2023 Recruiting: - Tafara Gapare Decommits from DePaul | The Boneyard

2023 Recruiting: Tafara Gapare Decommits from DePaul

Status
Not open for further replies.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
Ouch, that was a good get for DePaul and only a little over a month ago. Local kid in that he’s at South Kent … would be a nice follow up to Sanogo. There was talk of him reclassing to 2022 though, I wonder if one of those other schools is looking for more immediate needs?

Reaction Score
Ouch, that was a good get for DePaul and only a little over a month ago. Local kid in that he’s at South Kent … would be a nice follow up to Sanogo. There was talk of him reclassing to 2022 though, I wonder if one of those other schools is looking for more immediate needs?
I would much rather have Tafara Gapare as a 2022 reclass instead of Jaret Valencia

Much higher upside IMO

Reaction Score
Is this a case where his destination is probably already settled, or do we think his recruitment is legitimately open again?

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
He was originally committed to GW in the ‘22 class. Here’s a video from his NZ days. I know these are highlights but he looks to be able to run the break really well for his size and also handle the ball - more mobile than Sanogo but I imagine he would like what he saw from the Huskies liking to get out and run.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
Can international kids get paid in OTE? What type of visa would they be on, because technically OTE has an “academic” component to it…

NIL likely has nothing to do with this decommit, because intenational students can’t get paid while here on a students visa.

Given the above, does he want to reclass to 2022 and DePaul didn’t have any open spots?

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
I would much rather have Tafara Gapare as a 2022 reclass instead of Jaret Valencia

Much higher upside IMO
It all makes sense now why a true 2022 kid (JV) who wants to play for UConn still hasn’t committed at this point…

Reaction Score
He seems much more of a 3/4 than a 4/5. Would he play? With the glut of wings and 4’s we have this year I’d much prefer him come 2023 to avoid a transfer.

BUT

If he were to reclass this year I’d gladly take him. But someone isn’t gonna be happy at season end( Karaban, Johnson, Gapare, Alleyne)

Reaction Score
He seems much more of a 3/4 than a 4/5. Would he play? With the glut of wings and 4’s we have this year I’d much prefer him come 2023 to avoid a transfer.

BUT

If he were to reclass this year I’d gladly take him. But someone isn’t gonna be happy at season end( Karaban, Johnson, Gapare, Alleyne)
Transfer portal window closed like 2 months ago. Not gonna make a difference this year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robrio89

Top Bottom