That helmet logo brawl again!! | Page 2 | The Boneyard

That helmet logo brawl again!!

Reaction Score
the Nebraska "N", the michigan wings, the princeton wings, the Ohio State silver and buckeye stickers, the Alabama numbers - see the trend? stability.

Block C is clean, is football's own (which is fine, we dont NEED to align perfectly to the rest of the uconn teams, the examples above prove this point)

and like it or not, is the branding that was used during our most relevant era in the college football landscape. Our fiesta bowl content (pics/video/broadcast coverage) is all Block C.

You can be over RE/RE2.0 while still embracing the * moderate * BigEast success that we so fondly discuss on the forum. Block C is that. And it's ok.
stay there and create a new story with it.

Reaction Score
I like the “New” Husky on the White helmet, the block C on the Blue helmet. Let’s go with that tradition.
IMG_6419.jpeg

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I'd personally go with the old 90s UConn or Huskies script they used feature. Sort of like Florida Gators.

They had an iteration of that in the past but it wasn't the exact script I'm referring to.

Reaction Score
The Husky mascot not unique to UConn, so it should NOT be used on the helmet. The Block C is classic/unique to UConn and underscores that we are THE state flagship of Connecticut. College football is very "tradition based", so having a classic AND unique look is critical. The perfect classic/unique look is the white helmet with the blue Block C.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
College sports are about tradition, which is something I think UConn struggles with. Pick something, anything, and establish a brand and identity.
This is why they abandoned the Block C and all other sport specific logos aside from baseball. The goal is to create unified front behind the new Husky logo. Unfortunately a bunch of fans are buttwipes who love to talk about the prestige and tradition of a logo the existed for 5 minutes

Reaction Score
Case closed. You're wrong.

images-1.jpg
The only Christmas gift I asked for arrived today. She said not until Christmas. For the record I am all about the Block C for football, but I follow multiple sports UConn and needed a hook C hat.
And for the record… I’m a block C guy. It looked cleanest with the stripe. I think that was new addition. Husky dog is alright.
Agree with the block C for football it was gaining traction when abandoned..........
College sports are about tradition, which is something I think UConn struggles with. Pick something, anything, and establish a brand and identity.
We had one........... Susie and Warde sold out to NIKE, the smiling dog logo had 11 national championships under it's collar! Nothing like kicking with a smile. ;) I personally asked Warde if he were at Michigan would he change the block M, this not thinking he would ever be back there but I got fluff for a reply.
If we're going to have this serious discussion again, can somebody remind me why we are the Huskies?
Word passed down generational has it the players in the early days refused to be called the Jerseys, the Holsteins or even just the Cows. It was a utterly sporting debate a the time with the Agri students losing to the athletes.

Reaction Score
the Nebraska "N", the michigan wings, the princeton wings, the Ohio State silver and buckeye stickers, the Alabama numbers - see the trend? stability.

UConn needs a solid logo that is as the bricks and the ivy.

Reaction Score
I really liked the ribbon helmets from 2022. I know it was for the awareness theme (month?, week?, I can't remember) But what better way to keep those causes at the forefront and also raise awareness for the team if we do something way outside the box that could get the media chatting. I didnt like the ones with the Husky on top of the ribbon as much, but that could be more palatable to some, or maybe the C on it. The C and the husky logo by themselves sure haven't worked to raise anything for the team thus far, except riling up people on here.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
This is why they abandoned the Block C and all other sport specific logos aside from baseball. The goal is to create unified front behind the new Husky logo. Unfortunately a bunch of fans are buttwipes who love to talk about the prestige and tradition of a logo the existed for 5 minutes
Also the decision to stand behind a single brand lasted all of about 30 seconds. it was a decision derivative of a consultants report and completely devoid of any thought about tradition.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
I like the “New” Husky on the White helmet, the block C on the Blue helmet. Let’s go with that tradition.
View attachment 94068

Make the dog 10% bigger and I think we can agree on a deal. I'm not all that fond of the Block C on the white helmets.

Reaction Score
We had one........... Susie and Warde sold out to NIKE, the smiling dog logo had 11 national championships under it's collar! Nothing like kicking with a smile. ;) I personally asked Warde if he were at Michigan would he change the block M, this not thinking he would ever be back there but I got fluff for a reply.
The smiling Wolverine is in development.

Reaction Score
Well, since we're having the same debate we do at least semi annually, let me add the same graphic that I always do:

View attachment 94090
I like #2.

I’m a believer in consistency within teams. You don’t need it between sports. As long as they all where National Flag Blue and White does anyone care if men’s basketball says Connecticut, women’s say UCONN Hockey days HUSKIES and baseball has the hook C and football the Block C? Yeah, when they use the Husky logo it should be the same one (and it should be white with blue eyes as it was for 75 years and was the officially adopted standard since at least the 1950s). As for football, I think Blue shirts, white pants, blue helmets with the Block C look best at home. All white with blue helmets and Block C on the road. Maybe 1, but only 1, special uniform for a special game (home coming or a big opponent to get the crowd pumped) there are only 12 games. You don’t need 12 uniforms.

Reaction Score
Could be worse. You could have the blank white Penn State helmets, or the sick gold ND helmets, or Alabamas bland helmet design. First and foremost, how about improving the product on the field instead carrying on about the helmets. Gaudy helmets and uniforms don't win ballgames talent and coaching wins games.

Reaction Score
Block CT on one side and block 06 on the other. I joke. Actually I like the script, either blue on white or white on blue. Let the season ticket holders select the helmet and unis each year.

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
Like the ones during PP’s time with husky in front middle of the helmet

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member