The Awesomeness of UConn and Inevitable return to BCS status | The Boneyard

The Awesomeness of UConn and Inevitable return to BCS status

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Since I'm tired of looking at the shut down UConn football thread, I though we could talk about the awesome decision to upgrade football and our inevitable invitation to a BCS conference.

I'll start: UConn is the most superior basketball program not in a BCS conference. The fan support, State support and excellent potential makes us a tremendous candidate for Big 1G, Big 12 and ACC. There's no way we're left behind. I don't believe it and refuse to accept it.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
In the midst of the largest amount of turmoil to UConn in terms of conference realignment, etc., we have reeled in our highest rated football recruiting class of all time. This is because the nation understands that UConn is a force that will not be supressed. Nobody can stop HuskyNation. Nobody...

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Michigan alumni I have met so far want us.

What did you think they'd do? Tell you to your face they don't?

RS9999X

There's no Dark Side .....it's all Dark.
Reaction Score
Will Randy Edsall be rehired to return UConn football to its former glory? Ahhh. Nostalgia

Sent from my Lumia 920 via Windows 8. Now bite me Apple Droids.

Reaction Score
I say we hold out for a double share of whatever Rutgers is getting. Bitch, and an apology.

I'm watching you Delany.

images

Reaction Score
What did you think they'd do? Tell you to your face they don't?
Of course. One even said we bring more to the table in athletics than Rutgers. Works for Yale. Said he is a "Midwestern kind of guy". And that was after I had my hands around his neck when he said he went to Michigan. He asked immediately if I was a Buckeye.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
soooo......a random guy who went to michigan but now works and lives in connecticut thinks uconn is better that rutgers. my god that sounds like a invite to me.

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
soooo......a random guy who went to michigan but now works and lives in connecticut thinks uconn is better that rutgers. my god that sounds like a invite to me.
Persistent message board rumors have been made from weaker stuff...

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
This thread is the equivalent of Spicoli and Jefferson's Brother crashing the Titanic into an iceberg, looking at the damage, and Spicoli (HuskyFanDan) saying "my old man is a television repairman, he's got this ultimate set of tools. I can fix it."

I like the combination of acceptance of a horrendous situation and unrealistic optimism about an unlikely future.

RMoore1999

Illegitimi Non Carborundum!
Reaction Score
This thread is the equivalent of Spicoli and Jefferson's Brother crashing the Titanic into an iceberg, looking at the damage, and Spicoli (HuskyFanDan) saying "my old man is a television repairman, he's got this ultimate set of tools. I can fix it."

I like the combination of acceptance of a horrendous situation and unrealistic optimism about an unlikely future.

Nelson, did ESPN pay out the additional $70M yet to keep the wolves away from FSU, UNC, UVA and crew so the ACC can live on? If not, when should we expect that news? Do you think it will come before or after B1G, SEC and B12 announce they are foregoing any additional expansion?

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Nelson, did ESPN pay out the additional $70M yet to keep the wolves away from FSU, UNC, UVA and crew so the ACC can live on? If not, when should we expect that news? Do you think it will come before or after B1G, SEC and B12 announce they are foregoing any additional expansion?

The B1G, SEC and Big 12 have never announced they will not add UConn, so the invitations must be in the mail right now!!!!

RMoore1999

Illegitimi Non Carborundum!
Reaction Score
The B1G, SEC and Big 12 have never announced they will not add UConn, so the invitations must be in the mail right now!!!!

Unlikely an invitation is in the mail right now; could be another couple weeks to 20 months or so for the invite to be extended. And even then, I think its unlikely it will be mailed. A phone call is more likely, followed by an actual contract.

I'm interested to see what you and your friends are going to do for fun when that day arrives...

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Unlikely an invitation is in the mail right now; could be another couple weeks to 20 months or so for the invite to be extended. And even then, I think its unlikely it will be mailed. A phone call is more likely, followed by an actual contract.

I'm interested to see what you and your friends are going to do for fun when that day arrives...

cesspool

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score

???

I am not like Whaler or Zls who are rooting for the program to fail. I am just being honest about the likely outcome. If UConn wants to remain competitive with the majors in football, it has to be prepared to lose a lot of money for a long time.

zls44

Reaction Score
???

I am not like Whaler or Zls who are rooting for the program to fail. I am just being honest about the likely outcome. If UConn wants to remain competitive with the majors in football, it has to be prepared to lose a lot of money for a long time.

You wouldn't know a shade of grey if it hit you in the head.

I speak in realities. You dance on graves before they are dug.

Difference.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I love it. Scdono tries to make a positive thread full of hope, and instead, it fills full of....... :confused:

Reaction Score
Nelson has to be Carl's Alter Ego, one eternally optimistic, the other always pessimistic.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
You wouldn't know a shade of grey if it hit you in the head.

I speak in realities. You dance on graves before they are dug.

Difference.

You lecture us about why we should be happy about the s*** sandwich ESPN has served us.

I speak in realities.

zls44

Reaction Score
You lecture us about why we should be happy about the s*** sandwich ESPN has served us.

I speak in realities.

Reality: ESPN offered the Big East over a BILLION DOLLARS and the Big East said no.

That's not ESPNs fault.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Reality: ESPN offered the Big East over a BILLION DOLLARS and the Big East said no.

That's not ESPNs fault.
Because that big east was worth more. Even if they signed teams would have left and we'd be in the same position. Why continue to mention it as if it would have made any difference.

Reaction Score

I speak in realities.
Not for nothing, I think we all recognize the reality of the situation. It would take a fool not to recognize that AT THE MOMENT it appears UConn has been left behind. Six months ago Rutgers and Louisville could have said the same thing. As they say, the situation is fluid and it is unlikely that conference realignment is done. I'm glad the University recognizes it and continue to move forward as a big time university with a developing athletic program. What more can you say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom