2024 Recruiting: - Tahaad Pettiford Updates Recruitment | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2024 Recruiting: Tahaad Pettiford Updates Recruitment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
One takeaway from this all star game, Pettiford has a very nice shot. Quick and efficient energy transfer. Not sure what his numbers look like?

Reaction Score
More often than not.. If you've ever played ball.. There is some history ..Either from previous games.. or in that particular game.. Where a statement dunk/shot.. Mano/mano.. Says it all..

Rules of the jungle

Reaction Score
To those who don’t like the barking after the dunk… I respect your opinion but I would hope that it is a consistent one. This would mean that you don’t like Tom Brady’s reactions on the football field either.

Reaction Score
More often than not.. If you've ever played ball.. There is some history ..Either from previous games.. or in that particular game.. Where a statement dunk/shot.. Mano/mano.. Says it all..

Rules of the jungle

I played ball I know the rules (not through a power dunk mind you) and they should never be in the other players face no matter the situation. A good talking to down the other end after is fine but this I just don’t like. It’s not like I haven’t seen a Husky player do something I didn’t care for, just saying this is a bit much.

Reaction Score
I played ball I know the rules (not through a power dunk mind you) and they should never be in the other players face no matter the situation. A good talking to down the other end after is fine but this I just don’t like. It’s not like I haven’t seen a Husky player do something I didn’t care for, just saying this is a bit much.
FWIW.. Not my style either.. Just what they see on TV

Reaction Score
I can’t speak for Mau, but for me the last two words were entirely superfluous.
They were. That was obviously a little jab toward Mau.

But also trying to drive home a point.

You shouldn’t judge/speak on an emotional, highly intense, high energy moment, sitting from your couch eating potato chips.

If you have never barked at an opponent during a heated battle you haven’t truly competed.

That’s my take on the matter. Not only do I condone it, I love to see it. It shows passion

Reaction Score
To those who don’t like the barking after the dunk… I respect your opinion but I would hope that it is a consistent one. This would mean that you don’t like Tom Brady’s reactions on the football field either.

The idea is that they don't like it when directed at an opponent. So yes, if Brady, or Tyler Herro, or Mac McLung do it, they don't like it.

It's been explained that it gives the opponent extra motivation.

Reaction Score
I don't see how the two examples are directly related. Many athletes do stuff to pump themselves and their teammates up. But standing over an opponent and mocking them is something completely different. I could be wrong, but I don't remember Brady ever directing something like that at an opponent. Have an example of that? I remember some examples when he was jawing with an opponent. But not in a disparaging way. That usually starts fights in professional sports.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
You shouldn’t judge/speak on an emotional, highly intense, high energy moment, sitting from your couch eating potato chips.
Agree. You need to eating a better snack… like Combos or something.

Reaction Score
I don't see how the two examples are directly related. Many athletes do stuff to pump themselves and their teammates up. But standing over an opponent and mocking them is something completely different. I could be wrong, but I don't remember Brady ever directing something like that at an opponent. Have an example of that? I remember some examples when he was jawing with an opponent. But not in a disparaging way. That usually starts fights in professional sports.

You’re kidding, right? Tyrann Mathieu? Anthony Smith? Brady runs into the end zone and woofs at d-backs all the time. You think he’s telling them how good he thinks they are? Everyone gushes about his competitive fire.

Reaction Score
Friendly reminder that this is a 17 year old kid that just dunked another 17 year old kid into his grave

Sure, it’s an unprofessional move. But he’s 17. He’ll mature with time. And even if he doesn’t, there’s players in the NBA who bark all game long and as long as they produce on the court, they get contracts

Reaction Score
They were. That was obviously a little jab toward Mau.

But also trying to drive home a point.

If you have never barked at an opponent during a heated battle you haven’t truly competed.

That’s my take on the matter. Not only do I condone it, I love to see it. It shows passion

I wasn’t eating potato chips and I truly competed. Never had to bark just played. If you condone it you’re truly not a guy I’d enjoy playing with and your assumption I just sit on a couch and eat potato chips and disagree with dopes like you is laughable. Keep up the good work lol.

Reaction Score
You’re kidding, right? Tyrann Mathieu? Anthony Smith? Brady runs into the end zone and woofs at d-backs all the time. You think he’s telling them how good he thinks they are? Everyone gushes about his competitive fire.

I think we both know exactly why they're complaining about Pettiford and not Brady. No one wants to open that floodgate on the yard... but it's obvious.

Reaction Score
I wasn’t eating potato chips and I truly competed. Never had to bark just played. If you condone it you’re truly not a guy I’d enjoy playing with and your assumption I just sit on a couch and eat potato chips and disagree with dopes like you is laughable. Keep up the good work lol.
The dude he stood over literally knocked him to the ground at full speed. Plus, he just finished on him.

You just don’t get it man and that’s okay but I couldn’t disagree more

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Hot take, Combos are gross
BE22F49B-18FF-49B6-9B3B-C2169D17A7E7.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members