Texas at Tennessee on Sunday - Who Wins? (Poll) | The Boneyard

Texas at Tennessee on Sunday - Who Wins? (Poll)

Texas at Tennessee on Sunday - Who Wins?

• Texas

Votes: 100 82.6%
  • Tennessee

Votes: 21 17.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction Score
And what do you think the margin of victory will be.

#2 Texas is 7-0. #11 Tennessee is 9-0.

I'll do a recap of the wisdom of the crowd after the poll closes and disclose the average MOV for both teams.

The game is on ESPN2 at 3:00 p.m. eastern.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I was over reading on Volnation and some think TN could will by 15. I can't see TN getting closer than 20. I Can't wait for the comments after the game. I just hope the NCAA committee will break down and put them in our bracket this year.

Reaction Score
Love the new avatar Java,every bit as oxymoronic as a bitter sweet jumbo shrimp.cool. Neither team has really played much decent competition but Tennessee relies on a lot of freshmen at this point.Hope the refs don't get intimidated in Knutsville and hand the game to the voles.

Reaction Score
I voted for TN---I'm not sure they will lose or win--but I'd like to see Nared (my fav Vol) and Russell to get some bragging rights. So ---take your pot shots, I don't hate Tn ==only Holly is around from the bad times. None of the kids.

Reaction Score
I think TN is legit. I think they'll make a strong run at E8 with an outside shot at F4. With the game in Knoxville and Tx without Holmes I say TN by 1.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Frankly I think it will come down to shot making, execution and Texas' experience in the back court.
The main reason I said that. Is both teams like to create turnovers and score in transition. So if one team has say 20 turnovers, they probably won't win. Yes Texas will be favored in the game. I think we will know more about both teams after the game.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Texas wins easily. Tennessee is going learn the difference between playing the likes of Troy, Central Arkansas, and Alabama State and a legit Top 5 team like Texas.
I have Tx by 20, but it ain't as if they've played anyone this year either. This is the first real game for either team. I just think Tx's experience and overall talent is more and better than the Vols.

Reaction Score
I like Atkins and McCarty. J.White is starting to come on as well. So... TX over the Fabulous Freshman. Nared and Russell will have a good game but they are not enough. TX by 8

Reaction Score
As much as Tenn will be relying on freshmen and that Texas is the AP No 2 team I would think that the spread would be double digits. But IMO Texas' ranking is crazy. They have played just as weak an early schedule as the Vols and have a lot to prove to me before I see them as a top 4 team.
I hope Tenn wins. I want to see Tenn in UConn's bracket and as I see it the only way that will happen is if they are a 2 or 3 seed and both S Car & Miss St get 1 seeds, thereby precluding the Vols from being in either of their brackets. For the Vols to get a high seed they will need one or two marquee wins. Their other big games this season are S Car twice, Miss St, & N Dame and I don't see them winning any of those. So they need to win tomorrow to establish themselves.

But as much as I want them to win it will be impossible for me to root for them. I like the team and the coach but a small segment of their fanbase has and continues to slander UConn and I wish that segment nothing but pain and suffering as far as their team is concerned. A flaw in my character for sure but there nonetheless.

Reaction Score
And what do you think the margin of victory will be.

#2 Texas is 7-0. #11 Tennessee is 9-0.

I'll do a recap of the wisdom of the crowd after the poll closes and disclose the average MOV for both teams.

The game is on ESPN2 at 3:00 p.m. eastern.
Texas by 15

Reaction Score
I think TN is legit. I think they'll make a strong run at E8 with an outside shot at F4. With the game in Knoxville and Tx without Holmes I say TN by 1.
With added national attention, predict this is a break out game for Texas who will dominate most of the game, winning by over 15.

Reaction Score
I voted for Texas. IMO, I have been hearing how great Texas is becoming, they have been getting good recruits over the past few years and building a good program...it's time to put up or shut up. I realize Tenn has the #1 recruiting class in the house, but due to their "offensive" OOC games so far this year I cannot give them the win, Texas is the more experienced team, they will (should) prevail. :rolleyes:

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Texas does have senior guards in Atkins and McCarthy. Tennessee also has seniors in Russell and Nared.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom