The Athletic WBB Rankings | Page 2 | The Boneyard

The Athletic WBB Rankings

Reaction Score
I agree with both comments. Betts has promise, but Kamila and Ayoka have proven themselves. Unless Lee's knee has slowed her too much, Betts comes in a distant third in this group.
Brink?

Betts, for sure, would have to be below Brink - in the preseason

Reaction Score
Brink?

Betts, for sure, would have to be below Brink - in the preseason
Yes indeed. But I was responding to a comment that only asked about players 6’6” and taller.

Reaction Score
Not sure what other teams schedule looks like, but UCONN, facing 9 preseason top 25 teams is pretty damn incredible. In comparison to last year's finalist (LSU, Iowa) non conference schedule.

Reaction Score
Not sure what other teams schedule looks like, but UCONN, facing 9 preseason top 25 teams is pretty damn incredible. In comparison to last year's finalist (LSU, Iowa) non conference schedule.
If we can stay healthy, I feel we can handle it. GO HUSKIES!!

Reaction Score
Your issue with Iowa's '22-23 schedule? The Hawkeyes played Kansas State (expecting Lee to be in the lineup), UConn, NC State and Iowa State before starting a Big 10 schedule that was much more challenging than the Huskies' Big East schedule.

Guessing that Ohio State, Indiana, Maryland and possibly others were pre-season Top 25, that means Iowa played a darned tough schedule.

As for LSU's '22-23 schedule, I thought we had put that to bed a while ago. It was a cruise through lots of weak opponents, but the Tigers did win the title, right?

Let's just be happy that Geno loves challenging his team(s) to tough schedules. That approach has served the Huskies well, and it's more fun for us fans.

Reaction Score
Your issue with Iowa's '22-23 schedule? The Hawkeyes played Kansas State (expecting Lee to be in the lineup), UConn, NC State and Iowa State before starting a Big 10 schedule that was much more challenging than the Huskies' Big East schedule.

Guessing that Ohio State, Indiana, Maryland and possibly others were pre-season Top 25, that means Iowa played a darned tough schedule.

As for LSU's '22-23 schedule, I thought we had put that to bed a while ago. It was a cruise through lots of weak opponents, but the Tigers did win the title, right?

Let's just be happy that Geno loves challenging his team(s) to tough schedules. That approach has served the Huskies well, and it's more fun for us fans.
Not sure what you're getting at in your reply. Simply applauding a top program willing to take risk with it's 23-24 schedule. My message has nothing to do with last year's teams and their schedules.

Reaction Score
If we can stay healthy, I feel we can handle it. GO HUSKIES!!
I hate you go here. But if healthy last two years I think things would be different.
Health is wealth for us. Go Huskies!

Reaction Score

I agree but I'd wager that if Betts were moving to UConn instead of UCLA the comment would have been more like this:
Betts, a highly touted recruit, was disappointing in her freshman season and is a questionable addition in Storrs.

:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
A. The best schedule for the fans. - ?

B. The best schedule for the team - ?

C. The best schedule for the coach. - ?

A & B would be very similar. For most college fans AD's, a successful season is winning most of the home games and doing well in the post season. Mulkey has in essence extended LSU's exhibition season into January. Not as much this year as last but still extremely weak overall. But who cares? This isn't Storrs, it's Baton Rouge, where wcbb is a flea on the back of football until mid-January. All that most LSU fans know is that she won a title.

Then there is

D. The best schedule for the media - ?

Whatever generates the most revenue.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Need to subscribe to the Athletic ($1 month) in order to see/read article.
If you already have a NYT subscription, they are offering an add on for The Athletic. My scrip to the latter was a standalone and expiring this month. I went to cancel, they offered a cheaper rate, and then offered it as an add-on to NYT and gave me a year of Games free, so it pays to click the cancel button.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom