That helmet logo brawl again!! | The Boneyard

That helmet logo brawl again!!

geordi

Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel
Reaction Score
OK. One more time. The block 'C' vs the mascot. Put me up at the head of the mascot line. The C is mundane, shows a lack of creativity, and does NOT relate to UConn any more than can relate to anything beginning with the letter C. Creighton! Charlotte! Clemson! Cincinnati! Colorado! California! or a host of others.

While I recognize that there are many out there who have some affinity for it, I believe that it just doesn't provide the focus on Connecticut that it should. And just to reinforce that position, I just came across this tidbit evaluating what some consider to be the best and worst college logos. Isn't it interesting that the 'best' are exciting, very creative, evokes pride while those considered worst and nothing but capital letters.

Reaction Score
OK. One more time. The block 'C' vs the mascot. Put me up at the head of the mascot line. The C is mundane, shows a lack of creativity, and does NOT relate to UConn any more than can relate to anything beginning with the letter C. Creighton! Charlotte! Clemson! Cincinnati! Colorado! California! or a host of others.

While I recognize that there are many out there who have some affinity for it, I believe that it just doesn't provide the focus on Connecticut that it should. And just to reinforce that position, I just came across this tidbit evaluating what some consider to be the best and worst college logos. Isn't it interesting that the 'best' are exciting, very creative, evokes pride while those considered worst and nothing but capital letters.

Stop

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Ngapa Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

KryHavok

Oh yes, UConn IS a BB blueblood!
Reaction Score
I'm on record of wanting the 90's Huskies logo on the helmet, but there is something in the simplicity of the block C that's classic and no nonsense. Last year or so, someone posted a rendering of the block C with a red outline I believe that looked good. Hell, even blue C on white helmet is growing on me. But I dun like the current Husky logo for the helmet...use the pic as a shoulder patch with block C helmet.

Reaction Score
The Husky looked like a sticker with a different shade of blue. It looked very Pop Warner.
I love the block C. I hate when I see a car with jersey plates cut me off with their R sticker.

How would the Hook C look?

CL82

Reaction Score
The Husky looked like a sticker with a different shade of blue. It looked very Pop Warner.
I love the block C. I hate when I see a car with jersey plates cut me off with their R sticker.

How would the Hook C look?
Hook C looks too basebally to me.

CL82

Reaction Score
Why not both? The C and husky interlaced
I'll tell you I could do either BC, or the husky, preferably the white dog version, superimposed over an outline of the state of Connecticut. I love the way that looks.

IMG_1115.jpeg

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
The Cub Scout dog sticker on our helmets is teeny tiny. Make it stand out. The block C is decent.
Look at Kansas‘ Jayhawk.
And while you’re at it put UConn in large caps.
1702517577888.jpeg

Reaction Score
I'm on record of wanting the 90's Huskies logo on the helmet, but there is something in the simplicity of the block C that's classic and no nonsense. Last year or so, someone posted a rendering of the block C with a red outline I believe that looked good. Hell, even blue C on white helmet is growing on me. But I dun like the current Husky logo for the helmet...use the pic as a shoulder patch with block C helmet.
this is my take. It is simple. there is no BS about it.

Personally I think both logo marks have their place in the world. I think for instance the husky dog logo is better on center court of the basketball game and the C logo is better on the 50 yard line. There is no problem to me if primary and secondary switches between sports. Now, if the athletic department is sending something on official letterhead, then yes. one brand. We had two logos during the "first block C" era with the white fluffy husky logo. We can work with this.

That being said, I still want that hoodie that was stolen from me 10 years ago back. I looked awesome in that thing.

Reaction Score
I like both, but lean Husky head...just looks better.

Anyone know if UConn is due to get new football jerseys next season??

Reaction Score
I like both, but lean Husky head...just looks better.

Anyone know if UConn is due to get new football jerseys next season??
I think we are due next year. It feels about that time.

And for the record… I’m a block C guy. It looked cleanest with the stripe. I think that was new addition. Husky dog is alright.

I still think it would be cool to do a white husky dog throwback game. Either 00’s Husky or sad dog husky for fun. Something new and get people talking.

Reaction Score
Generally I prefer the block C as the husky is too cartoonish or clip-arty. I wouldn't mind from time to time having a depiction of the state with the players number inside. For example, on a white helmet a blue state image with white numbers inside. I wouldn't use it all the time, maybe when playing local teams. I think I'm so old I just like simple stuff...

Reaction Score

Case closed. You're wrong.

images-1.jpg

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
If we're going to have this serious discussion again, can somebody remind me why we are the Huskies?

Reaction Score
The husky logo is too narrow. It leaves too much space. Especially on the blue helmet since the outline of the logo is blue, so it makes it look even more narrow since it blends in with the helmet.
I agree. I’ve seen photo mock-ups with a little larger husky logo on the sides & I think it looks better.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
I always assumed it was because UConn sounds just like Yukon, the Canadian province where huskies are used as sled dogs?
Me too. Wikipedia says we were still the Conn Agri. School in 1934 when "Husky" won a student poll. Maybe they knew UConn (Yukon) was coming in 1937?

Reaction Score
Me too. Wikipedia says we were still the Conn Agri. School in 1934 when "Husky" won a student poll. Maybe they knew UConn (Yukon) was coming in 1937?
I read that same article. Yeah, it could be that when "Huskies" was adopted, it was already know that University status was coming and that Connecticut State College was an interim name until they could meet the requirements of being a University. Maybe. It is interesting that the Student Body President of the 1935 class stated in an interview that Huskies was adopted because of the UConn/Yukon association.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom