The Athletic WBB Rankings | The Boneyard

The Athletic WBB Rankings

Reaction Score
Wow. Loving the rankings. Got a few teams ranked in some interesting places though but it is preseason.

Reaction Score
Cool and informative article. Here is a small sampling of some of the info discussed.

"As squads rebuilt, reloaded and re-tooled this offseason, The Athletic took notice (and took lots of notes).

1 LSU Tigers
2 UConn Huskies
3 UCLA Bruins
4 South Carolina Gamecocks
5 Utah Utes
6 Iowa Hawkeyes
7 Ohio State Buckeyes
8 Virginia Tech Hokies
9 Indiana Hoosiers
10 Texas Longhorns
11 Notre Dame Fighting Irish
12 Tennessee Lady Vols
13 North Carolina Tar Heels
14 Ole Miss Rebels
15 Maryland Terrapins
16 Florida State Seminoles
17 Colorado Buffaloes
18 Stanford Cardinal
19 Louisville Cardinals
20 Baylor Bears"

Reaction Score
Cool and informative article. Here is a small sampling of some of the info discussed.

"As squads rebuilt, reloaded and re-tooled this offseason, The Athletic took notice (and took lots of notes).

1 LSU Tigers
2 UConn Huskies
3 UCLA Bruins
5 Utah Utes
6 Iowa Hawkeyes
7 Ohio State Buckeyes
8 Virginia Tech Hokies
9 Indiana Hoosiers
10 Texas Longhorns
12 Tennessee Lady Vols
14 Ole Miss Rebels
15 Maryland Terrapins
17 Colorado Buffaloes
18 Stanford Cardinal
19 Louisville Cardinals
20 Baylor Bears"

What's the starting lineup?

Reaction Score
That's a very good line up. Depending on the game you don't lose anything switching Aubrey with any number of players such as Ice and Caroline. Of course that's just to start, the regular rotation should get plenty of minutes.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Need to subscribe to the Athletic ($1 month) in order to see/read article.
If you're reading it on an i-phone, AA in the upper left and then tap show reader.

IMG_0292.jpeg

IMG_0293.jpeg

That said, the athletic is worth the buck a month for the initial subscription. It jumps up to $7.50 a month after a year.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
At this point (before the season starts) I would give the nod to Kamilla Cardoso as the best big big (6'6"+) in the country (perhaps not as impactful as bigs such as Aaliyah Edwards or Cameron Brink). Cardoso played for Team Brazil earning MVP of the Americup Tournament. She runs the court better than Lauren Betts and uses her long wingspan to score, rebound and defend quite effectively. A rising senior Cardoso has played 92 games averaging 19 minutes per game at the D1 level compared to rising soph Betts' 33 games at 10 mpg.

Reaction Score
Some of you may know that the NY Times has shut down its sports section. The Athletic is meant to take its place, and there is a daily link to sports stories on The Athletic at the Times. Wherever you go, it's gonna cost you a buck (and more to come). Major newspapers are bleeding red ink and may be doomed. My WashPost, for example, is losing 100 mil/yr. Think Jeff B. is happy about that?

Reaction Score

1 LSU Tigers
2 UConn Huskies
3 UCLA Bruins
5 Utah Utes
6 Iowa Hawkeyes
7 Ohio State Buckeyes
8 Virginia Tech Hokies
9 Indiana Hoosiers
10 Texas Longhorns
12 Tennessee Lady Vols
14 Ole Miss Rebels
15 Maryland Terrapins
17 Colorado Buffaloes
18 Stanford Cardinal
19 Louisville Cardinals
20 Baylor Bears"
UCLA too high, North Carolina & Stanford too low.

Reaction Score
At this point (before the season starts) I would give the nod to Kamilla Cardoso as the best big big (6'6"+) in the country (perhaps not as impactful as bigs such as Aaliyah Edwards or Cameron Brink). Cardoso played for Team Brazil earning MVP of the Americup Tournament. She runs the court better than Lauren Betts and uses her long wingspan to score, rebound and defend quite effectively. A rising senior Cardoso has played 92 games averaging 19 minutes per game at the D1 level compared to rising soph Betts' 33 games at 10 mpg.
Oh, I also want Kamilla to prove herself to be the best BIG but, let's all keep Ayoka Lee in mind. She earned that respect before her injury!

Reaction Score
UCONN won't need anyone bigger than AE and Ice. I can't think of a big in the country that will be able to run the floor and keep up with UCONN so I think you will see them go small to match up. Go small, go fast, and have Paige, Azzi and your best 3pt shooter left on the floor and see if the other team can keep up. In my opinion UCONN is going to run a lot of teams on this list out of the gym including LSU.

Reaction Score

1 LSU Tigers
2 UConn Huskies
3 UCLA Bruins
5 Utah Utes
6 Iowa Hawkeyes
7 Ohio State Buckeyes
8 Virginia Tech Hokies
9 Indiana Hoosiers
10 Texas Longhorns
12 Tennessee Lady Vols
14 Ole Miss Rebels
15 Maryland Terrapins
17 Colorado Buffaloes
18 Stanford Cardinal
19 Louisville Cardinals
20 Baylor Bears"
Should be interesting. Haven't seen names like "Colorado" on Top 20 or "Utah" in Top5 lists in a long time.

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
Betts hardly played last year at Stanford, thus why she transferred. With little experience, Aaliyah will eat her up.

Reaction Score
At this point (before the season starts) I would give the nod to Kamilla Cardoso as the best big big (6'6"+) in the country
but, let's all keep Ayoka Lee in mind.
I agree with both comments. Betts has promise, but Kamila and Ayoka have proven themselves. Unless Lee's knee has slowed her too much, Betts comes in a distant third in this group.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom