Taggart gone at FSU. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Taggart gone at FSU.

Reaction Score
Yeah that makes sense. I believe even Syracuse voted no. I believe the only ones in UConn’s corner were Duke, Wake Forest, and Maybe Virginia?

Syracuse supported both Louisville and UConn. However, the support for Pitino & Jurich was enthusiastic. The support for the Huskies? Not so much.

Reaction Score

>>Multiple reports came out Monday that a deal with Stoops was very close and that the deal would be done in days. A morning radio talk show said Tuesday morning the deal would be done Thursday.<<

>>"Rumors we are close to an agreement with Bob Stoops are untrue," Coburn said. "We are on schedule to have someone in this position by end of the month... Chances of something happening this week are virtually zero." <<

>> What about Stoops’ much-rumored visit to Tallahassee Monday? That was news to Coburn. “He hasn’t been in town to meet with FSU,” Coburn said. Stoops also tweeted two photos Monday night from the Hard Rock Hotel in Hollywood, Fla.<<

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Syracuse supported both Louisville and UConn. However, the support for Pitino & Jurich was enthusiastic. The support for the Huskies? Not so much.
Cuse only publically supported UConn when it was very apparent that UConn had no chance at acceptance - they played the PR game - no way did they want the Huskies in the ACC as a greater recruitment opposition that it would have created in their minds

Reaction Score
According to ESPiN, FSU raised about $20 mil from private donors to buy out Taggart's contract. Couldn't wait to get him outta there.
The real winner were the Ducks. I heard on the PAC12 network, not only are they pauing WIlly $18M to sit on his ass and not work they are paying also Oregon for their buy out plus took over Oregon's buy out expense to USF that they were on the hook for. Then Oregon get's Cristobal (who was promoted from WIlly;s staff) who looks like the real deal. Those of us in Oregon are giddy.

Reaction Score
FSU really needs to get this hire right. Stoops would be a solid hire if he still has the passion.

Reaction Score
Cuse only publically supported UConn when it was very apparent that UConn had no chance at acceptance - they played the PR game - no way did they want the Huskies in the ACC as a greater recruitment opposition that it would have created in their minds

Syracuse's Chancellor at that time was Nancy Cantor who cared about athletics about as much as Susan Herbst. I don't think their AD, Doc Hollywood, really cared much either and was already rumored on the way out. (For sure their internet fans cared and celebrated wildly -- most of them -- when the Pitino crowd won the spot)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom