That helmet logo brawl again!! | Page 3 | The Boneyard

That helmet logo brawl again!!

Reaction Score
This is why they abandoned the Block C and all other sport specific logos aside from baseball. The goal is to create unified front behind the new Husky logo. Unfortunately a bunch of fans are buttwipes who love to talk about the prestige and tradition of a logo the existed for 5 minutes
That's what their said, they could have unified under the block C. Reality is they wanted to sell a new animal head to move more product than the old animal head.

Reaction Score
Make the dog 10% bigger and I think we can agree on a deal. I'm not all that fond of the Block C on the white helmets.
I like that idea. I agree the dog should be larger. Do that, and we fans will have solved the helmet issue. Now we can move on to player development and in-game coaching strategies.

Reaction Score
That's what their said, they could have unified under the block C. Reality is they wanted to sell a new animal head to move more product than the old animal head.
They said it for about a week. Then Nike decided they could make more bringing back the 1999 men’s uniform, and the 1995 Women’s uniform and rage alternate blue hockey one…and they gave in on the hook C for baseball, so there was a special hat to sell there, and amazingly consistency wasn’t that critical anymore.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
We were going to put the block C on our basketball uniforms? You people are ridiculous

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
They said it for about a week. Then Nike decided they could make more bringing back the 1999 men’s uniform, and the 1995 Women’s uniform and rage alternate blue hockey one…and they gave in on the hook C for baseball, so there was a special hat to sell there, and amazingly consistency wasn’t that critical anymore.
The block c was just a terrible boring logo with less tradition than jehovah witness Christmas

Reaction Score
This is the Land of Steady Habits. Block C fits UConn perfectly.

Reaction Score
Just about every school has multiple helmet designs now, so why not just keep both the Block C and the Husky head in regular rotation? (Maybe even try the old script throwback for a game or two?)

1983-89-uconn-v2.png

Reaction Score
We were going to put the block C on our basketball uniforms? You people are ridiculous
That’s the point. There was no need to do that. and after all the fuss about consistency they abandoned it after a minute, anyway. BTW I’m pretty sure the Celtics had an alternate Jersey with just a C a few years ago.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
The only place where the block C is a nationally recognized symbol of UConn football is the few hundred people on this board that think it is. Outside of the 860 nobody has any idea what the hell it is. I say that as someone who likes the block C.

It's akin to changing the mascot from an all white happy husky to the more menacing wolf. Again, im someone who likes the new wolf husky too.

Give me 90s Huskies as the global UConn sports logo and Huskies or UConn on the helmets in script. Maybe a block C as an alternate. No different than the Florida Gators.

Reaction Score
Give me UConn on the helmets in script. No different than the Florida Gators.
Florida Gators have a horrible helmet. They have better players, but a worse helmet design than we do. On the other hand I haven't heard any of my Gator friends ever complain about their helmet. Maybe that says it all about where we should be placing our emphasis.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
That’s the point. There was no need to do that. and after all the fuss about consistency they abandoned it after a minute, anyway. BTW I’m pretty sure the Celtics had an alternate Jersey with just a C a few years ago.
They did not abandon the new stuff. Throwbacks and vintage logos are popular right now. Other logos such as the C and basketball WBB used and the inter locking UC MBB are gone and featured on throwbacks if at all. The 1995 MBB throwbacks that were referenced were worn in like 2006. 7 years before the new logo

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Florida Gators have a horrible helmet. They have better players, but a worse helmet design than we do. On the other hand I haven't heard any of my Gator friends ever complain about their helmet. Maybe that says it all about where we should be placing our emphasis.

That's...your opinion? They have been wearing the script helmet since 1979 and it's instantly recognizable. For college programs whos primary logo isn't either a) a letter, i.e. Tennessee or b) a silhouette, i.e. Texas, your options for a nice looking helmet become limited.

That's why the Florida gator doesn't appear on the helmet, or when schools does put the logo on like the Kansas Jayhawk it looks dumb.

Reaction Score
It's the week before Christmas. There isn't much else to talk about at the moment.

Hey, Hockey brought back the retro sweaters. They look good too.

Reaction Score
It's the week before Christmas. There isn't much else to talk about at the moment.

Hey, Hockey brought back the retro sweaters. They look good too.
what kind of retro? Like when I was watching the team put the puck in their own net on a power play extra attacker situation?

Reaction Score
what kind of retro? Like when I was watching the team put the puck in their own net on a power play extra attacker situation?
If you don't want that to happen, it is simple. Don't watch. ;)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom