. I'm glad the University recognizes it and continue to move forward as a big time university with a developing athletic program. What more can you say.
Oh there's plenty more people around here can say about the imminent demise of UConn. We're like the Doomsday Preppers of message boards.

pj

Reaction Score
Reality: ESPN offered the Big East over a BILLION DOLLARS and the Big East said no.

That's not ESPNs fault.

And all of the football teams except UConn, Cincy, and USF and all the C7 basketball programs have increased their athletic revenue by saying no. Most of the football programs have doubled their revenue over what ESPN offered.

Meanwhile ESPN's content expenses have gone up dramatically.

Maybe this outcome was not ESPN's fault, maybe it was inevitable that everyone except UConn and ESPN would end up better off, but maybe ESPN could have handled the situation better.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
The B1G, SEC and Big 12 have never announced they will not add UConn, so the invitations must be in the mail right now!!!!
tin-foil-hat.jpg

Conspiracy Kitty says:
Well duh!

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Reality: ESPN offered the Big East over a BILLION DOLLARS and the Big East said no.

That's not ESPNs fault.
No it isn't. And just because that offer would have resulted in the BE being paid less per school than any of the Big 6 leagues, that wasn't ESPN's fault either. It was a business choice. Now that the fact that ESPNconstistently downplayed our leagues achievements while pumping up the ACC, well that was ESPN's fault, as it it used it's virtual monopoly on college sports to influence the market value of the league. That kind of anti-competive act is frowned upon. Now the fact that they told the ACC which schools to poach in order to keep another network from getting a foothold. Again, that's an abuse of the monolopoly that they hold.

Now the fact that gutted our conference and didn't give a damn about what that did to UConn, well that sure as hell is there fault and must never be forgotten in this state. They must never see another taxpayer dollars. They must be made to comply with all zoning laws. Hell if I lived in Bristol, I'd complain about the speed with which employees leave, until the the police did a survey there. ESPN may not have declared war on the state of Connecticut, but they might as well have done so. They've cost us millions in revenue. Just something to keep in mind during tough economic times.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Not for nothing, I think we all recognize the reality of the situation. It would take a fool not to recognize that AT THE MOMENT it appears UConn has been left behind. Six months ago Rutgers and Louisville could have said the same thing. As they say, the situation is fluid and it is unlikely that conference realignment is done. I'm glad the University recognizes it and continue to move forward as a big time university with a developing athletic program. What more can you say.

If UConn moves now, it guarantees that it can save the two basketball programs. If UConn waits 3-4 years in the Big East, it could lose all 3 major programs.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
???

I am not like Whaler or Zls who are rooting for the program to fail. I am just being honest about the likely outcome. If UConn wants to remain competitive with the majors in football, it has to be prepared to lose a lot of money for a long time.

No you're not. You're outcome assumes the status quo occuring in a vacuum, when you know for a fact the status quo will not continue and it won't occur in said vacuum. It's amazing how undaunted your house pessimism seems when you know its walls are built out of playing cards.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
If UConn moves now, it guarantees that it can save the two basketball programs. If UConn waits 3-4 years in the Big East, it could lose all 3 major programs.

Yeah lets save the two basketball programs when one may possibly be a revenue drain in the future. The football program has a chance to be a revenue cash cow when all is said and done. Why don't you talk about the potential demise of WBB at UConn? He doesn't look it, but Golden Boy Geno is near 60 years old. How much more is in his tank?

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score

schools like indiana and ucla fell off for years then rebuilt and were way worse fall offs then what your getting at. in the end 5 years from now if we dont make the big leagues an cut fball for some crazy reason, we can take out bball and join the c7 then. we have KO locked in and our women schedule already based on ooc games not BE games. the men will get some good ooc games and be fine. not nearly the collaspe bluebloods had at one time. we have a ship in 2010 that will keep us relevant on the trail for a while. its just so crazy the doomsday u have. are u still in your bunker post 12/21? fyi we all survived, but please dont come out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom