Tevin Mack (Committed to Texas) | Page 14 | The Boneyard

Tevin Mack (Committed to Texas)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Its always the loud minority of a fanbase that shapes our perceptions of the sum. See PC with sean and friars08. I have chatted in the past with some VCU fans on a national board that are embarrassed by their ram nation comrades.
There's a few posters in this forum I'd like to send over there. I'd call that forum head cases united!

Reaction Score
One of the VCU posters is saying Mack shouldn't go to UConn because Nnamdi Amilo will be a senior next year and will take his playing time, lol.
There are some very entertaining posts in that thread. They also decided that Terrance Samuel is a SG, Omar is only a Sg, Jalen Adams will only be a SG. Basically everyone on our roster is a SG in their world.

Reaction Score
I like how that one VCU fan used preseason rankings from CBS Sports where VCU is 18 and UConn is 22 to refute Mack's comment that UConn was a highly ranked program.
That was awesome. You would think another poster there would point out that is obviously not what Mack meant in terms of being highly ranked program, but nope. They were all on board with it.

Reaction Score
There are some very entertaining posts in that thread. They also decided that Terrance Samuel is a SG, Omar is only a Sg, Jalen Adams will only be a SG. Basically everyone on our roster is a SG in their world.

The entire message board is an experiment of the power of positive thinking.

Reaction Score
The entire message board is an experiment of the power of positive thinking.
Seriously- I can't believe they still have a thread going from when they made the final four.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I guess I have blinders to other boards. It's not total blinders I'll admit. I did meander off once to a Syracuse forum that had pronounced UConn dead a year ago and got quite a bit of satisfaction watching those same individual balloons deflate when UConn made it's run last season. There is a part of me that hasn't evolved. Perhaps several parts.

But I rarely need to venture out past our little group of cronies. I like the view from our mountain top. Insisting they know what it's like to be here, or pointing out to them their vistas are second rate is counter productive imo. It distracts from breathing it all in. Is this arrogance. I don't think so. To me it's a confident satisfaction that comes from an incredible amount of success. What a wonderful run we've had as UConn fans. I don't need the press or fans from other teams validating this beautiful mountain view.

To use another analogy, if you live in the penthouse of an upscale building, why bother comparing yourself to the slum building a mile away. Just be charitable to the inhabitants of that dwelling.

Reaction Score
Seriously- I can't believe they still have a thread going from when they made the final four.
I bet you their keeping a 3+ year old thread associated with ther single display of relevance is what is perpetuating the delusion that they are even in the same universe as a program like UConn

caw

Reaction Score
For VCU lurkers (and there must be some):

Here are the PGs/SGs and SFs on UConn if everyone stays when Mack would be a freshman:

Sam Cassell (PG/SG)
Rodney Purvid (SG)
Omar Calhoun (SF/SG)
Terrence Samuel (PG/SG)
Daniel Hamilton (SG/SF)
Jalen Adams (PG)

There now you have accurate info. Mack would likely play the 2/3 but Ollie apparently wants 4 guys who can handle the ball on the floor.

Reaction Score
UGA just picked up a commitment from a SF today. Definitely can't hurt.
Is it asking to much for you and Kermit to provide a link to the commitment? That way I don't have to search for it. Georgia basketball is not on the top of my TO DO LIST for google searches. :)

Thanks in advance...

Reaction Score
I really need to stop going on to other team's boards. I actually liked VCU before I checked in on their forum - they were the scrappy team that ran a great system and had an incredibly likable head coach. I didn't even mind when they poached that Terry Kasongo kid from us a few years ago. But it's almost impossible to read some of the ridiculousness they post and not want to play them during one of our magical tourney runs just to crush them.

And sure, I know what they say shouldn't affect us as UConn fans, what with the whole four chips in 15 years thing, and the assembly lion of NBA talent we've had going on, and the whole "lions don't concern themselves with the opinions of sheep", blah blah blah, but every once in awhile wouldn't it be nice to see the lion roll down to the sheep's spot and embarrass him on national TV? There's a reason everyone thought that scene in Jurassic Park where the TRex mauls the chained up goat was cool, and it isn't because the audience was cheering for the goat.

Dynasty

Never not member
Reaction Score
I really need to stop going on to other team's boards. I actually liked VCU before I checked in on their forum - they were the scrappy team that ran a great system and had an incredibly likable head coach. I didn't even mind when they poached that Terry Kasongo kid from us a few years ago. But it's almost impossible to read some of the ridiculousness they post and not want to play them during one of our magical tourney runs just to crush them.

And sure, I know what they say shouldn't affect us as UConn fans, what with the whole four chips in 15 years thing, and the assembly lion of NBA talent we've had going on, and the whole "lions don't concern themselves with the opinions of sheep", blah blah blah, but every once in awhile wouldn't it be nice to see the lion roll down to the sheep's spot and embarrass him on national TV? There's a reason everyone thought that scene in Jurassic Park where the TRex mauls the chained up goat was cool, and it isn't because the audience was cheering for the goat.

It wasn't Terry Kasongo they took from us. It was Ray Larrier. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom