Ten years ago today | The Boneyard

Ten years ago today

Reaction Score
Guarded by Wanamaker with 10 seconds to go...Coombs-McDaniel on the screen...Walker with 7...Got a mismatch!...Walker on McGhee with 4...Kemba Walker...Stepback...Walker...Cardiac Kemba does it again!!! UConn wins at the buzzer!!!

Sometimes I feel like that, along with Rip's shot in 1998 vs Washington are my two most favorite shots in program history, just by how memorable they both were. They define UConn. 2016 vs Cincy in the 3OT rounding out my personal top 3.

Dutch Boyd

A fine place to live
Reaction Score
Sometimes I feel like that, along with Rip's shot in 1998 vs Washington are my two most favorite shots in program history, just by how memorable they both were. They define UConn. 2016 vs Cincy in the 3OT rounding out my personal top 3.
Being there for the Shabazz shot against Florida was pretty awesome too. I was sitting 2 rows behind Red for that game. Hugging and celebrating with complete strangers with excitement.

Reaction Score
With the perfection of hindsight, Wanamaker really should have doubled Kemba instead of standing and watching, the worst scenario would have been giving his man a wide-open look at a long 3-pointer.

Reaction Score
I was tracking this game on ESPN.com's scoreboard at work. I walked away late in the 2nd half and switched it back on at 74-74 and 13 sec. to go. The scoreboard then flipped to 76-74 but still showed 13 sec. left. And I figured, damn, Pitt still gets the ball back. Then... a few seconds later it flipped to "Final". All my coworkers in the area were treated to a loud "YES!" AT that point I had no idea just how dramatic the ending really was.

crazyUCfan23

Long live the Civil ConFLiCT
Reaction Score
What's the O/U on how many times this clip gets played during the BET this week?

Sibeerian

Mush on, you Huskies
Reaction Score
This reminds me that, when we played Marquette this year, I kept thinking that Theo Johns resembled someone else, but I couldn't remember who. Finally figured out that I was thinking of Gary McGee, who Kemba victimized here.

Reaction Score
Legend.

Once that happened you knew the rest of the postseason could be a magical run. And was it ever.

Kemba cemented his place in UConn lore that day.

2011BET_UConn-Pitt00.jpg

Reaction Score
Five in five.
Then, six straight.

Never again to be duplicated.

Wasnt that team undefeated in tournament play that year? The Maui Inv. BET and the NCAA as I recall. There was a video from someone phone that was courtside of this shot as well. What an amazing run, team and shot.

Reaction Score
Five in five.
Then, six straight.

Never again to be duplicated.
It can happen again if a lower seed goes on a run in the ACC tourney and again in the NCAA tourney.

Reaction Score
I watched that game early this morning. I'm watching the 1999 Championship game vs. Duke right now. The game was played deep in the paint then - so much more than it is currently. That play were Won takes the ball out of Brand's hands and scores with the baby hook over him was glorious. I'm watching it like it's happening live. So much fun. Duke thought they'd walk all over us.

Reaction Score
The reactions are great. Everyone. Guys behind the bench, people in the crowd, the cheerleaders, Jonathan. Everyone moved the instant he released the ball and then the reaction. Awesome.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom