Taggart gone at FSU. | The Boneyard

Taggart gone at FSU.

Reaction Score
Never really gave him a chance, but if you're AD at FSU, you either fire him or get fired.

Reaction Score
He’s just not a good coach. No real success to speak of. Same with Charlie Strong. Can’t run the program top to bottom. Good coordinators, that’s it.

Reaction Score
Never really gave him a chance, but if you're AD at FSU, you either fire him or get fired.
I was surprised they fired him today. I knew it was coming at some point because he is an absolutely pathetic head coach, but I still thought they would give him at least the rest of this season. The guy was in way over his head there.

Reaction Score
They had to get rid of him or face total revolt from a dwindling fan base. A 4-4 Miami Team absolutely boat raced them at home. Their QB was sacked like 785 times. That shouldn't be acceptable at a school like FAU let alone at once proud FSU. Too many resources and built in advantages in Tallahassee to be so horrifyingly bad.

Reaction Score
According to ESPiN, FSU raised about $20 mil from private donors to buy out Taggart's contract. Couldn't wait to get him outta there.

Reaction Score
Going to have to losen recruiting restrictions more to get Meyer

It’s definitely a long shot for him to coach again anywhere in my opinion, but if it is anywhere it’s ND.

Reaction Score
They had to get rid of him or face total revolt from a dwindling fan base. A 4-4 Miami Team absolutely boat raced them at home. Their QB was sacked like 785 times. That shouldn't be acceptable at a school like FAU let alone at once proud FSU. Too many resources and built in advantages in Tallahassee to be so horrifyingly bad.
Good!!!!!! I hate FSU, hope they suffer for 40 years. They're one of the main reasons Uconn never got the ACC invite.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
No way should we go triple option. We’ll have trouble scheduling, we won’t pass much which isn’t what today’s fan wants and we will have to start over from a personnel standpoint. We just need a good coach, not some desperate gimmick.
Charlie Strong?

Yes, two Florida state school coaches that are terrible. Taggert quickly job hopped his way to FSU without really doing anything and Charlie Strong got run out of Texas, flopped at UL and then got the USF job on name recognition alone. Terrible hires in my home state by schools I follow and have family attending.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Good!!!!!! I hate FSU, hope they suffer for 40 years. They're the one of the main reasons Uconn never got the ACC invite.

Is there any proof of this? I get that Clemson and FSU have a lot of power in that league and I definitely see why they would prefer Louisville. Just wondering if this ever came out as fact.

Reaction Score
Is there any proof of this? I get that Clemson and FSU have a lot of power in that league and I definitely see why they would prefer Louisville. Just wondering if this ever came out as fact.
FSU and BC were the two big nails in the coffin, but FSU went further convincing two or three other schools (forget who) who were on the fence, to vote no. I hate them.

Don't forget, there were two specific instances when UConn was considered. When Louisville was invited over us that was the 2nd time. I always felt had it not been for FSU, we would have gotten an invite the first time. Miami was another big no vote.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
FSU and BC were the two big nails in the coffin, but FSU went further convincing two or three other schools (forget who) who were on the fence, to vote no. I hate them, especially the woman AD, Donna something.

Yeah that makes sense. I believe even Syracuse voted no. I believe the only ones in UConn’s corner were Duke, Wake Forest, and Maybe Virginia?

Reaction Score
Yeah that makes sense. I believe even Syracuse voted no. I believe the only ones in UConn’s corner were Duke, Wake Forest, and Maybe Virginia?
NC State, Clemson, UNC, Georgia Tech were strong leans in our favor but some were convinced to vote no.

Reaction Score
FSU and BC were the two big nails in the coffin, but FSU went further convincing two or three other schools (forget who) who were on the fence, to vote no. I hate them.

Don't forget, there were two specific instances when UConn was considered. When Louisville was invited over us that was the 2nd time. I always felt had it not been for FSU, we would have gotten an invite the first time. Miami was another big no vote.
Donna Shalala (forgive me if I misspelled her last name) was the president of Miami at the time that Blumenthal sued the ACC and vowed they would never play UConn again. She was not from FSU. The FSU thing came later. They convinced NC State and GTech to join them with BC to be certain UConn did not get an invite.

Reaction Score
FSU's AD Paul Dee was a fat slimeball, he had some gripe against UConn, can't remember what it was. He left FSU right after this happened to become head of the NCAA infractions committee.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score

either the greatest scoop ever by these guys or an epic troll job but still had to post it

Reaction Score
Round 1 ACC realignment: Free Shoes played no role supporting scUM and bcu at UConn’s expense? Hmmm ... seriously?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom