2024 Recruiting: - Tahaad Pettiford Updates Recruitment | The Boneyard

2024 Recruiting: Tahaad Pettiford Updates Recruitment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
UConn: “I took a visit to UConn and it went really well. I liked it a lot. We walked around the campus took pictures, talked to the coaches, I met one of the staff members that help the team with their school work, they showed me the dorms and I met a few players. They’re a good school and I’ll definitely keep them in mind.”

Reaction Score

UConn: “UConn, that’s family too. Coach Danny (Hurley) grew up with my dad. So they’re really close. He’s like family. He called me before the game and told me he’s going to be here. I love how they treat me like family, even though I’m not even there yet. They show a lot of love. I love the fan base there. I’ve actually went to one of their games and I love the fan base. I look at that before I commit to a school too.”

Reaction Score

UConn: “UConn, that’s family too. Coach Danny (Hurley) grew up with my dad. So they’re really close. He’s like family. He called me before the game and told me he’s going to be here. I love how they treat me like family, even though I’m not even there yet. They show a lot of love. I love the fan base there. I’ve actually went to one of their games and I love the fan base. I look at that before I commit to a school too.”

These comments are usually so boring and boilerplate. This one is downright effusive in comparison. Let's lock him down!

Reaction Score

"even though I'm not even there yet..."

Reaction Score
"even though I'm not even there yet..."
I try not to read too far into these quotes, but that one is absolutely telling of his mindset. Even if he doesn't end up coming, we were at this point a favorite. The Kentucky quote reads more like affirmation of his own process rather than anything else. A milestone rather than an opportunity. He still could end up there, because it could make business and rational sense to him after weighing pros/cons, but we're making a strong appeal.

"Cooper went there, and he went pro." Oof. Yeah, late in the 2nd round despite being a 5* prospect, and now he's on a 2-way. Gonna have to say that his Auburn experience didn't do him any favors.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Ok good, I don’t like it. Unnecessary to me but by all means I’m good with your opinion on it. Doesn’t make him a bad kid love to have him.
I think you should rethink you opinion. The amount of adrenaline coursing through your system after slamming it hard on someone like that, it would almost be impossible not to react. Especially when that person did all they could to try and halt your momentum and you pushed through anyway.

Clearly you’ve never dunked a basketball very hard ;)

Reaction Score
I think you should rethink you opinion. The amount of adrenaline coursing through your system after slamming it hard on someone like that, it would almost be impossible not to react. Especially when that person did all they could to try and halt your momentum and you pushed through anyway.

People try to stop you whether it’s a dunk or a jump shot it’s called defense. I don’t need to rethink my opinion, neither do you. You’re ok with it, I’m not never was. Just play on!

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score

What goes around comes around. Let your work stand for itself. Rubbing someone's nose in it when they are on the floor invites retaliation from the entire opposing team and takes the focus off your own team and onto the individual. IMHO that's overkill; grandstanding.

However, we don't know what, if anything, was going on between the two prior to the play. :)

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

By all means react. Celebrate. Do it with you teammates and the crowd, not the dude on the ground.

Reaction Score

I've been there. A faculty/8th grade basketball game featured my hardest dunk ever.

I stole the ball and from a kid and had a clear breakaway to the basket. I noticed the side baskets were lowered to ~7 feet, so I bee-lined straight to out of bounds and freakin' thundered a dunk right near where the crowd was sitting. I jumped so high, my eye level almost reached the hoop. The gym teacher was the closest to me after the dunk, we chest bumped. It felt awesome.

Life has gone downhill since, but I love reliving the past.

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
Looks like the games (girls then boys) will be outdoor at Northerly Island, a little island next to downtown Chicago. I've been to many concerts there but never a hoop game. We are having great weather for outdoor basketball. It will probably be about 65 degrees at game time. Castle and Pettiford on Team Futr roster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom