Ten years ago today | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Ten years ago today

Reaction Score
i was in sixth grade checking my cell phone for the score during recess when this happened. didn't see it live but happy to run home and see on sportscenter what happened. then I was like oh, no wonder we won by 2, from the dirtiest stepback ever!

Reaction Score
What's the O/U on how many times this clip gets played during the BET this week?
Had to sign in just to "like" the OP.

FS1/the Fox Sports networks have already been showing this clip for at least a week in their commercial montage of great past BET moments to advertise this year's BET. They also show UConn (Ray Allen) vs. Georgetown (Iverson).

Reaction Score
this is one of those “i remember where i was” moments.

for me, i was in grad school at stanford at the time. i was watching the game on my laptop in the student union with my headphones on.

i was engrossed in the game, so when kemba hit the shot i jumped out of my seat and yelled “yes!!!” like i was at the garden. then realized there were 100+ people in a dead quiet student union staring at me with no idea what i was so excited about.

i quickly packed up and walk out with the biggest grin on my face.

Reaction Score
Legend.

Once that happened you knew the rest of the postseason could be a magical run. And was it ever.

Kemba cemented his place in UConn lore that day.

View attachment 65545
Always liked that photo. It shows that no matter what, when the chips were down, Gary McGhee was simply not going to let Oriakhi’s right knee beat them.

Reaction Score
Great shot, but I will still never forgive Kemba for not stepping back behind the line and making the final 77-74.

The kid just never respected our history.

Reaction Score
I watch that play at least once a year and speak to my friends about that play all the time. JC’s reaction was priceless!! I was in a pretty busy Plainville sliders with a buddy of mine and I remember the place going nuts. Awesome awesome moment.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Always liked that photo. It shows that no matter what, when the chips were down, Gary McGhee was simply not going to let Oriakhi’s right knee beat them.
nyhuskyfan in the house

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
I remember when a lot of people predicted us to lose to Cincy in the third round (then) or even Bucknell because they thought we would be tired. It's like they thought we were Syracuse, who after winning four games in four days, decided to lose in the 5/12 game to Texas A&M.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Legend.

Once that happened you knew the rest of the postseason could be a magical run. And was it ever.

Kemba cemented his place in UConn lore that day.

View attachment 65545

That's the picture you put in the center of your "I Love Me" wall with highlights and mementos of your career.

Reaction Score
That's the picture you put in the center of your "I Love Me" wall with highlights and mementos of your career.
truly amazing. look how high the ball is when he releases it. and look how low his defender is. as was said, Wanamaker should have been double teaming, especially with the clock running out.

1615429238174.png

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom